So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brennivin

03-08-2013

What part of "Re-imagined," do people not understand? It is a substantial change, not a power-up, or a visual upgrade. It is Karma, but imagined from a new angle, not changed to better fit the old angle.

Afrocalypse

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brennivin View Post
What part of "Re-imagined," do people not understand? It is a substantial change, not a power-up, or a visual upgrade. It is Karma, but imagined from a new angle, not changed to better fit the old angle.
Which is basically deleting the old character and releasing a new one. People don't want whole Karma to be deleted.

TheFinalAeon

03-08-2013

I've got a friend who's a current Karma main, and he's concerned that his "secret waifu" is going to lose some of her current power as a highly formidable AP Mid Caster in favor of a more traditional support's setup (which would basically make her Lux v2.0).

Are the Midlane Karmas going to find their game crippled in favor of the alleged support role that Karma is "supposed" to fill now? How drastic are her kit changes?

Afrocalypse

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinalAeon View Post
I've got a friend who's a current Karma main, and he's concerned that his "secret waifu" is going to lose some of her current power as a highly formidable AP Mid Caster in favor of a more traditional support's setup (which would basically make her Lux v2.0).

Are the Midlane Karmas going to find their game crippled in favor of the alleged support role that Karma is "supposed" to fill now? How drastic are her kit changes?
I don't think you got what they said right. They compared her to the likes of Morgana, Lux and Orianna. I am actually more worried about how she turns out to support. Maybe she will have a spot like Zyra.

Calypsx

03-08-2013

I'm really sad they are deleting the Karma from the game... :< I'll really miss her.

I don't care about the skill rework, but the old champion we knew and love is being deleted, that in itself makes me sad. Such grace, poise, and elegance will never grace the fields of justice again.

Kurnasos

03-08-2013

i play karma.... a lot... and i love her.. i did like the new look.. but as i read , it looks like they are changing her skills too... am i right?

please support me and my brazilian friends here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3198462
ty

TheEnygma

03-08-2013

man, this is almost like a Greedo shoots first thing. The horror, the horror...

TheFinalAeon

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrocalypse View Post
I don't think you got what they said right. They compared her to the likes of Morgana, Lux and Orianna. I am actually more worried about how she turns out to support. Maybe she will have a spot like Zyra.
How is Orianna a support? Call me ignorant, but I don't think I've ever seen a Support Ori, even a troll. She's got like, 2 moves that might work well as a Support, but like Morg, she's much better in a lane of her own than as a Support.

No comment on Support Zyra and Lux. I've seen too many good ones to make that complaint.

The primary concern I'm hearing is "The Karma rework is going to kill her currently overpowering Solo AP Mid game and make her an almost-exclusively support character."

Afrocalypse

03-08-2013

Quote:
How is Orianna a support? Call me ignorant, but I don't think I've ever seen a Support Ori, even a troll. She's got like, 2 moves that might work well as a Support, but like Morg, she's much better in a lane of her own than as a Support.

No comment on Support Zyra and Lux. I've seen too many good ones to make that complaint.

The primary concern I'm hearing is "The Karma rework is going to kill her currently overpowering Solo AP Mid game and make her an almost-exclusively support character."
Orianna is still support-ish.
And really? I have heard that rather rarely. And what do you mean with overpowering?

MrTharne

03-08-2013

Quote:

Page 22, Scarizard said :
"Karma was re-imagined in our eyes as a support-mage. Think Lux, Morgana, Orianna - the kinds of characters that scale just as well with ability power as they do cooldown reduction and provide a lot to the team in the way of supporting their efforts. As a support-mage, she won't necessarily have the exact same specialized strengths as say Nami or Thresh (who were primarily designed as duo-lane support champions), but brings a mixed bag of damage and utility that we hope will leave you able to affect the outcome of teamfights and skirmishes alike no matter what lane you want to take her."