So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Corngina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Additionally, Karma originally only had two fans, and we wanted to increase that amount by removing the fans.
HAHA! Hilarious. Oh Morello, you and your word-play.

Will her 'traditional' model have fans still?

CowMeat

03-06-2013

I like the rework and skin offer for longtime champ owners.

Look forward to the new particles.

Don't like the new look. Liked the robe/dress.

Corngina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Also, the people qq'ing about her new look really just need to take a look at Karma from a holistic point of view. While her changes may be jarring, her old self was lacking on all fronts, especially theme. I won't say that this is a slam dunk just yet, but i'm definitely excited to get to know karma again, hopefully this time with significantly less disappointment.

EDIT: Oops. I thought that the 'traditional' skin was the 'rework' skin, and assumed the traditional would look, well, exactly like she used to. I love the traditional skin, pretty meh on the official rework one though.

Regina George

03-06-2013

It seems like Riot hated the original Karma for her to be changed this much. The one champ who had a really distinct look, theme and personality. I believe the players didn't hate her look, she was just outclassed and underpowered. I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy this new Rihanna Karma but she's just not "Karma" anymore. If they changed her look this much (and this is them trying to stay true to her theme) imagine what they will do to her skillset? I mean, like I said, her skillset might be AMAZING but my point is, it's not Karma anymore.

Fareley

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corngina View Post
Also, the people qq'ing about her new look really just need to take a look at Karma from a holistic point of view. While her changes may be jarring, her old self was lacking on all fronts, especially theme. I won't say that this is a slam dunk just yet, but i'm definitely excited to get to know karma again, hopefully this time with significantly less disappointment.
for me Karma always had the strongest theme. Balance in all things, what goes around comes around. Offense and defense, Ying and Yang. Every ability can both help and destroy (even her passive, the more damage you inflict on her the more damage she retaliates).
Now the champion called "Karma" is not about karma anymore, he is about using inner strength to get power.

So yeah, I'm sincerely disappointed by the trashing of both her theme and her great model (it fit her theme perfectly. Yes, there may have been less pixels in it than people wished for, but it made perfect sense. Now you get a generic sexy girl with cape and stuff on her shoulders which look like stuff a generic electric caster would use). Sure, it looks good, but this new champion should not be called "Karma", as it is not about karma anymore.

Regina George

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fareley View Post
for me Karma always had the strongest theme. Balance in all things, what goes around comes around. Offense and defense, Ying and Yang. Every ability can both help and destroy (even her passive, the balance between life and damage).
Now the champion called "Karma" is not about karma anymore, he is about using inner strength to get power.

So yeah, I'm sincerely disappointed by the trashing of both her theme and her great model (it fit her theme perfectly. Yes, there may have been less pixels in it than people wished for, but it made perfect sense. Now you get a generic sexy girl with cape and stuff on her shoulders which look like stuff a generic electric caster would use). Sure, it looks good, but this new champion should not be called "Karma", as it is not about karma anymore.
I seriously do not get how they make these decisions. It boggles my mind! Like whoever decided that Lux needed another military skin, or how Soraka needed another goody-goody healer skin.

KiyoSpirit

03-06-2013

Brb buying Karma. Gonna try her before she gets reworked O.o

Larias

Adjudicator

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombMonk View Post
I bought karma because larias.

Beezil

03-06-2013

smh riot just doesn't get it most of the time since the end of season 1.

SageMoad

03-06-2013

Purchasing Karm ASAP