So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samalabam

03-15-2013

What if the mantra bonus on her tether can heal an ally that she targets it with?

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piaras View Post
This also bothers me, as I was always a fan of support Karma.

I'm okay with everything in the new kit except for W. The new W, while more effective, strikes me as a tad more boring. I wish there was still some form of ally interaction on it, maybe a heal that gives some of Karma's health to allies? Or some kind of crazy ally to enemy tether?

I think the main thing that bothers me is that from a support's perspective she shifted from mitigation/healing to crowd control, and there are plenty of crowd control supports already. While I know some of the game designers have a problem with healing, I though Karma's old kit combined healing and mitigation in a fun way.
My issue is her crowd control isn't even strong crowd control. So she gave up the option of a double combo shield + heal for...slows?

I mean yeah new W looks a ton more reliable. I...I'm not so sure I'll miss it as much on Karma as I might have expected. Really if they put it back into the game on a new tank champion kit I would love it so much more because I could trigger it. Karma can't really position for it....

I dunno maybe the speedy shield will feel just as good for that part? Hmm though itll have the issue of causing allies to seperate. I dunno if I like that. One of the things about Spirit Bond that was always present for feel was that it let you and the Tether both move quickly. So you could play keep up with allies while speeding them up. Most single target speed boosts don't do that and don't have that feel to them. So maybe it'll feel really bad in play?

Black OpaD

03-15-2013

Not sure if I like it. The skillshot looks like it would make a much better AP carry then she used to be..

Skyson

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
So without further ado… here’s Karma’s new kit:

Passive: Gathering Fire – Damage from Karma’s spells and basic attacks lower Mantra’s cooldown.

R: Mantra – Empowers Karma’s abilities, adding an extra effect to the next ability cast.

Q: Inner Flame – Skillshot that deals magic damage and slows enemies.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Soulflare – Increases damage and leaves behind a zone that slows and, after a brief delay, explodes for AoE damage.

W: Focused Resolve – Enemy-targeted tether that deals damage over time. If the tether is unbroken after a short duration, the tethered target is rooted in place.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Renewal – Deals bonus damage and heals Karma for the duration of the tether.

E: Inspire – Shields an ally and grants them a short speed boost.
  • Empowered by Mantra: Defiance – Enemies near the shielded ally are damaged while nearby allies are shielded and granted a short speed boost.

First you take away her fans, then you take away her incredibly symbolic passive (anyone on here arguing that Karma's passive is not one of, if not her MAIN, defining feature is completely ignorant to how Karma currently works), and then... ugh. So much of this is so depressing to read.

There's nothing good at all about this Karma except her E. You buffed the living hell out of that E and it's the only skill worth mantra buffing. Removal of her AoE heal, removal of ANY speed modifier effects on her tether.

The tether is ruined, I can't believe it applies no speed modifier by itself and you have to blow both of your other skills to offset speed to catch up. And it's only enemy-targetted now. You can't even tether a minion and run through other minions to wave clear anymore. Holy ****. Her tether is LITERALLY useless to anyone but herself, another one of the defining points of her kit, being able to SPIRIT BOND (what the hell is the new name of this W? lmao.) allies off of an enemy and tip the speed in your favor. Now you have to do it through mantra Eing and landing a Q at the same time.

Her E is ridiculous. Reasonably, it's one of the only things I ever wanted to see in a Karma rework. That and the tether doing damage to the target you tethered. This E is so dumb. An AOE shield and an aoe speed boost. There is no other champ that does anything REMOTELY close to that in one skill. All of the damage in this kit is right there in that E. You get the shielding power that Karma is known so well for, and then you get it as an AoE. There is no way that Karma will be viable as anything but an AP now. Karma support was lacking before, now it's just debilitating.

The removal of the passive is probably the most heart-crushing thing that any moderately intelligent Karma player will hate. Unless you buff Mantra's cooldown to something insane, then this passive is useless. The only Karma players who needed to worry about not having mantra stacks at crucial moments are ones that suck at managing or are getting stomped in lane anyway. 12 seconds is not that bad, not bad at ALL through early-mid because you shouldn't need to spam mantra skills at all.

This is abysmal from the eyes of a Karma player, but I felt the same way about the Katarina rework. More people who never even looked at her before will be able to play her because the risk/reward balance has been severely overthrown. And no one will remember the old champion because the new one is such a terror. Two of my favorite champions, and everything I loved about them, destroyed.

This is what happens when a community cries out, I guess. Oh well, at least she'll get popular. I'll have respect for old Karma players who will get overshadowed by people coming out of the woodworks and had never even bothered to look at what she did before the rework. lol

Zain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

Riot PLEASE REALIZE that the reason Karma wasn't good was because her level 6 abilities were bad because they were level 5 spells. Meaning that in-order for Karma to get about as good as other Champions she had to go beyond level 5 to six to do the same damage as a level 5 ability.

Skias

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailias View Post
I sympathise with you, I loved the old Karma as well and have already been playing less since mid last year. I just got sick and tired of all the feedback regarding female models being completely and utterly ignored. We were told we would be pleased with the late year release, and then it turned out to be Vi, a brawler who's waist is so small she would snap in half if Teemo sneezed. Oh and yet another ****ty holiday skin...

And then this new Karma, sorry but it's just not even Karma anymore.

I'm really happy with Quinn, but it's too little too late for me. I'd rather focus on things which actively promote gender equality in gaming rather than support this.
I truly don't understand how a champs waist size carries this much weight with people.

ZeroSoulreaver

03-15-2013

Not happy with how her skillshot is sounding. I enjoyed the small radius of Karma's Q when she had fans.

Lord Pudding Cup

03-15-2013

Riot ignore the haters, all the key items are still there in different combo's and honestly this sounds f*cking wicked, the tether that slows and heals sounds so amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for kiting people and at the same time healing yourself, and you can shield speed up your ADC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She may be the new Ultimate Support for disengages.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

03-15-2013
38 of 43 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Oh, and do you get her Mantra automatically at level 1 and her skills level up to 6 still or is she the traditional 5/5/5/3 now?
I'm reading every post in this thread/compiling a list of recurring issues and starting to type my responses (to some of the higher level stuff like WTF PASSIVE and if she's still a support etc) but i figured i'd drop in super quick and clarify this:

Karma still gains a point in Mantra at Level 1, but now has the ability to level it at 6, 11, and 16.

Points into Mantra increase the effectiveness of Soulflare, Renewal, and Defiance - so a player focusing on Inner Flame poke will still have her E2 be effective (even if E is at rank 1), while a support karma who might want to level Inspire can still get a sizeable chunk of Soulflare damage to go along with that slow zone.

Also to spread the word http://na.leagueoflegends.com/news/k...esday-march-19

We'll be having an AMA on reddit next week, so me (and everyone on the team!) will be able to take a lot more time to answer questions and go into specific details!

brb gonna keep scanning thread to put up a mega-post. Keep the feedback coming, guys! I'm glad so many of you are excited to try her out.

Lord Pudding Cup

03-15-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zain View Post
Riot PLEASE REALIZE that the reason Karma wasn't good was because her level 6 abilities were bad because they were level 5 spells. Meaning that in-order for Karma to get about as good as other Champions she had to go beyond level 5 to six to do the same damage as a level 5 ability.
lol your saying this not even knowing the new ratios lol