So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ipitydafool

03-07-2013

I'm going to miss the pimp walk. It was rivaled only by Heimer. Please keep the pimp walk Riot.

GasPoweredSt1ck

03-07-2013

It is obvious that most people here feel strongly about the intense remake of her design, but I completely love it. There are a couple reasons for my preference to this as well.

1. Theme - The theme of Karma is of balance (Ying and Yang was her specific theme). This is something she shares with all Ionian's, so when she was first made, they tried to use black and white and gracefulness in her abilities. This worked, but it also alienated her from the rest of the Ionian champions. I like her new design mainly because it is similar to Irelia's. This similarity may seem bad, but it actually provides the ability to contrast the two champs. Karma is a graceful caster champ while Irelia is a fierce warrior champion. They are both highly respected women in the Ionian society, but they are very different and that is why I like them as characters.

2. Outdated - Karma's design was outdated. While I really did love the little waddle walk that Karma had, it didn't really fit the kind of impact she in the war. She was a diplomat, a person of strong, unwavering composure. She can stand up to an army with just her being. Her model did not really resemble this. Her design looked of one that was a "fancy lady" which Karma was not. She didn't have riches in her youth and never was subjected to pampering. This is similar to how people think of Buddha as a fat man. Truth is, the original Buddha is depicted as being skinny and meditating. Buddhism revolves around alienating yourself from things good and bad to find balance within yourself. The previous design did not show this.

3. Opportunity - Karma's fan are gone now, but this just gives Riot an opportunity to make an even better champion revolving around fans. Imagine a dancer champion with a couple fan. Or a mobile tank/fighter that uses an oversized fan to traverse large distances, displace enemies, defend him/herself and fight. (Imagine a champion using a Flabellum as a weapon. Wouldn't that be cool?) Riot could even design another Wuju champion that uses Tessenjutsu, the fighting style of the Japanese War Fan. Honestly, if they would have kept the fans on the new design, it would have felt tacked on and weaker.

I Care So Much

03-07-2013

The style and color scheme of her new default kind of reminds me of the canceled battle priest Soraka.

Possible connection(maybe thats why BP Raka really got canned)?

General Stormfox

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasnak View Post
I just want to reiterate that this VU is beautiful, and I appreciate all the work Riot is devoting to Karma, as she is a champ who needs it...no one denies that. I just feel after looking through all of this, as a current Karma player, I can't help but be a little depressed at the direction currently being taken.
This sums it up very nicely. Nothing I have seen of reworked Karma is even close to the champion that has been my favourite for about two and a half years now. Her new visuals are not her, she is getting a new voice (and I doubt it will be the same voice actress) and everything ever leaked about her skillset reworks screms "not Karma" so far.

The new Karma looks to be a totally different champion that shares some similarities with Karma. I would LOVE to be positively surprised, because your previous reworks were following the original champion pretty closely, but this time it is so far off I am totally disheartened.

Combat Engineer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

When does the patch happen?

WHAT THAT ALL

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Hey anyone of Riot Guys i have a question, I bought Karma on 2012 (June i think) and i really love karma but will I get the traditional skin? or i won't?

Perrrrrrrrrrrrry

03-07-2013

my friends posted on fb this with the link to this article-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartinky
I heard a rumor that Riot personally called Andrew to ask his opinions of karma. They needed his help because he was 1 of only 3 people who have continuously played her.
Thank you so much for this beautiful rework guys!!!

My love affair with Karma began with the release notes in winter of '10. Her clutch-save support mage playstyle captured me immediately and i've played her continuously since her release on my birthday. Oh riot, you shouldn't have.

Karma is my favorite champ by a large margin (sorry viktor, i love you too) I even took her ranked in S2 (ended in a 60% winrate).

I AM TOO STOKED ABOUT THIS.

I love how you guys embraced the Orianna/Morgana/Lux role, definitely the playstyle for her kit and character background.

The new model is gorgeous and the character development is inspiring. Spot on! +1 so much. <3 <3 <3

ValorAndGlory

03-07-2013

I will have to wait and see the kit before I get exicted because it sounds to much like a total rework in a bad way so yeah, we all know how "well" Riot has been with nerfs recently and not to mention turning BotRK in to a crappier version of Madred's in addition any other number of things that they have ****ed on.

Dryad Soraka

03-07-2013

i'm in a game and there are 2 karmas

wat

InusAngel

03-07-2013

Awww man, now im too excited to wait for her release T.T
Amazing job i seriously cant wait for the rest of her