So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thoragh

03-07-2013

I know that some of my buds who have left the game were leaving for reasons such as some of their favorites were considered too weak to be competitive. I'm glad to see that Riot is at least addressing some of this. To be honest I'd like to see a good Trundle skin too though :P

KiyoSpirit

03-07-2013

Is there any news on when she'll be released to PBE?

Severian NA

03-07-2013

Soon TM, we probably won't hear about it before it happens.

SoresuMakashi

03-07-2013

Most interesting...

A comment in this thread seems to have been deleted. I wonder what it was. I can tell because all posts have been shifted up.

Burungeru

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Trying to come at this as fair as possible, because although I haven't touched Karma in forever, she has always been one of my favorite champions.

Her character is one of the strongest in the League of Legends. I feel like her old model did not reflect that whatsoever, and I'm extremely glad it was redone to match that. However, I feel like the stance being pushed on her is far from what the character has stood for and exemplifies. If you go through her Background Info and her Judgement, the best way to sum her up is her response to opening up her mind.

Quote:
“There is nothing on my mind that I wouldn’t happily share with you. How does it feel, knowing what we suffered, what you chose to ignore?”
Despite just previously being in a state that she was convinced she would die, being unable to think properly because of pain, she is able to respond with a line that sums up what is happening throughout all of Valoren and display her character. She's there to push people forward, she's not there to push people down. It's almost as if she's being given a character that pushes too hard in the negative way.

Quote:
"The ongoing struggle has taken its toll on Karma's calm, composed demeanor. We wanted to evolve Karma's personality to suit her place in a nation filled with internal strife and awakened ferocity."
This is a problem. It just doesn't really fit with the whole concept of Karma, at least in my opinion. Perhaps it's just poor word choice, but ferocity seems like a very far word from what is the champion Karma. Her power was based on "inner resilience" so it doesn't seem fitting that someone should evolve too much without having massive changes in power (if someone's power was based on anger, would it make sense to stay the same if they became a happy individual?). I mean, I guess you could say this release is just that, but it does not feel right whatsoever.

The removal of the fans is a huge thing as well. How can one work on redesigning Karma and remove the fans? So much emphasis is placed on the fans, and the fact that fans were chosen shows off her character perfectly. Both a weapon and something to help people with. Sure, I can understand removing the floating fans and fans from her attacks, but to remove the fans completely? That's akin to removing Nautilus' anchor or Draven's axes. It's literally a defining element of the character. I haven't seen the ingame model, but from the comments I assume that she's not using the fans as a weapon like how Soraka wields her staff. If the fans are still being held, this could be very much disregarded, as simply having the fans is all that I feel is necessary to the character, not so much the floating fans or fans in the animation.

Anyhow, to end this on a good note, her original skin rework (black/white version) looks extremely good, and I'm very glad it was redone into something so much better and retained as an option for Karma players. Also, the fact that she was kept as a support/mage instead of being worked into a support or mage made me extremely happy. I love supporting, but I wouldn't be able to do it with the new Karma if she got pigeon-holed into a support role (Lux/Orianna are my go to support types).

Iridos

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burungeru View Post
This is a problem. It just doesn't really fit with the whole concept of Karma, at least in my opinion. Perhaps it's just poor word choice, but ferocity seems like a very far word from what is the champion Karma. Her power was based on "inner resilience" so it doesn't seem fitting that someone should evolve too much without having massive changes in power (if someone's power was based on anger, would it make sense to stay the same if they became a happy individual?). I mean, I guess you could say this release is just that, but it does not feel right whatsoever.
This. I'm not even sure where this new perception of Ionia is coming from, but Karma suddenly represents something that doesn't exist, and the right angle turn away from her previous characterization is a problem.

Shingo

03-07-2013

Disappointed at the lack of reds

Healurownbum

03-08-2013

Alright so i never uploaded pictures on this site before so here goes...

The ingame pictures are of her i assume taunting. The new one screams to me come at me ill kick your ass! The old picture has a certain grace to it playful elegant. To me she clearly goes from a leader to a fighter between them.

And the splashs are just there for ppl who wanna see em. And i beg of you if Anyone can do it better by all means do lol paint ftw..... O.o

*edit: Forgot to mention i went for the chinese art cause it has her awesome black and white dress which makes her so awesome to me.

Chokomaro

03-08-2013

I wonder how Sakura Karma and Sun Goddess Karma looks like now...

You better have given Karma a real kimono not some cocktail party dress.

Also for the Sun Goddess skin I'm expecting Riot to have really made her a goddess not a Brazilian carnival hostess.

BarbieRitz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2013

May I ask one thing? Since the Fans are being taken away from Karma because they didn't fit her new Image.. Could we possibly see this type of weapon on a future champion?