So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Daron Acheron

03-07-2013

I like this...not a major fan but the remake looks wonderful. In one of the posts you mentioned her will power...makes me think of the green lanterns lol.

I truly hope though that this same thing is done for those champions that need a nice graphic overhaul. Not necessarily the legacy skin but at least a visual update that matches the newer released champs and updates to their skins as well...(Sivir, Taric, Trundle, Sion). Keep up the work.

weśker

03-07-2013

Awesome job guys!

im playing drunk

03-07-2013

i don't quite like her new look, but I am glad for an update on her look period. I'm just worried that her Sakura Skin will be removed /: I hope that gets reworked too.

DoubleGunzObama

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno verno View Post
i don't quite like her new look, but I am glad for an update on her look period. I'm just worried that her Sakura Skin will be removed /: I hope that gets reworked too.
Rioters posted WAYYYYYYYY earlier that they're not removing any of the current skins and that all skins will be updated

Sturtzy

03-07-2013

So basically, everyone who doesn't have Karma now, since they know about the free soon-to-be-legacy skin is going to grind IP until they can get her and the free skin? The only reason that is flawed is because the old fans are the people that have had her before right now, and the "old fans," the people that just bought her when they heard free skin, are also getting it?
Tags; Morello, Grumpymonkey, Riot, IronStylus

Sunshine Savior

03-07-2013

Please only release the free skin for people who actually owned karma before this announcement, not everyone who went and bought her just cause of the rework for the free skin.

Aeolian Melodies

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zphyrr View Post
So basically, everyone who doesn't have Karma now, since they know about the free soon-to-be-legacy skin is going to grind IP until they can get her and the free skin? The only reason that is flawed is because the old fans are the people that have had her before right now, and the "old fans," the people that just bought her when they heard free skin, are also getting it?
Tags; Morello, Grumpymonkey, Riot, IronStylus
People who didn't even own Janna got her + Victorious skin for reaching gold or better in S2. As a veteran Janna, I didn't care, just like I don't care about people who are going to buy Karma just for the legacy skin.

jibbsy

03-07-2013

I can see where you guys are going by taking out the fans, but is it possible to put them back in on her vintage skin?

Dryad Soraka

03-07-2013

SHES SO ****ING PRETTy

Your Shadow

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenluvartz View Post
People who didn't even own Janna got her + Victorious skin for reaching gold or better in S2. As a veteran Janna, I didn't care, just like I don't care about people who are going to buy Karma just for the legacy skin.
Different situation.

Victorious Janna was stated to specifically be a reward for Season 2. It had no relation to Janna as a character. Similar to how Rammus, Ryze and Jarvan got reward skins for participating or achieving in previous seasons.

This is about allowing Karma players to use their preferred look, since the overhaul is so drastic, by giving them a free gift, as a thank you for sticking with Karma. But by announcing that it's going to be given to everyone who owns Karma before the rework hits, Riot is completely negating the sentiment.

It's like surprising someone with a reward for something they did for you a while ago although they didn't know there would be a reward, then offering the same reward to any old schmuck that does the same thing now, even if they're only doing it for the reward. It cheapens whatever the reward is and devalues the recipient.