So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Circuit Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Well, part of her appeal was exactly that, though: that she was so different from her subordinates and basically any other champion in the league. Definitely more political, restrained and maybe calculating in her way of thinking, and not "in your face", but still someone who deeply cares for her people. And since it was such a unique type of character they could've emphasized those traits in her rework, instead of replacing them with the standard "in your face" thing just because it's easier.

I understand what you're saying about authority. She definitely lacked sort of a presence in the battlefield, and maybe even in the lore, but they could've made her more imposing and intimidating by bringing out her cold, classy composure and her aura of superiority. Someone the enemies would be afraid of because she fights with her dignity, not with her sorrow, not with her emotions. Someone whose dignity would make every defeat a victory. "Victory is assured", after all. It's also what her name means, I think. She's calm and serene because what goes around comes around.

What they did is basically the opposite, and maybe it's silly, but it almost hurts to talk about what she was and what she could have been, because after this rework I doubt we'll ever see this type of champion again. A type of figure that is hardly ever represented in gaming.

In the end though, if this type of character design really is impossible (and I don't think it is) I would've rather seen her step down from her leading position, if it meant preserving at least part of her original design and personality.

You know, to be honest, that would have been a nice character. I could agree that would have been a nice direction. But just throwing this out there, but perhaps they changed karma to shift that character type to another character? Not saying it is, but more of a hopeful statement.

You are right, though, they could have just perfected her personality a bit to make her standout more and been a more fitting character, but I will still say I think her body type now is more fitting of Ionia.

I won't say they went the wrong direction till I see the rework in game, but your point has a very good hold and I can agree with. Maybe the Ice Dervish will be more like that? Not that it really fits Freijord that well either.

I don't know if I would say what Riot did was "wrong" but they do have to consider what the community will like and play to that, niche chars are generally bad for business. Not saying they shouldn't, but I can see why they would be cautious of them.

Let's hope that they found a solid balance of her personality that will play to her calm, calculating manner ingame? Perhaps that taunt will be replaced, who knows?

(hint hint, Riot, I think a lot of us would just like to see her fans in her emotes, would make a lot of players happy.)

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEpistle View Post
You know, to be honest, that would have been a nice character. I could agree that would have been a nice direction. But just throwing this out there, but perhaps they changed karma to shift that character type to another character? Not saying it is, but more of a hopeful statement.

You are right, though, they could have just perfected her personality a bit to make her standout more and been a more fitting character, but I will still say I think her body type now is more fitting of Ionia.

I won't say they went the wrong direction till I see the rework in game, but your point has a very good hold and I can agree with. Maybe the Ice Dervish will be more like that? Not that it really fits Freijord that well either.

I don't know if I would say what Riot did was "wrong" but they do have to consider what the community will like and play to that, niche chars are generally bad for business. Not saying they shouldn't, but I can see why they would be cautious of them.

Let's hope that they found a solid balance of her personality that will play to her calm, calculating manner ingame? Perhaps that taunt will be replaced, who knows?

(hint hint, Riot, I think a lot of us would just like to see her fans in her emotes, would make a lot of players happy.)
I'm glad we can agree that at least conceptually, the original Karma had some potential
It's not the complete mess of a character everyone makes her out to be, in my opinion.

It would be very nice if they had at least a new champion with bits and pieces of that old concept and you're right that the Ice Dervish would definitely be a good candidate.

Anyway, as you said, if they at least added some sort of reference to her fans, for her fans... I'm sure she could see a victory in that, so I could too!

Circuit Bear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
I'm glad we can agree that at least conceptually, the original Karma had some potential
It's not the complete mess of a character everyone makes her out to be, in my opinion.

It would be very nice if they had at least a new champion with bits and pieces of that old concept and you're right that the Ice Dervish would definitely be a good candidate.

Anyway, as you said, if they at least added some sort of reference to her fans, for her fans... I'm sure she could see a victory in that, so I could too!
It's rare I meet someone who is awesome to talk to on these forums, we should run a game some time xD.

Hope you get what you are looking for in a char though

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEpistle View Post
It's rare I meet someone who is awesome to talk to on these forums, we should run a game some time xD.
Absolutely!

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Great now that its all settled and civil and nice, close the thread so it can fade away like a bad nightmare. Till more information comes out abt her

Bes7iA

03-08-2013

almost 200 pages of people talking about karma

i dont feel so alone anymore

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes7iA View Post
almost 200 pages of people talking about karma

i dont feel so alone anymore
/slap.

Well there goes the hope of not seeing it back on the first page
But yea its pretty awesome so many opinions abt a champion ppl thought dead and unused

Afrocalypse

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Great now that its all settled and civil and nice, close the thread so it can fade away like a bad nightmare. Till more information comes out abt her
Let's make, like, one or two more pages demanding more fan-implementation at least in the tradtitional skin, and we are good to go :P

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrocalypse View Post
Let's make, like, one or two more pages demanding more fan-implementation at least in the tradtitional skin, and we are good to go :P
Im all up for that, trying to get them to change her more towards how she is now. And not making it a new champion. But the lack of red reply's to me says deal with it. Unless they are in a panic trying to figure out what the hell to make of the gigantic mess they stepped in.

But meh i doubt that lol.

MOAR FANS DARN IT!

Schoild

Recruiter

03-08-2013

we want the fans on all her skins.. i own sakura just because i love the RED and GREEN fan on her.. :/ now i'll have a green priestess instead which is not what i paid for