Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, about that Karma leak...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taria05

03-07-2013

I would like to see a new champion who wields fans and has them more thematically appropriate to her playstyle.

Calypsx

03-07-2013

Quote:
Taria05:
I would like to see a new champion who wields fans and has them more thematically appropriate to her playstyle.

A deceptive, counter based melee fighter, like how fans are actually used in real combat. With a fan throw skill to finish off those who run.

Would be cool for sure.

Teemo Support GG

03-07-2013

Quote:
Thanks- we had players like yourself in mind when we had the idea to make a Traditional skin. We want to provide other players with access to the skin as well, however.

Make a fan skin /shakesfist.

(/totally understands the no fan argument though..but still....skins are there for a reason >.&gt

Moira

03-07-2013

Quote:
Calypsx:
No fans, no karma, not playing this game anymore. As a Karma main this is really saddening, you completley changed her character, a character we learned to love over the past 2 years. Yeah this is enough to quit the game.

Imagine if Caityln had her rifle taken from her, that wouldn't make people happy either.

I am an incredible fan of Karma, but I can't, for the life of me, understand all the dismay over the loss of her fans. I've heard it described as Yi losing his sword, Caitlyn losing her rifle, etc., but it's really not the same at all.

Karma used her fans for one (1) spell. Just one. Her other powers, and the thing that drew us (or, at the very least, me) to her was Karma herself. Soul Shield is the manifestation of her protective soul and her matronly rage at those who attack what she holds dear; Spirit Bond is Karma using her own unshakable spirit to subdue that of her enemy and bolster that of her ally; Inner Flame is the fire of her indomitable will that does not, nay, REFUSES to be snuffed out, making her stronger as she grows weaker.

All of that comes from within Karma, the champion, the Paragon of Ionia, The Enlightened One. Not from fans.

Karma is the currency earned by choices. She guided Ionia through the darkness of the Noxian invasion, but the League is not a place to hold hands and talk. It is the last resort to settle issues, after the talk has been taken from the table. That is no place for a diplomat (unless you're Poppy). No, in order to protect Ionia in the most profound and important way she can, Karma CHOSE to take to the field. To be a warrior, to be a soldier, requires strength, which she has, but it also takes sacrifice.

You say this is not Karma. I disagree. I say this IS Karma, our first true glimpse of Karma and the inner might that she wields FROM Ionia, WITH Ionia, and FOR Ionia. Not fans.

Riot, I was a little worried, but my fears have been put to a tentative rest. Just hoping her kit is redone as well as her model.

DragonEpico

03-07-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
Why did you change Karma’s look and costume?

Karma’s original look had a few shortcomings that we’d like to address for her relaunch. For starters, her aesthetic was hard to read and didn’t really convey much about her character. Her fans, dress and posture didn’t reflect her playstyle or storyline. There was a lot we could change about Karma to bring a more cohesive vision to the character.

First, we made sure that Karma’s new look showed off her status as a paragon of Ionia while appearing unique on the battlefield. Her floating fans weren’t cutting it as magical conduits, so we replaced them with a powerful manifestation of her Ionian will. Now, Karma carries the draconic symbol of Ionia with her at all times. We also decked her out in Ionian garb to emphasize her allegiance. We also crafted a new set of animations that emphasized her status as a champion of Ionia rather than a matronly diplomat.

This new approach to Karma transforms her into a BADASS conduit of inner strength that brings Ionia’s strength to every battlefield.

This is what Karma should NOT be, out of every other champ! You tried to do the same to Lux with her military skins and everyone still prefers the bewitched style one. What is the idea of making everyone Badass?

Xocolatl

Recruiter

03-07-2013

So..only skin change? I mean, that's an excellent first step, but hopefully she will get some quality of life improvements too.

Super Explosion

03-07-2013

Now in her story, a question is:

How is Karma different from Katarina?

This will potentially be an important point of contention for how you differentiate characters and nation-states.

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

Quote:
Taria05:

Lore wise Karma would of been able to do that very well. They just moved away from that.

Taria05

03-07-2013

Quote:
Xocolatl:
So..only skin change? I mean, that's an excellent first step, but hopefully she will get some quality of life improvements too.

everything is change, not just her skin.
New model, new VO, new abilities.

Letler

03-07-2013

Hi there Riot,

I have been waiting for this for so long. For too long has our powerful diplomatic mystic champion just been super duper meh. I cannot wait for this to launch and I can't wait to see the new looks for her new skins. Her relaunch skin is not my favorite and doesn't exactly read Karma to me but I'll take the classic and I can't wait to see Sakura Karma!!

You make me happy... finally!