So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GlyphTsen

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vainisto View Post
Why is she still black though?
It's easier to change clothes than melanin levels?

Voluug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariachi Duck View Post
I have to say, as Karma was one of my favourite champions, I am:
1) Impressed by the amount of work that went into this
2) Disappointed by the lack of fans. I was a fan of the fans.
3) Happy about the Traditional Skin. But I will miss the fans... could the Sakura skin perhaps retain the fans?
4) Excited by the notion of a new mechanics set.

However most of all... I am kind of worried about her flavour, here. It didn't imagine her as a Mortal Kombat character with a Beyblade Spirit that she uses to magically beat the tar out of people. To me, the defining feature of Karma was that she did battle with good manners and classiness as a power source. Like, somehow, the fact that she was unshakably serene and unwaveringly polite was how she beat people, and through sheer force of will. I am worried that the move to the dragon motif and the more expressly violent default skin is also a move away from what was possibly the classiest fictional character of all time. I'm sure I'll get used to this new Karma, and like it... but I will miss the Miss who always fought with straight back, measured steps and intense reservation.
Well, in all rights the dragon motif is an oriental dragon motifs, who simbolize serenity, wisdom, healing and misticism. Very different from Shyvana, who is based off a Occidental dragon, fire-breathing, menacing being of fiery ferocity (not saying Oriental dragons are wusses)

Exacerberus

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat09 View Post
I'm starting to think rather than discerning information from the emotional masses you intentionally ignore people until someone says the same thing in a manner you're willing to deal with. I personally find this an intentionally self limiting quality of a leader.

Sometimes you have to dig through shiit and glean true intention despite the gravity with which it's said.

Literally the same thing was said multiple times on multiple pages...would've done you good to have said that earlier rather than later.
I'd rather encourage behavior that's constructive when given the choice.
No ballz Morello, ebay for a pair of those.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asdioh View Post
no more "guess what's about to hit the fan" D: ?

Also, if that's the splash art, doesn't that mean her ingame icon will look something like this?

I like the splash and the ingame models, but the icon will take some getting used to. It will make her and Teemo officially the only champs who have their eyes visibly closed in their icons, lol
FYI, Teemo had no eyes at all: those you're staring at are 2 butt-holes.

RetardfromWoW

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by messymike View Post
so you took old karma, and made her basically rihanna... maybe now everyone will quit crying about a black champion

hoping she didnt change too much
she was making a comeback in solo lanes alot this season
I hear you. Unholy Grail + Deathfire Grasp and you had solid CDR and insane AP. As a Karma, you just needed a little defense through Zonya's and Abyssal, and you were harder than all hell to kill. You had INSANE 1v1 burst, crazy sustain, impossible to beat laning style. She was just lacking in team fights simply because her W was far too hard to use effectively. She needed deathfire to straight up burst people too.

Nothing like dropping 800 hp shields every 6 seconds, and then dropping 600 mass AoE heals. She was AMAZING with AP.

She was a strong laner. Hopefully, the only thing they really change is her Q into a longer range line, and her W into damaging her primary target. I honestly think a slight buff to her W is literally the ONLY thing she needed.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.
I bitterly think. "Your lucky there's only a few of us".

Sigh...

Xyes

03-06-2013

Thank you guys at Riot! I never played Karma and I am guilty of making the "Karma? Who's that?" jokes all the time but it looks great. I am really excited for reworks of champs that I do play.

I think I will buy more RP right now.

Cherubas

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by messymike View Post
maybe now everyone will quit crying about a black champion
Nidalee is black and people seem to love her.

Dj MAX V

03-06-2013

I bought the Sakura Karma Skin does the new Karma have that skin also or will it be refunded?

Makumasen

03-06-2013

So I got the Sakura Karma skin long ago... I wonder what it would look like after visual upgrade of her. Karma's a B****. Love her

Healurownbum

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDrool View Post
I bitterly think. "Your lucky there's only a few of us".

Sigh...
A few that dont seem to rly matter, its all abt the mass. And trying to get them to buy Karma it seems I dont feel like they listened to Karma players at all in all honesty.