So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Severian NA

03-12-2013

Well, in this thread I have just focused on the VU. The abilities is its own ticking bomb. Ames says that old Karma players enjoy the new, but I have heard old Karma players say that "they will miss her" and that "the new Karma doesn't do anything for them". There is nothing to do but wait and see. I am pretty sure she will be fun, but I am anxious to see how the new kit feels compared to the old. The shields/shieldbombs, percentage heals, the way mantra works, cooldowns, and the mad baits. Will I get to stand under my tower, low health, while bouncing up and down in my chair going "dive! Come on! I dare you! Dive me! You know you want to!" XD

cocacolalips

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by relevantex View Post
This whole thread is an argument going nowhere because it's split between people with completely different view points: those who used to love Karma, and those who saw her as another champion. I've read through this thread, wading through all the tears, and at page 100+ or so it's purely an EMOTIONAL plea to Riot. They have this bond to a champion that they fell in love with, like a character in a story. That's why her dress, her fans, her walk, etc. are the most important aspects to them because they convey who Karma was as a character in their mind - an elegant beauty who fought out of necessity rather than just to prove her strength like so many other champions.That's why there's all this backlash calling her generic and a sIut, etc. Do they really think she looks like a sIut? Probably not, but it's just an emotional response from a group of people who are upset about their character being 'taken away' essentially.

None of that emotional stuff matters to the people who saw her as a champion. To them, the changes make complete sense. Her main theme was always inner strength, and Riot decided to take that one theme and go wild with it instead keeping her hodgepodge of themes intact. This makes perfect LOGICAL sense to the people who just saw her as a champion, including Riot themselves. That's why Morello can sit back and crack fan jokes all day: he has no emotional attachment to Karma - she's another champion, an outdated project, that needed reworking. They don't get what the huge deal is about the fans, dress, and walk - they're just obsolete components.To them now the champion finally reflects a proper theme and the kit will (hopefully) follow suit.

These are the two arguments being made that can't see eye to eye. They come from two different sides that see Karma completely differently, but the only way to appease both is to see the argument from both sides. What's truly hilarious is the solution is quite simple: in order to appease both groups let the Traditional skin have the fans and walk from old Karma while the new Karma remains the default. That's it. Both groups get to have "their" Karma in the respective skins so no one really loses out. The kit can continue to be updated and hardly anyone would have any issues with it.
I like that.
That would be quite the skin.
Now if only Riot was a bit more keen on the whole artistic concept, which really doesn't show much in this thread D;
Not to mention their history is quite the Gundam saga by itself; mechas, mechas everywhere.
Bionic Amrak inc.

SexyShady

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-12-2013

Quote:
This whole thread is an argument going nowhere because it's split between people with completely different view points: those who used to love Karma, and those who saw her as another champion. I've read through this thread, wading through all the tears, and at page 100+ or so it's purely an EMOTIONAL plea to Riot. They have this bond to a champion that they fell in love with, like a character in a story. That's why her dress, her fans, her walk, etc. are the most important aspects to them because they convey who Karma was as a character in their mind - an elegant beauty who fought out of necessity rather than just to prove her strength like so many other champions.That's why there's all this backlash calling her generic and a sIut, etc. Do they really think she looks like a sIut? Probably not, but it's just an emotional response from a group of people who are upset about their character being 'taken away' essentially.

None of that emotional stuff matters to the people who saw her as a champion. To them, the changes make complete sense. Her main theme was always inner strength, and Riot decided to take that one theme and go wild with it instead keeping her hodgepodge of themes intact. This makes perfect LOGICAL sense to the people who just saw her as a champion, including Riot themselves. That's why Morello can sit back and crack fan jokes all day: he has no emotional attachment to Karma - she's another champion, an outdated project, that needed reworking. They don't get what the huge deal is about the fans, dress, and walk - they're just obsolete components.To them now the champion finally reflects a proper theme and the kit will (hopefully) follow suit.

These are the two arguments being made that can't see eye to eye. They come from two different sides that see Karma completely differently, but the only way to appease both is to see the argument from both sides. What's truly hilarious is the solution is quite simple: in order to appease both groups let the Traditional skin have the fans and walk from old Karma while the new Karma remains the default. That's it. Both groups get to have "their" Karma in the respective skins so no one really loses out. The kit can continue to be updated and hardly anyone would have any issues with it.
This makes complete sense to me. I can see both sides easily, although I am leaning heavily toward the emotional side since I did fall in love with her.

TheInnocentdevil

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
I love how Riot continues to outright IGNORE the dress, focusing purely on the fan discussion. But, hey, it's whatever, right? Promising to keep her as classy as she was before doesn't really mean anything; just throw out whatever rework and let the players deal with it.

Edit:

This quote basically sums up my thoughts, but it's coming from someone using a lot more reason and a ton less vitriol. I'd apologize for being spiteful, but Riot's "nah, bra, you'll like it!" approach to this discussion is pretty insulting, especially when sprinkled with "it's too late anyway".
Sorry but that dress was completely impractical. Are you telling me a woman is trying to fight and move across a "battlefield" in a dress that grants practically no mobility. Sorry, but I prefer the new look of karma to the old look.

DollAlice

03-12-2013

I have a question. I have a karma from me some time ago, because their skills are amazing, will I get skin also or only for q buy them recently?. thanks for your help

Stone Ocean

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollAlice View Post
I have a question. I have a karma from me some time ago, because their skills are amazing, will I get skin also or only for q buy them recently?. thanks for your help
Everyone that owns her the moment the VU is released gets it.

DollAlice

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Ocean View Post
Everyone that owns her the moment the VU is released gets it.
uff luckily, thanks for your answer: 3

KyliaL

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheInnocentdevil View Post
Sorry but that dress was completely impractical. Are you telling me a woman is trying to fight and move across a "battlefield" in a dress that grants practically no mobility. Sorry, but I prefer the new look of karma to the old look.
ok now your just copying what karma says in game lol. its supposed to be impractical, thats the lure of karma. fans, dress, inner calm, looking frail. damn straight she can move in a dress across a battlefield. that woman in a dress will catch you off guard, seduce you, then do some choppin with her inner will or fans . LOL. shes is a unique character. nothing but love for Karma!

Gooooober

03-12-2013

Quote:
Yes, I agree. If the traditional skin had the fans instead of Irelia type rods sticking out from her back & walked like the orig Karma that'd be sweet. The new/other skin for her new changes. I see no reason why that couldn't be done. They've made legendary skins act differently than others, they can do this.

KyliaL

03-12-2013

would be nice to see the "traditional" skin incorporate the old karma, even if her kit has changed a bit. fans and her walk would be appreciated.