So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moira

03-07-2013

The "Traditional Karma" skin isn't a gift for sticking with Karma (which is just a silly idea to me), it's a gift for those that PREFER Karma's traditional look. This has been mentioned many times.

Severian NA

03-07-2013

Honestly, they could make Karma permanently free to play, and unlock all her skins for everybody, if I got to keep her classic appearance.
As I've said before, I appreciate the gesture of the current classic skin. The problem is that her fans, and her dress tie into her animations, her joke — her character. With the original voice-over, it won't make sense either. It seems Riot didn't realise this, and that is alright. I still appreciate the thoughtfulness. Sadly, as it is now this is a homage, while I hoped it would mean that I got to keep her. I still hope Riot will realise this, without taking offense (as none is intended) and dedicate the effort required to pull it off. If they did that it would pretty much solve this whole mess.
I think that is what they thought they were doing, and I suspect they might have been put off and maybe even a little hurt at the reaction. I'm sorry if that is the case. I hope they are being silent because they are planning to deal with those who lost their character at a later date, that might make sense. I hope that they are not simply ignoring this, because they don't understand our side of this, and dismisses it as being confrontational and difficult. I get the feeling Riot is offended, and have turned their backs on the entire issue. Many (Edit: players) have expressed their opinions in a way that only serves to hinder dialogue. (Edit: To those) Please try to be respectful of all sides, and please be understanding if we are a bit too emotional.

*sigh* I didn't expect them to move heaven and earth for us, I just wanted them to be on our side. Trying to understand, accepting how we feel, and talking to us about what can and can't be done about it. Maybe it is absolutely out of the question that we get a true classic skin, or maybe it might happen in the future. I want a resolution, and closure, not yelling and guilt-shifting. I am trying to have faith in Riot, but they are not making it easy. On one side letting us know they cared enough to make a skin especially for the current Karma players on one side, on the other side, there are two sentences about how they were completely off about how we saw her, and a lot of "but this really is cooler, and badass, and stuff!" :P It is their character, and their decision. I would appreciate talking about it though. I keep wondering, did Morello refrain from acknowledging my reply even though it was a direct reply to his question, and right below the next post he made, because I did something wrong, or did he just miss it? How can I adjust my perspective and feedback if nobody talks to me. Am I the bad guy, suddenly, whining and raging and being unreasonable? Why won't they respond to anything but the easy questions? Just a "we know guys, and we will see what we can do about it and get back to you" or something. Anything >.<

Your Shadow

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira View Post
The "Traditional Karma" skin isn't a gift for sticking with Karma (which is just a silly idea to me), it's a gift for those that PREFER Karma's traditional look. This has been mentioned many times.
But if that's the case, why make it free at all? Why not just make it a regular Legacy skin for sale on the shop for a limited time?

On the other hand, why even bother putting it on the shop if everyone's going to get it for free?

It just feels kind of inconsistent on Riot's part...

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Persona View Post
It's not that I don't want new Karma players to use Traditional Karma. What bothers me is that it's going to be available on the store, yet no one will buy it since they can get it for free just by unlocking Karma before the rework. It's not the skin itself, but the fact that everyone's getting it for free just because they own Karma, even though they only got her for the skin.

It's not a gift to veteran Karma players, it's a cheap advert to get more people to play Karma! That's what upsets me. If the rework gets new people to start playing Karma, then great, she's an awesome character. But I really feel that if new Karma players want the Traditional Karma skin, they should buy it with RP like any other skin, instead of just being able to hop on the rework bandwagon to get it for free.

Totally understandable. I probably sound like a huge ass through all these posts.

Let me ask you this. And be honest. Everybody always says how greedy Riot can be. In this case Riot is giving the playerbase a headsup on something cool that will in the end cost them some money. They could have by all rights just let it go through, and made everybody who wanted the skin buy her AND her skin after the remake.

This seems like a show of good faith on Riots part. They just saved whoever decides to take advantage of this ~$10. You already said you don't care if people buy it after and don't think it should be exclusive.

Or you could just think of it like pre-ordering the remake. I think it's pretty cool of them to look out for us for once.

