So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VVorlcl

03-07-2013

I don't know why, it's probably just me being selfish (and hipster), but something irks me about others being able to obtain Tradition Karma. I mean, I suppose it's in your best interest to offer that skin the rest of the players, but it just feels odd to me.

Oh, and considering the removal of Karma's fans, (RIP - "Guess what's about to hit the fan"), something that would be cool is a Summoner Icon of Karma's fans, possibly for those who purchased Karma before March 1st or the like? Realistically, no one else is bothered by the removal of fans, so it would be nice for us long time Karma players to still have them around.

Or not, I really don't know. It's up to you.

HarryOrunitia

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamtigers View Post
I love the traditional skin... ironically enough, since I couldn't stand her original classic which was what led to me buy sun goddess (Aztec theme yeah!). Why couldn't that simply be her new design? Her dress now looks more like a coat or robe and she looks like she's moving with so much confidence and power while still remaining a regal appearance.

The more I look at the new default model, the more I like it (aka the more I stop being distracted by the emphasis on her thigh) if it were an alternate skin I would have bought it(my favorite colors? split dresses? exposed shoulders? mmmyes very good), but as a new default it bothers me because it just.... doesn't seem like karma. She just looks like another generic female mage. Before she was supposed to be an embodiment of balance and reason and enlightenment - hence the yin yang motif. She could have kept that dignified air while still becoming a strong fighter - as the "traditional" skin proves. The new default just looks like raw power, rather than power of the mind.

I understand you're trying to change her to reflect the strife Ionia has been through but it... doesn't look that way to me. She looks like a rich aristocrat gifted with high magical power rather than a woman who rose up out of tragedy thanks to her sheer presence and mind. You wanted to make her look more like a leader...which apparently for a female means you have to strip off half your clothing? It's not that revealing, yes, but the emphasis on her thigh is what makes it look like *** appeal was still main objective. Everything about the splash art and the screenshots you chose to share brings visual emphasis to her exposed thigh, it's hard to look away from it. She looks regal, defined, and powerful in the traditional skin. In the new default she looks like a woman going out on a date. She still looks classier than most of the ladies, but it still doesn't feel like Karma.

Also, as much as I liked the fans, it doesn't bother me at all that you're getting rid of them, even if they were a good chunk of her back story (I.E. a memento from her parents' antique shop and old life)

What is with all this splash art of "LOOKING UP FROM BELOW AT NICE THIGHS AND BREASTS, PUT THE FACE AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE" anyway? What is so wrong with having them confronting the camera directly, looking confident and bad ass, as opposed to looking like they are trying to get away? It worked for someone like Syndra, who is so power driven that she looks like she's looming over a recent victim about to make a killing blow, but it does NOT work for Karma.

Funnily enough, in the end, especially in the hindsight of how I reacted to Soraka... the biggest thing that bugs me isn't the new design itself. No, it's the fact that you're trying to pass this off as a "small advancement" or "character development". Just admit it: she's a completely different character now.
The Soraka rework bothered me because she didn't seem like Soraka to me anymore. And then I saw her lore change and was like "well, she is a completely new character now. And for the new story? The new look fits."
If that turns out to be the case here as well, then I won't be bothered so much. It's a redesign, a new start. If the new look matches the new lore, then fine. Just present it that way, please.
Other than the part about the fans, which I felt were an incredibly important part of her design, I couldn't agree more. Especially the "character development" bit.

You want to s**t all over an original design and concept? Fine. You want to make fun of her old fans and basically tell them "sorry but you're stupid for liking that design, it was bad and if you liked it you aren't part of our target demo"? Fine.

But at least have the balls to say that what you did is a COMPLETELY new thing (because unlike the Annie, Nidalee and all the other reworks, this IS a completely new thing) and not just an "evolution" of the original concept. I'd like to think the original Karma would keep her dignity and her composure forever, instead of just getting rid of her fans, putting on a sl**ty dress and getting a boob job and a face lift in reaction to "Ionia's struggles". At least respect that.

xcandra

03-07-2013

...Traditional skin doesn't have the fans, then HOW is it the traditional skin.

I am one that GOT Karma because of the fans. I found her hard to play but loved the fans. This saddens me. Also make mes sad about the sakura skin, fans+geisha....No respectable geisha would not have a fan. it would be like, not pouring the drinks or pretending the person your entertaining was funny when he made jokes.

Also, as a female player, it was nice having a female character to play that didn't look like on her non-summoning time she liked to hang out on a corner, or if she breathed wrong she would fall out of the outfit. I understand its fantasy, but come on, some of these outfits you have on the female champs are just not going to stay on in reality.

I know the joke is that girls don't play online games, but we do.

Healurownbum

03-07-2013

The fact they threw in a skin to keep the old fanbase happy says enough in my eyes. Shows they know they ruined the default stuff and way she feels now and are trying to keep us happy with a skin that is still lacking in my eyes. Ah well

CheeryPi

03-07-2013

I was always a big fan of Karma, both visually and gameplay-wise. I had her on my old account but hadn't yet gotten her on my new one(rerolled servers) because I knew the rework was coming and that she wasn't currently that strong of a pick. I'm really happy with the fact that I also get an opportunity to grab this somewhat traditional skin on my new account, though I will miss the fans! The old Karma is in my opinion the nicest champion/skin in the game, but I guess we have to make room for something new.
Very excited to see her new kit, I've always liked support mages.

Afrocalypse

03-07-2013

So, my concerned question about her lore: Will her connection with Janna be removed?

Kmiavdaen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Well played Riot. Great effort

Kilgorre

03-07-2013

Pretty,

I always enjoy an aggressive support Karma

Netteh

03-07-2013

It concerns me that alot of people now will buy karma just so they have her traditional skin
I've always liked karma, I have her sungodess skin

Also; It would be nice if you could put karmas fans in her new splash art somewhere, as an easter egg if you're going to remove them, It's a part of what makes Karma unique

Morello pls

binkyhippy

03-07-2013

SWEET BABY JESUS! I can't wait! Yes.... I main this biz-night!