So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frostburner

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterfiends View Post
Traditional Karma looks like an Irelia skin
SHHHHHHH don't say that or morello will re-nerf Karma into oblivion again! SHHHH!!!!

Lightning VII

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherubas View Post
I personally love everything about this. Reworking her kit? I'm excited. New look? Cool, it's like getting a new skin. Oh wait, Cherubas, you do, would you like a classic skin for free? Yes.

And this new, harder attitude that everyone has gripes with. I think it's an AMAZING idea.

Let's say it were a movie. Karma's this great leader that people look to for wisdom and she's patient and gentle and calm and stuff and that works for a time, but then everything descends into chaos. She tries to maintain the calm gentle attitude but all the while the nation's being torn apart, people are shouting at her that this peace thing isn't working, everyone's losing faith in her while Ionian lives are lost. Which way do you think the plot would go at this point?

If she stays peaceful and tries to prove the gentle way DOES work then you're looking at some kind of war drama which may or may not have a happy ending. Fitting for when they add diplomacy mode to the fields of justice and Tear of the Chick Flick Fan Girl gives you a +45 to your "talk about my feelings" points.

But this is THE LEAGUE. We've got Darius and Garen and Teemo, manly men who settle problems with VIOLENCE. AND DAMN IT I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!

So Karma realizes that we need a firmer hand. She learns kung fu. Okay, she doesn't learn kung fu, but she stops sitting around apologizing for her ladyfarts and BRINGS THE PAIN!

Now which movie's getting a sequel? Karma and the Gentle Caress of Everlasting Understanding or KARMA: PENTAKILL WISDOM?

Lot's of characters who were formerly peaceful and gentle had to take level in badass, from Raiden to Conker, and I've never seen a case where watching them sip tea would have been more entertaining than watching them crush the skulls of their enemies with their jaws.

If you can't accept Karma for the lovely and slightly less tolerant woman that she's going to become then you never truly loved her at all!
Gasp, a fresh breath of wisdom.
My sanity is gleaming.

GenomeVirus

03-07-2013

Love this great news, i just wish you guys would work on Sivir ; ;
I bought Karma a while back and love to play her when i can! Keep up the great work RIOT!

Goruko

03-07-2013

There need to be a champ made out of smoke. That sounds cool=D

Lightning VII

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS17804f7429d10e View Post
Actually, it does.

The point of the skin is to keep a bit of her familiar look for the people who got attached to it. It's a big change after all.

It's not a "reward" for sticking with a "bad champion" for so long. It's so you don't get quite as alienated if you enjoyed her look previously.

Whether only you or the whole world has that skin makes no difference there.
MORE WISDOM
Well said.
This pretty much.

XSilentSinX

03-07-2013

Just a quick question to anyone on Riot. Will the old Karma skin be getting a model rework as well, or will the model be the same as on the live patch at the moment. I love the look of traditional Karma, but I like the polish of the new model better and was wondering if that is going to be applied to all her current skins.

Lightning VII

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gofr View Post
It's ok. I just unlocked her 5 minutes ago, but still will never touch her ever. I'm sure others jumping on the badwagon will do the same.
This^ ahaha
I love how you got downvoted.
People are really so uptight about nothing.

SimspawnDemondim

03-07-2013

I'm a new Karma player, and I'm not happy about this at all. Her skin is amazing the way it is, changing it to something sexier just doesn't fit her. Far more disheartening than that tho, is that you are going to change her kit. I love her kit, it's already perfect. The only reason people don't play Karma is because they don't know HOW to properly play Karma. She's already the perfect balance between being able to APC mid, or Support bot.

Also, I loved the fact that she was a very unpopular champion. She's too good to be very popular, if you just play her right. I'm going to be very sad if her kit is changed much. If anything it only needs a little tweaking to give her more escape if she gets 2 v 1'ed, but other than that she was already perfect.

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning VII View Post
MORE WISDOM
Well said.
This pretty much.
Ah, so everyone who shares your opinion is wise, everyone else is a moron in denial. So open minded!

Shadeykris

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSilentSinX View Post
Just a quick question to anyone on Riot. Will the old Karma skin be getting a model rework as well, or will the model be the same as on the live patch at the moment. I love the look of traditional Karma, but I like the polish of the new model better and was wondering if that is going to be applied to all her current skins.
I think they answered this already, but yeah, all of the old skins are getting redone. Think what happened with Nidalee, Annie, etc.