So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
Oh what, you honestly believe her winrate was influenced by her design? You honestly believe her popularity wasn't influenced by her winrate?
Change is a thing you're just going to have to get used to. No amount of *****ing you do will revert anything. We get it, you're unhappy.

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

I am glad I already own Karma because I like the Battle Cleric look of that new Traditional skin.

I know you probably can't answer kit questions, but will the awkwardness of the Beam tether's damage points be addressed? (I feel the current version is counter-intuitive in that it deals no damage or any other effect to the tether's source, only those that intersect it)

phatcat09

03-07-2013

Someone will now once again repeat that her obviosuly low popularity was because she wasn't a visually appealing character, which oddly enough says mountains about the attention span of League of Legends player base.

cocacolalips

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
And by a lot of people, you mean the least popular crowd in LoL? Lowest winrate champ, lowest popular champ.

What the **** did you think they were going to do? Give her a different color scheme and add 10 fans?
People don't play her because she sucks.
Nothing to do with her look.
Hence that 1500 posts 600K views thread. The community likes Karma.

Remember Evelynn? She was tied with Karma as the least popular champions. She got her kit rework and she's now fine.

phatcat09

03-07-2013

OOH here's my favorite one coming up: Now someone will say "LOOK SHE'S MORE BADASS NOW, WHY WOULD YOU NOT WANT MORE BADASS!"

RoflSyrup

03-07-2013

People can change. I could certainly see Karma realizing herself that she is performing sub-par compared to other champions, and deciding to do something about it.

This can be conveyed through her new outfit and the removal of her fans. It would make sense if she wants to change to a different outfit in order to move around easier. She's not showing her leg to flaunt *** appeal.

As for the fans, it's like any video game that uses weapons(ex: RPG's or even LoL). You will trade in your wooden sword for a real sword. You will give up your revolver and cutlass for the Hextech Gunblade. In the same essence, Karma will give up her fans for something that can better empower her abilities and resolve. With such new strength, the ones that she guides and protects will have their faith in her restored, and see her as a powerful political leader. With the soldiers' refreshed morale, and Karma's new confidence in herself, they can all perform optimally with Karma's own guidance. In both battle, and spirit.

From looking at the splash art, I still get the feel that Karma is this graceful, serene woman who will still wear her impractical dress in the garden, meditating and holding her fans that she keeps above her bed. She's not a warrior, but she has to do what must be done, and maximize the performance of herself, and her allies. So far, I feel that Karma's personality is still unchanged.

Zerglinator

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiftsLikeGaston View Post
Her low popularity was due to her not being very appealing be it visually, power level, and playstyle. Riot is changing all of those.
Pretty sure her low popularity was due to her being underpowered.

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes7iA View Post
sir you obiously dont play karma, so there is no point on you being here in the first place.

if you are interested in the free skin, thats bad because after that you will still have a champion that you dont understand, and you will still lose with her, and you will still think karma suck.
On one hand you're saying i obviously dont play karma. On the other hand you are saying that I play her and I will lose with her.

If you're going to insult me at least be consistent about it. I'm sorry your precious underdog champion changed from from how you would like to perceive her, but she wasn't interesting at all. Just stupid.

phatcat09

03-07-2013

no YOU obviously don't play karma

NU UNH noooo YOU onbviously don'tplay karma

No YOu

noooo YOU

no YOU

YOOOU

YOOOOOOUUUUUU

repeat ad nauseum.

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolalips View Post
People don't play her because she sucks.
Nothing to do with her look.
Hence that 1500 posts 600K views thread. The community likes Karma.

Remember Evelynn? She was tied with Karma as the least popular champions. She got her kit rework and she's now fine.
The community likes the new karma. I even like the new karma and hated the old one because she looked stupid as hell. I also thought the fans were a dumb idea. The new draconic symbol is pretty badass.