So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jetstream417

03-07-2013

This is kinda freakin awesome.

Brb spending 3150 IP.

SplendidSorrow

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bes7iA View Post
her boobs are much more notorius, she has a complety naked leg, and overall she is showing 200% more skin
Ok...I'm still waiting to see how its oversexualized...

Afrocalypse

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qonker View Post
I think it is because the fans, while only playing a minor role in her kit, were symbolic of her "enlightened" background. She used an nontraditional weapon, similar to Jax's lamp post, on a battlefield with other champions using swords, guns, etc. which enhanced and spoke to that inner strength you mention. Her resolve is what gave her power, not the fans, but they served as a reminder that she was of a different stature then other champions on the field. She did not rely on conventional weaponry, but her will alone to defeat her enemies.

I think removing the fans were a mistake. If anything they should have played up the fans. It would have allowed them to show that unlike Jax, who uses his physical prowess and skills as fighter overcome a self inclined handicap. Karma's determination and willpower are all she needs. The fans serve as a vehicle to convey that message:

"I am stronger than you, I will beat you, not because I was born a fighter. It is because I was pushed to this. The path I take is through you, for my people, those that have died and those that suffer on. I will cast you aside the way a fan pushes the air on a warm summer's night. You may not fear my fans, but you will fear me."

That's my take at least.
Rioter: Hey, I have a new idea, let's use that instead!

PimpoftheJungle

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycore View Post
1) As someone who has stuck by Karma from the start, and endured flames and catcalls for playing her, I feel that the "classic" skin should be reserved for those of us that have stood by her from the start. Will also allow for us purists to be differentiated from the newb Karmas on day one of her re-releasel
I've already spoken in this forum but I strongly agree with this, I felt that this point was too strong to just "thumbs up", I feel that Karma players who have owned karma for at least 6 months should receive the traditional skin, not just everyone who would probably buy karma 1 week before release.

DemiluniS

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ycore View Post
Karma main here-- over 500 games played with her. I've been actually looking forward to this "remake" with trepidation, mainly because I rape face with her in Twisted Treeline and Dominion. I firmly believe there is nothing wrong with her kit per se, she just doesn't fit the meta of Summoner's Rift. Her ranking in both TT and Dominion prove that she is not inherently weak. Quite the contrary, bot her her burst and shield/heal abilities are top notch.

In any case, the ONLY thing I am praying is that her R+E combo is not redone/destroyed. It is the main component of her burst/harass and was a big part of what made her so fun.

Other than that:

1) As someone who has stuck by Karma from the start, and endured flames and catcalls for playing her, I feel that the "classic" skin should be reserved for those of us that have stood by her from the start. Will also allow for us purists to be differentiated from the newb Karmas on day one of her re-release

2) I like the new visual look, but I don't like the removal of her fans. The fans were cool and along with her Sakura Karma skin was a great look.

3) Please retain her burst potential
there is no more R>E combo, she getting a total ability rework, you basically getting a whole new champion that shares the name karma

trueqt

03-07-2013

so where is the designer?

he hasnt posted on this forum yet you guys fire him?

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessHansi View Post
It's part of a paradigm shift, like Morello said. To me, it looks like something like this:

The Character evolved from heavenly matron to a wrecked-but rising nation's wise spiritual leader.
She changed her trustworthy fans for the coat of arms from her homeland.
She needed power for the changes that will come under her leadership, so she put away the tiny shy-looking fans for now, to harness her power directly from the source: herself. And come on, we all know that power directly from the source is stronger. Something is lost along the conduits.

Her clothes change also refers to that.
The change of attire, for me, represents the equivalent of someone rolling up the sleeves.
Let's put down this complicated, movement impairing dress for a while, because I may need to chase faster the horde of people I'm about to kick ass.

This **** isnt about her only anymore.
This is about leading her country to prosperity and maybe vengeance.
She can't be shy, reserved anymore. As a leader she gotta be trustworthy, clear and at least show some kind of power, so her people can rest assured, knowing she will protect them.
I dont wanna be crude, but doesnt that make her a compleetly differnt person? It wont be close to whom she is now. Its not Karma anymore then but someone compleetly differnt. Its not just a remake its a compleet do over.

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecklessHansi View Post
Brand, Elise, Evelyn, Malzahar, Morgana, Nunu, Syndra, Twisted Fate, Xerath, Zileand and Zyra.

None of these mage-like champions are holding anything to direct the flow of their magic.
Their power comes directly from themselves. No artifacts needed. So, no, not having a gadget of sorts to generate or conduct power isnt uncommon, especially on league of legends.
Brand: He's basically made of fire, always has fireballs in his hands.
Elise: Her theme is that she's a spider. That's why she's dangerous. It's very very clear from all her art, and also, she excels at many different roles, not just a traditional mage.
Evelynn: This is one of the few I agree with you about.
Malzahar: He controls the void. He has a pretty strong/clear design aesthetic as well that makes him very recognizable even without a "weapon".
Morgana: Dark, fallen angel with big-ass wings. Definitely doesn't look like she could be a fighter or anything of the sort.
Nunu: Another one I agree with you about, but I could never really understand his design and I've never found it very appealing.
Syndra: To me it seems pretty clear that her dark spheres are an expression of her power, she always has three of them floating around her and are at the base of pretty much every animation.
Twisted Fate: Again, I don't know how you can say that about this one. He always has his cards. As someone already said in this thread, he definitely wouldn't feel like the same champion if he didn't have them.
Xerath: Big golem-like thing made of metal and held together with electricity (?) would you say it looks generic? It's a very recognizable design.
Zyra: The fact that she looks like a plant and is always depicted with plants and vines around her should make it pretty obvious that she controls plants.

Now, the new Karma... Doesn't have any weapons or accessories other than the jade dragons on her back which as I already mentioned could be easily confused with something from Irelia or Cassiopeia, and they definitely don't look like the source of her power. She seems to have sort of an athletic build (reminds me of Diana) with a "fighting game" kind of outfit (reminds me of Akali), which would indicate she's some sort of hand to hand fighter, maybe? But she's also channeling some unidentified form of magic with her hands. In the end, I just think it's VERY confusing design. Not as straightforward or recognizable as basically any of the characters you mentioned.

When I first saw the leak, I thought it would be a perfect skin for her, as a homage to maybe Mortal Kombat or something of the sort. I definitely didn't expect it to be confirmed as her new default design. As a default design, it lacks a certain something, and seriously makes me wonder "where are they trying to go with this?"

Moira

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qonker View Post
Yes, because you lose the message when you lose the vehicle unfortunately.

I get what you mean, I do. From the visuals though, she has lost that "enlightenment". Karma had an air about her, she wasn't like playing any other champion. Her dress was impractical, her existence on the battlefield was different then a Sona or Morgana or Lux. You were playing a "noble fighter", a truly unique character. Her fans made her elegant. She didn't belong there, but she was there, fighting.

Now she looks like she should be there, there is no impracticality. There is no more "I must do this despite the fact I'm not a warrior", now she looks like a fighter. There is no more nobleness to her. No more window back to the days when she meditated in a garden peacefully. The new Karma has none of this. So it is more than fans, but the fans were the biggest part, they carried the most weight in her visual story.

So a warrior cannot be noble, graceful, or elegant? A fighter cannot be enlightened or meditate peacefully in a garden? While I do understand what it is that you mean when you say that the loss of the fans detract from her visual story, I just don't agree when you say that Karma has lost all of those things simply by putting down her fans.

tedweird

03-07-2013

So, Morello, or whomever really, will the battle-fans be resurrected on another character later on, or will they rest with what will soon be 'old Karma?'