So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Burninate

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calypsx View Post
You know what really sucks about this whole visual remake? Cosplays like this won't be valid anymore.

Attachment 631575

She was cool already, now everyone who did fan art for her, cosplays, all of that, it will be for naught, it will be for a character that doesn't exist anymore, and no one will remember her old self. Her more original, less cliche and generic self. Karma is such an original character, I can't think of any other character that shared similarities to her, it was that awesome.

:< Poor Karma....
originality does not = playability. She may have been original(I kind of disagree with this) but she DEFINITELY was not playable. I would rather have a cliche and generic character that is at least viable than a champion who is completely original but completely unplayable and unviable.

Calypsx

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burninate View Post
Does it really matter if she shoots magic out of god damn fans or her hands? I found the fans to be retarded personally. Why would fans even have any remote combat capability besides keeping the sweat off?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_fan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_fighting_fan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tessenjutsu

Fans are actual weapons, and the martial art of using them is still taught today. I can't find anything for exploding mushrooms however.

Josh de Tonreau

03-09-2013

I like all of this
Will miss my old girl but I'm wholeheartedly happy with what I see so far

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2013

This thread is sad because every comment, whether supporting the rework or not is getting downvoted.
All except the comments about her fans.

Yea. The fans are cool.

Burninate

03-09-2013

Quote:
Wow kid, you are an absolute baddy. Does it really matter if she shoots magic out of god damn fans or her hands? I found the fans to be retarded personally. Why would fans even have any remote combat capability besides keeping the sweat off? I think her new visuals portrays her character better than the last one. Her last visual made no sense in regards to ionia.. Basically, no one even knew karma was from ionia UNLESS they read her lore. Whereas you can basically tell where other characters of ionia are from because they mostly look the part.

Karma was just some black woman(yuck) in a black and white dress. Now she is more brazilian looking and actually looks ionian!
wow the only people who are down voting this are people who hate brazilians.

Burninate

03-09-2013

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japanese_war_fan

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_fighting_fan

Fans are actual weapons, and the martial art of using them is still taught today. I can't find anything for exploding mushrooms however.
oh boy look! its another asian fighting weapon/style that is completely impractical and worthless. The rotten baseball bat in my garage is more viable than this poop.

Calypsx

03-09-2013

Quote:
originality does not = playability. She may have been original(I kind of disagree with this) but she DEFINITELY was not playable. I would rather have a cliche and generic character that is at least viable than a champion who is completely original but completely unplayable and unviable.
You could easily remake her kit without changing her personality and looks. This isn't Karma, it's like her long lost sister.

Calypsx

03-09-2013

Quote:
oh boy look! its another asian fighting weapon/style that is completely impractical and worthless. The rotten baseball bat in my garage is more viable than this poop.
I'm honestly surprised you aren't complaining about the giant swords, ninja stars, or freaking Lee Sin punching and kicking things.

Everyone should be using guns with this logic.

Afrocalypse

03-09-2013

Quote:
Wow kid, you are an absolute baddy. Does it really matter if she shoots magic out of god damn fans or her hands? I found the fans to be retarded personally. Why would fans even have any remote combat capability besides keeping the sweat off? I think her new visuals portrays her character better than the last one. Her last visual made no sense in regards to ionia.. Basically, no one even knew karma was from ionia UNLESS they read her lore. Whereas you can basically tell where other characters of ionia are from because they mostly look the part.

Karma was just some black woman(yuck) in a black and white dress. Now she is more brazilian looking and actually looks ionian!
Seriously? How do you know what Ionia even is if you don't read the lore.

Healurownbum

03-09-2013

Quote:
You know what really sucks about this whole visual remake? Cosplays like this won't be valid anymore.

Attachment 631575

She was cool already, now everyone who did fan art for her, cosplays, all of that, it will be for naught, it will be for a character that doesn't exist anymore, and no one will remember her old self. Her more original, less cliche and generic self. Karma is such an original character, I can't think of any other character that shared similarities to her, it was that awesome.

:< Poor Karma....
Why the downvotes...? She will be a blend version of who she was with the remake.