Somnicidal

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Persona View Post
But if that's the case, why make it free at all? Why not just make it a regular Legacy skin for sale on the shop for a limited time?

On the other hand, why even bother putting it on the shop if everyone's going to get it for free?

It just feels kind of inconsistent on Riot's part...
Answer: Very few players actually visit forums or watch the PBE patches. Meaning the vast majority of the playerbase will not know until Karma is relaunched. They are keeping the skin in the shop so that those players who like the new Karma and buy her may pick up the traditional skin if they prefer it. Those players who already have the old Karma get it as a token of goodwill.

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian NA View Post
Honestly, they could make Karma permanently free to play, and unlock all her skins for everybody, if I got to keep her classic appearance.
As I've said before, I appreciate the gesture of the current classic skin. The problem is that her fans, and her dress tie into her animations, her joke her character. With the original voice-over, it won't make sense either. It seems Riot didn't realise this, and that is alright. I still appreciate the thoughtfulness. Sadly, as it is now this is a homage, while I hoped it would mean that I got to keep her. I still hope Riot will realise this, without taking offense (as none is intended) and dedicate the effort required to pull it off. If they did that it would pretty much solve this whole mess.
I think that is what they thought they were doing, and I suspect they might have been put off and maybe even a little hurt at the reaction. I'm sorry if that is the case. I hope they are being silent because they are planning to deal with those who lost their character at a later date, that might make sense. I hope that they are not simply ignoring this, because they don't understand our side of this, and dismisses it as being confrontational and difficult. I get the feeling Riot is offended, and have turned their backs on the entire issue. Many have expressed their opinions in a way that only serves to hinder dialogue. Please try to be respectful of all sides, and please be understanding if we are a bit too emotional.

*sigh* I didn't expect them to move heaven and earth for us, I just wanted them to be on our side. Trying to understand, accepting how we feel, and talking to us about what can and can't be done about it. Maybe it is absolutely out of the question that we get a true classic skin, or maybe it might happen in the future. I want a resolution, and closure, not yelling and guilt-shifting. I am trying to have faith in Riot, but they are not making it easy. On one side letting us know they cared enough to make a skin especially for the current Karma players on one side, on the other side, there are two sentences about how they were completely off about how we saw her, and a lot of "but this really is cooler, and badass, and stuff!" :P It is their character, and their decision. I would appreciate talking about it though. I keep wondering, did Morello refrain from acknowledging my reply even though it was right below his question, because I did something wrong, or did he just miss it? How can I adjust my perspective and feedback if nobody talks to me. Am I the bad guy, suddenly, whining and raging and being unreasonable? Why won't they respond to anything but the easy questions? Just a "we know guys, and we will see what we can do about it and get back to you" or something. Anything >.<
The possibilities are two:

1- They don't care about anyone who was upset at this rework, as if our trust is just a small price to pay for the new players the new Karma will appeal to. Morello's sarcastic comments definitely seem to be hinting that this is how they (or at least he) really feel(s).

2- As you said it might be that they're keeping quiet while reading and analysing our response, and maybe they're trying to come up with something to make up for it. Even if it's just adding two folded fans in her traditional skin, or maybe adding a line about them in the new VO, anything like that would be a very small step, but still a step in the right direction. Wouldn't give us our Karma back (unless they do something more drastic like making the traditional skin her default, but it's never going to happen) but I'd still appreciate it.

The Magic Stick

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
She still has Mantra.

THE WILD SCARIZARD FLED!
3 moves STILL??? Riot... Aint NOBODY got time fo DAT! We have all been waiting for SOME type of ultimate from her. Come on dude. That's really what all the fuss is about. She only has 3 moves. Unless Mantra makes it an entirely different ability... My god Riot, AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT.

Yoruichi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Magic Stick View Post
3 moves STILL??? Riot... Aint NOBODY got time fo DAT! We have all been waiting for SOME type of ultimate from her. Come on dude. That's really what all the fuss is about. She only has 3 moves. Unless Mantra makes it an entirely different ability... My god Riot, AINT NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT.
I was scared as hell about this rework because of mantra. That was my favorite part about playing Karma, decision making and how gamechanging she can be when she makes the right calls. Not every shield needs to be bombed, etc. I'm very happy she is keeping her Mantra.

