Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, about that Karma leak...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Schoild

Recruiter

03-07-2013

please riot, make this a new champion and LEAVE KARMA THE WAY IT IS :'( all she needs is a small buff on some of her abilities and thats all. please dont kill karma just to put her name to another champion :'(

Calypsx

03-07-2013

This is like if they took Caitlyn's gun away and gave her a bow instead... I'm okay with a skill rework to make her viable, but the weapons weren't necessary to take out.

I mean they didn't change how Evelynn looked, Eve is still Eve, this Karma looks like an entirely new character. Completely devoid of the character I grew to love over the past 2 years.

Zerglinator

03-07-2013

Quote:
RoflSyrup:
Of course there are going to be people who dislike it. You can't please everyone, League of Legends has a wide fan-base. But as of right now, it looks like the majority like it.

What if they just reworked her kit and touched up her model some and the majority liked it? Who freaking knows?

SplendidSorrow

03-07-2013

Quote:
Zerglinator:
She can become accessible without taking away her fans, posture, and dress. But if you want to keep complaining then go ahead.

You really remind me why I never stick around in the PlayWithRiot chatroom anymore.

I'd argue that you could keep the posture and the fans, but I'd also say the dress had to go. It was ugly as sin, and didn't make any sense. (Personally I really like the 'traditional' skin remake there as a way to update that etc).

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
LiftsLikeGaston:
Good for you, too bad you represent an INSANELY small percentage of the community. Like, 0.3%. Sorry, get over it.

When you have 110 champions and counting you can afford to have one that appeals to just 0.3% of the community. And honestly a simple visual upgrade like the Annie one, paired with a kit rework would have increased her popularity by A LOT. No need to completely replace her with a new character.

They could've had the "Traditional Karma" as the new default look, the purple dress Karma as a skin and bam, everyone's happy. Karma is still the same old Karma, except she's more appealing, more detailed, more viable and whoever didn't think she was sexy or "badass" enough could've bought the skin. Explain to me what's so horrible about this idea. If anything it just makes more sense to me, and even from a marketing standpoint it's probably better.

MrBoomstickESQ

03-07-2013

I love the new design but why did the fans have to go?

Having glowing fans when she goes all "avatar state" seems awesome.

StefkoTheBoss

03-07-2013

It's look very nice,good work !

Zerglinator

03-07-2013

Quote:
LiftsLikeGaston:
Riot clearly disagrees with you, and the only one complaining is you.

Aside from a lot of people. And how about this:
Quote:
Morello:
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

Look, Riot is actually listening to these complaints. YOU, on the other hand, are not.

Schoild

Recruiter

03-07-2013

Quote:
Circe10:
As a long time Karma player, I just wanted to say this looks amazing! She still retains the serenity and strength that Karma has always had, but shows the transition to being so much more badass.

I was looking at the old compared to the new and it made me think of one of those movies where the main character has to go into some battle and there is a montage of them putting armour on while some epic song is playing. Then they show up looking super badass and ready to fight. To me, that's old Karma to new Karma. Great job guys!

you havent touched karma if you think karma needs a "BADASS" look... this is not the champion for that .. karma was a lady and now she's a tramp

Send Me Lewds

03-07-2013

Quote:
Zerglinator:
Aside from a lot of people. And how about this:

Look, Riot is actually listening to these complaints. YOU, on the other hand, are not.

I'm listening to them, I'm also telling you that there is no point since Riot is clearly not gonna be changing it. Just enjoy that your champion is gonna be getting a rework and made useful.