So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alyssian993

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyromancer1212 View Post
when is she being released/announced?
Yes,When? xDD I am impatient and anxious at the same time

Dakotism

03-11-2013

All I want to say is that I am very excited about this "Overhaul," I have some doubts about the fans, like a lot of other Karma lovers out there, but I do see where Riot is coming from. I will not judge their decisions, their decisions have created the game that we all know and love. But I would very much like some kind of reference to her fans, even if it was only a joke.

RiotAmes I really like how you order your posts. They are easy to read, even with a lot of things going on inside them. And I thank you for being on top of this forum page, and I'm sure many other pages, and actually replying to our posts. I too have played many other MMO's and found that very few seem to actually care about it's players. So as I said above. Thank you.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
did mention that people who play Karma now still enjoy new Karma
Mantra explosions!, Mantra explosions everywhere

Gooooober

03-11-2013

As I said before, I'm happy for the attention towards her as I feel she's not played enough. I just hope her movement will remain as elegant & graceful as it is now.

Aranjah

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItemsGuy View Post
While black and white was a bit closer to the taijitu, the monochrome it effected muddied her visual design--this isn't really good for readability, as it sort of "greys" her out. Having a champion "pop" visually is important, due to the highly visual nature of video games!

Personally I found Karma's black/white design to be one of the most visually-distinct looks of any champion in the game. When everything else on my screen is bold, vivid color, a black/white things stands out pretty clearly to me. In my opinion, her new design looks much more generic.(And to be completely honest, I didn't register the dragons as a yin-yang symbol until I read it from other people in this thread. It doesn't read to me at all.) Don't get me wrong, the new design looks nice, but it definitely doesn't read "duality" anywhere near as well as her old look did. To me, the new look reads "random psychic mage number 3".

rootsoflust

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooooober View Post
As I said before, I'm happy for the attention towards her as I feel she's not played enough. I just hope her movement will remain as elegant & graceful as it is now.
I always thought it looked like she was shuffling across the map.... not very elegant walk/run animation imo

Ormy

03-11-2013

Normally never post on the forums, but I figured I would drop my 2 cents.

Start off I love the old Karma, she fit the best to me in the sense of who she was in the world outside of the battlefield. Everything about her was amazing. Even her animation where the lotus flowers explode from the shield. Hope the shield and the flowers remain but who knows.

So many people have already stated my perfect feelings about the old model and character. She was perfect. Her kit was perfect to be an anti turret diver and the best support with a bruiser who knew how to use her. She only fell out because of the AD support bot lane meta had better picks for supports.

First impression of the new model almost head me puking in the bathroom its that bad of a representation of who Karma is in Ionia. Now she looks like she belongs in a strip club like most other women in league and that is a Huge disappointment.

However in response to the traditional skin it is done very well as she still reamains the same balanced color scheme as each color has the same amount of visual attention. Its actually grown on me quite a lot after staring at it for some time. However the thing that just bothers me about her new model all around is the 10 foot high standard she wears. Its awful, does not read anything on her character, and just plain visually detracts from her as an actual model. That thing is what catches your eye not her body or anything. It needs to be removed or scaled down to how her previous mantle looked like an extension of her dress and did not detract but added to her design.

Anyways another disappointed release from riot, that we really have no say in.

Sinreu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

Will AD Karma still be viable?

Gooooober

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootsoflust View Post
I always thought it looked like she was shuffling across the map.... not very elegant walk/run animation imo
Are you kidding? You must not know movement then. She walks with grace, moving her hips, unlike any other champion here. Very Geisha. Other champs just runs if they don't float, no real poise or anything that defines their movement different from another champ.

Gooooober

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ormy View Post
Normally never post on the forums, but I figured I would drop my 2 cents.

Start off I love the old Karma, she fit the best to me in the sense of who she was in the world outside of the battlefield. Everything about her was amazing. Even her animation where the lotus flowers explode from the shield. Hope the shield and the flowers remain but who knows.

So many people have already stated my perfect feelings about the old model and character. She was perfect. Her kit was perfect to be an anti turret diver and the best support with a bruiser who knew how to use her. She only fell out because of the AD support bot lane meta had better picks for supports.

First impression of the new model almost head me puking in the bathroom its that bad of a representation of who Karma is in Ionia. Now she looks like she belongs in a strip club like most other women in league and that is a Huge disappointment.

However in response to the traditional skin it is done very well as she still reamains the same balanced color scheme as each color has the same amount of visual attention. Its actually grown on me quite a lot after staring at it for some time. However the thing that just bothers me about her new model all around is the 10 foot high standard she wears. Its awful, does not read anything on her character, and just plain visually detracts from her as an actual model. That thing is what catches your eye not her body or anything. It needs to be removed or scaled down to how her previous mantle looked like an extension of her dress and did not detract but added to her design.

Anyways another disappointed release from riot, that we really have no say in.

Agreed. Doesn't it kind of remind you of Cass' new skin (Jade Fang), just with feet? Lulz. I think between Irelia, Diana & Jade Fang Cass there's enough of those rod type objects sticking up for everyone ;p
Sadly, I just don't see "Karma" in the new look anymore