So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

if it wasnt for the "vintage karma" skin

then it would be nothing left of karma (speaking just for the way she looks)

Finly Erkenwald

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryOrunitia View Post
Fans as weapons might sound ridiculous to someone who doesn't know the game, but this is a game where a champion fights with a lamppost, another with a keyboard/guzheng type of thing, and another one destroys people with a blowgun and explosive mushrooms. And I'm talking about fan favorites here.
Actually, she is a LoL player herself. She found that giving the fans to Karma when they had so little to do with her kit or personality was just another over-used female fantasy cliche, and made her model seem more like a geisha then a politician.

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes7iA View Post
if it wasnt for the "vintage karma" skin

then it would be nothing left of karma (speaking just for the way she looks)
She looked pretty lame before. Didn't look badass at all.

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaarrjj View Post
She looked pretty lame before. Didn't look badass at all.

she didnt need to

tehdef

03-07-2013

ITT:

Riot - Is happy that they are relaunching a champion that has THE LOWEST POPULARITY RATING AND WIN RATE OF ANY CHAMP to be something that more players can use.

Players - Getting mad because Riot changed a champs visual design when the amount of actual dedicated Karma players is under 5,000. Plus more scrubs jumping on the hate Riot bandwagon for a champ they never played (Sorry stats tell me that seriously very few people (especially not 144 pages worth) played this champ.

My thoughts - I don't care about you 5,000 Karma players. You weren't going to be happy with the changes anyways. However, at least now I get a champ that may not suck that I've already paid for, and I get a free skin out of it.

Final thoughts - Chill out. Jesus christ. It's a game, and sorry you're losing a champ, but hell. She'll likely be more viable. Wouldn't you rather see Karma in the LCS like Lux & other support mages? Or would you rather just see her never played...

Trick question. This is not a democracy. Thanks Riot! Appreciate the hard work dudes.

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira View Post
That was the point I was trying to make. Do you see politicians on the battlefield? No. A soldier can be a politician, sure, but a politician cannot be a soldier without training. And League of Legends is, as I said, a battlefield.
Then there isn't a place for kids like Annie, teenage girls like Lux, mute girls like Sona or crazy werewolves like Warwick. They aren't soldiers either, but they fight for different reasons, they don't fight to lead their countries to war, as opposed to other more military based characters like Darius or Garen. I don't see why politics can't be a valid reason for fighting in the League when many other champions have stuff like personal vendettas, fun, pride etc. as their motivations.

Kyurian

03-07-2013

So, is she going to still be a support or AP caster? The design sort of screams AP carry.

Skaarrjj

03-07-2013

Quote:
she didnt need to
In your eyes. It's obvious the lack of appealing visuals (sexy, basassery, or just imagery that made sense for her character period) was muddled and wasn't really fitting her. You're just arguing to be arguing.

Calypsx

03-07-2013

Quote:
she didnt need to
She actually looked badass because she was elegant. That's my take on it though, I enjoy characters with grace and charisma, and think characters like Darius and Jax are more boring than badass.

Ycore

03-07-2013

Can you confirm this? At least from the photos on page 1, it appears she is using Spirit Bond on Katarina, so some part of her kit is being retained. They also confirmed she still uses Mantra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiluniS View Post
there is no more R>E combo, she getting a total ability rework, you basically getting a whole new champion that shares the name karma