So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Choji

03-08-2013

Are you going to give sivir a new look soon? I think she needs one out of all the others.

Afrocalypse

03-08-2013

If you liked Karma's fans, I may put a shameless self-advertising in here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post35398639

ValorAndGlory

03-08-2013

Please give her back her fans, she ISN"T Karma with-out them! at least give her original skin the fans.

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Oh, I found the reds! They are here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3204369

...No words.

KiyoSpirit

03-08-2013

Is there any news on when she will be released? I'd like to try out the old Karma before she's gone forever. D:

Severian NA

03-08-2013

Better get started right away. She usually takes a bit of practice, before she really gets fun.

RadiantPyrophore

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
are you laughing at us Karma fans, Morello?
Obviously. Haven't you noticed reworks always = incoming nerfs anymore?

CH3F Lee

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Looks like our cover’s been blown…

Yep, this is new Karma. Yep, this is a big change. We believe Karma needed a reimagining, and we are going to talk to you about why we feel that’s the case. But before we dig into it, there’s something you should probably know first – anyone who owns Karma before her relaunch will get this Traditional Karma skin for free:

[aws2=news/March_2013/03_06_2013_Karma_Rework/Karma_Traditional_SS.jpg]news/March_2013/03_06_2013_Karma_Rework/Karma_Traditional_SS_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

This is important, because we know there are lots of fans (heh) of Karma’s existing look, and we don’t want to take that for granted.

We actually have been working on a dev diary that talks about our thought process behind Karma’s relaunch, but since the cat’s out of the bag…we’ll share the story and art sections of the dev diary right here, right now. We’ll release the full dev diary, including details on her new kit, when she’s ready for PBE (which is pretty soon). Without further ado, here’s her new splash:

[aws2=news/March_2013/03_06_2013_Karma_Rework/Karma_Splash.jpg]news/March_2013/03_06_2013_Karma_Rework/Karma_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

Grumpy Monkey will talk a little about her new visual design, and then Runaan will give you some insight into Karma’s reimagined backstory.

FInally, i ve been waiting for Karmas improvement for so long, there so many old champs that need Visual upgrade. U guys need to focus those.

Iridos

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian NA View Post
Seriously. We can tell a lot from those few pictures. And her splash. Enought not to reserve judgement, but as I have said before, if Riot somehow managed to keep our Karma in there, I will apologize for ever doubting them.

Karma's personality was communicated best through the chinese splash, In-game, it was her comments, her jokes and her walk, idle and joke animations that primarily made her Karma.
If you remove the fans, and the dress, you remove the core of these things. That is why the classic skin fails to do what it was meant to. If these things are added to the classic skin, I can live with the twin dragons, the new attack and ability animations. I get to keep my walk, my idle, my joke, my fans and my dress with her old look, I won't have to lose my Karma. Maybe with the current chinese splash, or a new one akin to it.

It is not necessary to argue that they have essentially removed our Karma, they are saying it themselves. I fervently disagree with that decision. My Karma is way better than Skarma. But it was their decision to make, and there is no turning back now. The reason I am still going on about this, is the hope that they will go above and beyond in proving that they care about all their players, that they understand we lost our champion, and rework the classical skin. If that is somehow too much to ask, or impossible, even sometime in the future, I would like at least an acknowledgement of the consequences of such a drastic remake,
The classic skin was supposed to remedy that, a beautiful gesture. But they failed to realise what that required. That takes nothing away from the thought behind, yet when we try to let them know that this is a serious blow, we're losing our character, and politely (at least some of us >.<) let them know how they can remedy that, they just leave. Suddenly the gesture rings hollow, because they won't even talk to us. "I see, we failed to realise this. That really sucks. We really meant it when we said that we cared about her current players, I'll see what we can do about the classic skin." Even if it turns out they can't do anything more, or that we might have to wait for a while, I wouldn't have to feel like we didn't matter after all. Or that we are somehow doing something wrong.
I know Riot cares, but this silence is really starting to get to me. I've been dreading and looking forward to this for a very long time. I put my faith in Riot, and tried to put my worries to rest. I just want them to talk to me >.< I want to hear their side of this, how they experienced our reaction. I want a positive dialogue, and I am not downvoting their hard work and efforts just because it screwed me over. They didn't want that to happen. Skarma isn't a bad concept, but my Karma ...

T.T
Spectacularly well stated.

Ravors Malody

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

skill preview <Here>