So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
you getting her classic as a skin stop QQing already
Too bad that other than the color scheme and hairdo there's nothing in the traditional skin that you could actually consider a "trademark" of what we loved about Karma. No impractical dress, no fans, no classy posture, nothing. And we also have to accept the fact that the REAL new default Karma is a completely different character with a completely different personality and a completely different theme.

It's normal to be upset about it, and your hostility towards our opinion is just coming off as childish. I'm not in complete denial or anything: most of us agree that Karma needed tweaks and changes in her visuals and her gameplay, but the changes we got were way too drastic and disrespectful of her roots.

It's depressing to see that Riot prioritizes popularity over originality to the point that if a character isn't very popular they feel like they can completely change it without even asking the few people who liked it what they think. Maybe it's normal for other games/companies, but as I said in a previous post Riot is a company that seems to take lots of pride in listening to their players, and this whole situation just doesn't reflect that at all.

If they want to make that dev diary an awesome read for players and even non-players, they should probably add a couple of final chapters about how they realized many fans of Karma weren't completely pleased with the rework preview and they had to add a few more tweaks to fix that... That would be more fitting of the Riot I know, at least.

MrTatTheCat

03-08-2013

Good job guys Can't wait to see sakura karma (hopefully with fans )

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
Yeah because in fantasy based game, all mages have plate armor.
Didnt mention plate once... But you can add some good patting and some leather and what not.

B4D W0LF

03-08-2013

Quote:
Yeah because in fantasy based game, all mages have plate armor.
let alone in a fantasy game all women even have practical clothes on

MrTharne

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Healurownbum View Post
Didnt mention plate once... But you can add some good patting and some leather and what not.
And why? So again it's a "to much skin showing" matter? This is nonsense.
Her clothes look elegant and practical.

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Quote:
By all means go throu Everything i said in this thread abt that subject. U will see i never ever said that. All i said is she looks like a kickboxer now.

More so Lee Sins sister then Karma. So by all means try and throw what i say on that ur compleetly wrong lmao.

CorDeLumine

03-08-2013

so, I've only just started playing Karma, and I love her. Is she still gonna retain her awesomeness or is this rework going to completely derail her current kit?
I know you're keeping Mantra, but there's something about being able to bait someone into attack you and then you being like Trololololololol mantra shield. Are we still gonna be able to do that?

HarryOrunitia

03-08-2013

Quote:
Probably because a mage in fighter clothes with fighter posture and a fighter physique isn't any more believable than a classy lady who fights with fans or whatever it is that Riot thought made her design "unclear" and "hard to read".

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Btw before you try and say she doesnt in the link below i mean the left side of the picture. That pose screams COME AT ME IM GOING TO KICK YOUR TEETH IN! She doesnt look like Karma but Lee Sins sister.

And i alrdy know u disagree lol. But meh ur call.

http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....k/Karma_SS.jpg

MrTharne

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
a mage in fighter clothes with fighter posture and a fighter physique
Fighter Clothes : Ok we don't have the same definition for "Fighter Clothes" here, like not a all. Her new clothes have a more practical feeling, but i don't see the "Fighter".

Fighter Posture : It's a one frame from We-don't-know-what animation, that could be the begining of her dance, and she's gonna switch side then spin then i don't know because we don't have the information. And her idle animation is just normal there is no fighter feeling, else she would be full of opening.

Fighter physique : Yeah, it's clear now that our definition of Fighter ain't the same.