Mantra was never the problem, it was that her base skills were very weak compared to others and her mantra made them equal in power. If they are equal in power, and now her ultimate makes them that much better then the system is fine.

Never take my mantra riot! NEVAR!

The Magic Stick

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian NA View Post
As I've said before, I appreciate the gesture of the current classic skin. The problem is that her fans, and her dress tie into her animations, her joke her character. With the original voice-over, it won't make sense either. It seems Riot didn't realise this, and that is alright. I still appreciate the thoughtfulness. Sadly, as it is now this is a homage, while I hoped it would mean that I got to keep her. I still hope Riot will realise this, without taking offense (as none is intended) and dedicate the effort required to pull it off. If they did that it would pretty much solve this whole mess.
I think that is what they thought they were doing, and I suspect they might have been put off and maybe even a little hurt at the reaction. I'm sorry if that is the case. I hope they are being silent because they are planning to deal with those who lost their character at a later date, that might make sense. I hope that they are not simply ignoring this, because they don't understand our side of this, and dismisses it as being confrontational and difficult. I get the feeling Riot is offended, and have turned their backs on the entire issue. Many have expressed their opinions in a way that only serves to hinder dialogue. Please try to be respectful of all sides, and please be understanding if we are a bit too emotional.

*sigh* I didn't expect them to move heaven and earth for us, I just wanted them to be on our side. Trying to understand, accepting how we feel, and talking to us about what can and can't be done about it. Maybe it is absolutely out of the question that we get a true classic skin, or maybe it might happen in the future. I want a resolution, and closure, not yelling and guilt-shifting. I am trying to have faith in Riot, but they are not making it easy. On one side letting us know they cared enough to make a skin especially for the current Karma players on one side, on the other side, there are two sentences about how they were completely off about how we saw her, and a lot of "but this really is cooler, and badass, and stuff!" :P It is their character, and their decision. I would appreciate talking about it though. I keep wondering, did Morello refrain from acknowledging my reply even though it was a direct reply to his question, and right below the next post he made, because I did something wrong, or did he just miss it? How can I adjust my perspective and feedback if nobody talks to me. Am I the bad guy, suddenly, whining and raging and being unreasonable? Why won't they respond to anything but the easy questions? Just a "we know guys, and we will see what we can do about it and get back to you" or something. Anything >.<
You aren't even a Junior or Senior member of this game, yet you find the nerve to insult Riot and it's imployees indirectly. You have no right to judge Karma, because you haven't been there since her release like I and many others have.

Severian NA

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
The possibilities are two:

1- They don't care about anyone who was upset at this rework, as if our trust is just a small price to pay for the new players the new Karma will appeal to. Morello's sarcastic comments definitely seem to be hinting that this is how they (or at least he) really feel(s).

2- As you said it might be that they're keeping quiet while reading and analysing our response, and maybe they're trying to come up with something to make up for it. Even if it's just adding two folded fans in her traditional skin, or maybe adding a line about them in the new VO, anything like that would be a very small step, but still a step in the right direction. Wouldn't give us our Karma back (unless they do something more drastic like making the traditional skin her default, but it's never going to happen) but I'd still appreciate it.
If Morello makes a caring gesture with one hand, and then shifts to borderline sarcasm when we're not happy, he needs a vacation :P Riot gets so much non-constructive criticism. Morello is usually the first one into the line of fire. I get that he might be losing his composure more easily. I tried really hard to not be one of the flamers, and to show that I didn't hold anything against them. I respect Riot. If Morello did crack a little, he knows. No point in bringing it up. I'm sad and trying to remain calm, I get that the developers also have emotions invested in this, and that they are human. And on the internet, you need to be very careful reading into things like that. Assuming the worst is intention behind someones behaviour or interpreting what they say in the worst possible way is like a disease on the internet. It accomplishes nothing but animousity.

However, I need to let them know how I feel about this, because it is important to me, and I need to understand what is going on. I hope I did that in a reasonable manner though I fervently hope they are not wrinkling their nose at us, but biding their time XD