So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

limbrok

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Ah, sorry, I guess I misunderstood you then. But no one really wants Karma to be OP, just viable, really.

The R&E rework seems nice on paper but I'd really have to see the values, ratios and cooldown. Maybe it's half the shield/damage she has now, and that would be incredibly disappointing. Or maybe her Mantra is on a 60 sec cd so she can't use it nearly as often as before. So I'm still very worried.
The only thing we can be is "worried" I suppose, but I highly doubt they would make her an unviable mid after all of this. I doubt her Mantra will be 60 seconds -- probably much closer to LeBlanc or Lux's ultimate, maybe even shorter. It really depends on how strong the empowered mantra abilities are. As Scarizard said, they gave her 1 mantra so that they could make empowered effects truly "empowered". Karma is getting an actual ult rather than an additional 4th ability that doesn't scream ultimate at all.

I wouldn't be too worried. I'm sure they've done a dandy job.

Mappy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Oh yeah, this is probably important to mention - Her AA range is 525 at the moment. Not gonna give homegirl incentives to aggressively AA and keep her at the old numbers! Take Inspire and level 1 and enjoy just training people with her super awesome auto attack!
yay! Thanks for that!
Does 550 Makes it too strong?

Healurownbum

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Helghast27 View Post
shes not support? sounds like it, a healing slowing teather for disengaging / escaping, and a shield that speeds up for your adc to escape ganks.... sounds like a good combo.
Tether is enemy only from what i can see and it only heals Karma. So all she has as a support spell is the shield.

FrozenMistninja

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.

His post pretty much sums up how I feel about her fans in a much better manner than how I went about it.....But the fans gotta stay.....please make a poll!!!!

SethCougar

03-15-2013

You mentioned a few posts back that the passive allowed her R CD to be lowered on spell hit. Is this a separate CD for each spell when used with R (Thinking Rengar's passive) or is it dependent on the base CD of each ability. If so, can we get a rough idea of her base CD's?

Furthermore, what of the charges on her ult? The were originally capped at 2. Will you boost this to three to keep in line with other champions with charge based ults (Teemo, Akali, Ahri...) If not, why?

I am so very keen for this relaunch

Bes7iA

03-15-2013

i have a question that maybe is important just for me

i like to play jungle karma (just for fun, i like to jungle everyhting)

will her "renewal" be able to be casted on monsters and minions?

Fomorian27

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Oh yeah, this is probably important to mention - Her AA range is 525 at the moment. Not gonna give homegirl incentives to aggressively AA and keep her at the old numbers! Take Inspire and level 1 and enjoy just training people with her super awesome auto attack!

Also i've edited the main post to clarify, but Inner Flame is AoE. The slow and damage is applied around the unit you first strike with it, making it possibly to trigger Gathering Fire multiple times if you manage to snipe a group of enemy champions!
Scarizard, can you please tell us how you were able to get the karma rework out to us in 8 weeks when Guinsoo was working on it for nigh on 2 years, especially when morello said that most of guinsoos contributions had to be reworked?

HarryOrunitia

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCougar View Post
You mentioned a few posts back that the passive allowed her R CD to be lowered on spell hit. Is this a separate CD for each spell when used with R (Thinking Rengar's passive) or is it dependent on the base CD of each ability. If so, can we get a rough idea of her base CD's?

Furthermore, what of the charges on her ult? The were originally capped at 2. Will you boost this to three to keep in line with other champions with charge based ults (Teemo, Akali, Ahri...) If not, why?

I am so very keen for this relaunch
She only has one charge now.

Neumann

03-15-2013

Just a simple question here. About her shield, now just to make this clear, she cannot in fact target herself to shield correct? Doesn't that seem a bit weird since Orianna, Morganna and Lux, champs your comparing her to, can do just that?

Sacredpreist

03-15-2013

Is Karma's Mantra cooldown Lowered by CDR anymore or is that completely removed?