So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

moltres27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

so guys is to late to buy karma...will i get the skin?

Spitzem

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
are you laughing at us Karma fans, Morello?
I had to read over this a few times to get the pun. karma's fans, and fans of karma. Karma has fans.

fans.

karma uses fans.

...hence the "heh"

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

Damn fine work, rework team. Just reiterating what I said on twitter.

pramit the great

03-07-2013

ugh..they say they want to remove the karma fans. DID YOU HEAR THAT GUYS

sry, couldn't resist

get it? fans? ahaha..i am so funny

Beezil

03-07-2013

good job on the Karma stream Larias. it was hillarious listening on you freaking out over a dead rabbit.

danwilson

03-07-2013

Aww... gonna miss old Karma. Fanning herself in an impractical dress...

Wow, 101 pages of replies, 28 Riot posts, almost nothing regarding Karma's changes? I really enjoy playing Karma mid with her old kit. I even recently got a Karma Pentakill! I'd like to know what's planned...

What I like about Karma is the combination of weird abilities that can damage enemies and support your team... I've received so many <3's for shielding an almost-dead ADC right before a Karthus ult, or speeding an ally fleeing from an enemy, or healing the entire team while waiting for the next minion wave to siege a tower... I find she's an early bruiser midlane, and unless the enemy AP mid brings a load of potions, I can usually bully almost anyone but Mordekaiser, keeping them from farming, at least until other APs get their ults...

What I don't like about Karma is the high cooldowns coupled with short ranges. You have to get in close, burst, then back off and hope they don't follow while you're effectively unable to cause any damage. It had got to the point I was building Malady and Nashors Tooth for some effective autoattacks while on cooldown.

I was hoping to hear that Spirit Bond caused damage to it's target and I'd like to see Autoattacks against a spirit bonded anchor target refresh CD on Heavenly Wave. This gives her some sustained ability use against Xin's and Yi's, still limited by mana, but not so limited by Mantra for mantra shield bursts for damage. Plus it gives a reason to get Spirit Bond early. Usually I'll focus on E and Q while laning and ignore Spirit Bond (Hard to damage with, speed/slow is fairly minimal).

I'd also like to see Spirit Bond be given an ability to move Karma to the target on a second press of W for use as an escape/closer that consumes Spirit Bond. This let's Karma close and burst a fleeing enemy, or escape effectively (can jump walls to visible jungle minions, jump to a tower, jump to a ward).

What I've heard about Karma is that they plan to add more hard CC. I think this makes her a more effective support, but I'd rather they increase her heal instead... The Spirit Bond escape would let her get behind the enemy, burst them, then Spirit Bond a minion or your ADC to damage the enemy champions, then escape... I think that's an effective support kit.

Larias

Adjudicator

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezil View Post
good job on the Karma stream Larias. it was hillarious listening on you freaking out over a dead rabbit.
I'm still freaking out

JoshuaDolce

03-07-2013

So, can i get the old skin if I buy Karma now??

The visual upgrade looks cool, but miss her old color.

And looking forward to the rework of her.

Bruisey

03-07-2013

For someone who has owned Karma since her release and has loved the entirety of the champion (good and bad) for that duration, I have to say, I'm impressed, Riot.

Her rework is already looking absolutely beautiful, and while I was skeptical at first regarding changes to my favorite AP/Support, I find now that I cannot wait for these adjustments to push through.

The addition of the free skin is, in my opinion, a wonderful example of a company going beyond what is expected of them. Especially considering how much I love Traditional.)

I honestly can't find words to describe how amazing it feels to know Karma is finally getting the attention she deserves as a champion. Knowing that people might actually stop queue-dodging at the sight of Karma is almost unfathomable.

The only problem I have now, is her inevitable FotMness, and having to fight people for her. Sad day.

P.S.
Releasenaokkthxbai<3

Edit:
Downvotes? Really? And not a word as to why. Just "No. Downvote." Just another day on the forums, it seems.

Hamtigers

03-07-2013

I love the traditional skin... ironically enough, since I couldn't stand her original classic which was what led to me buy sun goddess (Aztec theme yeah!). Why couldn't that simply be her new design? Her dress now looks more like a coat or robe and she looks like she's moving with so much confidence and power while still remaining a regal appearance.

The more I look at the new default model, the more I like it (aka the more I stop being distracted by the emphasis on her thigh) if it were an alternate skin I would have bought it(my favorite colors? split dresses? exposed shoulders? mmmyes very good), but as a new default it bothers me because it just.... doesn't seem like karma. She just looks like another generic female mage. Before she was supposed to be an embodiment of balance and reason and enlightenment - hence the yin yang motif. She could have kept that dignified air while still becoming a strong fighter - as the "traditional" skin proves. The new default just looks like raw power, rather than power of the mind.

I understand you're trying to change her to reflect the strife Ionia has been through but it... doesn't look that way to me. She looks like a rich aristocrat gifted with high magical power rather than a woman who rose up out of tragedy thanks to her sheer presence and mind. You wanted to make her look more like a leader...which apparently for a female means you have to strip off half your clothing? It's not that revealing, yes, but the emphasis on her thigh is what makes it look like *** appeal was still main objective. Everything about the splash art and the screenshots you chose to share brings visual emphasis to her exposed thigh, it's hard to look away from it. She looks regal, defined, and powerful in the traditional skin. In the new default she looks like a woman going out on a date. She still looks classier than most of the ladies, but it still doesn't feel like Karma.

Also, as much as I liked the fans, it doesn't bother me at all that you're getting rid of them, even if they were a good chunk of her back story (I.E. a memento from her parents' antique shop and old life)

What is with all this splash art of "LOOKING UP FROM BELOW AT NICE THIGHS AND BREASTS, PUT THE FACE AS FAR AWAY AS POSSIBLE" anyway? What is so wrong with having them confronting the camera directly, looking confident and bad ass, as opposed to looking like they are trying to get away? It worked for someone like Syndra, who is so power driven that she looks like she's looming over a recent victim about to make a killing blow, but it does NOT work for Karma.

Funnily enough, in the end, especially in the hindsight of how I reacted to Soraka... the biggest thing that bugs me isn't the new design itself. No, it's the fact that you're trying to pass this off as a "small advancement" or "character development". Just admit it: she's a completely different character now.
The Soraka rework bothered me because she didn't seem like Soraka to me anymore. And then I saw her lore change and was like "well, she is a completely new character now. And for the new story? The new look fits."
If that turns out to be the case here as well, then I won't be bothered so much. It's a redesign, a new start. If the new look matches the new lore, then fine. Just present it that way, please.