So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Minister of Pie

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
Hipster gunna be hipster. Can't please everyone all the time.

Fareley

03-06-2013

I had two major issues with the Nidalee model remake - the transition from standing to running (and vice-versa) is way too drastic (with her upper body rotating for nearly 90 degree whenever you start/stop moving), which is just aweful to look at. Before that, Lee Sin was the only champion with a broken back. Also the cougar form cat is too short (but that is besides the point).
PLEASE tell me you did not break Karmas spine as well :/ She was always standing up straight, be it moving or standing still, representing her inner balance, and I would love to keep it the way it was (and not watch her being another rubber puppet).

Then again, you seem to have gone away from the whole inner peace and balance stuff where she got her strength from and changed her into a strength-from-inner-strength type of char that actually lacks balance. I respect that, but then I sincerely request a champion that fits the old Karma, aka a champion that is all about balance. Yin and Yang, offense and defense, black and white, always in balance. While her kit may have sucked, the old Karma had one of the best (if not the best) theme and her visuals represented that (which the new visuals unfortunately do not, even though they have the same colours as the old Karma skin, as they are representing an entirely different theme, not balance but inner power/strength). That is the main reason for people resenting the new Karma.

Extasii

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotAmes View Post
I've got a few stories cooked up about her experiences, but that's all non-cannon and I won't subject you to my fan fictions.
I, for one, am now thoroughly curious as to what these experiences entail! Any sort of hints/snip-its that we can know about at this early stage?

Deadþool

03-06-2013

Am i the only one that thinks they actually achieved the opposite of what they were trying? She looks super generic now.

Asphalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

So dumb to rework Karma... she's so good right now just need to add 1 more stack to her ult, or half the CD something... it's just the cry babies that are bad with her that cry for rework... just like Evelyn and Twitch, used to be actually viable champs before their reworks... please do not ruin another champ Riot, keep Karma how she is, change Twitch and Evelyn back to their old ways also...

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Glad to see more people are bothered. Gonna play some games as Karma now---so I can remember her as I liked her. Her classic skin right now looks so much better than that traditional =/ Wish I could make that one appear instead without messing with game files.

KnseySx

03-06-2013

I'll just be happy if they keep some dignity to her.

Leona and Karma have always been favourites of mine because they could kick butt whilst still being dignified and classy. It was a nice break from the psychopaths, (Syndra), and the drooling *** kittens, (most other female champions).

Still, I suppose I shouldn't complain. Quinn and Vi may still have the exact same generic 'boobs 'n butt' body type shared by every other human female champ, but at least they gave them some actual clothing.

Baby steps.

HarryOrunitia

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadool View Post
Am i the only one that thinks they actually achieved the opposite of what they were trying? She looks super generic now.
No, she definitely does. She doesn't even have a weapon or any really recognizable feature of the sort.

If they kept the fans, made "Vintage Karma" her new base look, and released that weird purple dress thing as a new skin, I would've been very happy. Actually, ecstatic. They would've pleased the Karma die-hards and all the other players at the same time. It would've kept her original theme, while also making her look better, and with the skin, they would've given a new "side" of Karma for the players who found the original boring. But it should NOT be the other way around.

Maybe I would still have had complaints about her new lore, or her kit, but it would've been an acceptable compromise. In the end, it would still have been win-win.

What they did is not a compromise, it's an insult.

Vongeo

03-06-2013

Holy **** karma is black

Rauron

03-06-2013

Welp, there goes a hefty chunk of my faith in IronStylus. He said he'd keep her classy and modest. Now we've got a gal with her spine broken, half her clothes gone, and the same body all LoL females have.