Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

So, about that Karma leak...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hadron Kalideo

03-06-2013

oh god she's going to lose her swagger walk isn't she

the sway is gone
the fans are gone

RITO JAMES WHAT DID YOU DOOOOO

TheButtonmen

03-06-2013

So to pull off the Karma rework you had to pull off most of her clothes.

That's so Riot.

Flanelhipster

03-06-2013

Quote:
RiotAmes:
Just to reiterate:

Everyone who owns Karma before her official release gets the skin for free. We're changing a lot about her, so this is a nod to her original aesthetic that meets our new goals for her. We're intentionally allowing new adopters to get the skin in addition to people who currently own her. After her release, you will be able to purchase the Traditional skin separately in the store for a limited period of time.

You really shouldn't make the skin limited if you are intending to honor her original aesthetic. New players should get to purchase and appreciate the old design if they wish.

Shentok

03-06-2013

Quote:
Morello:
Thanks - this is informative.

Because of the rig and how things "work" (shorthand), the fans won't be returning here, but I think that these might have been more important to some die-hard Karma fans than we originally thought.

As our first full overhaul, we want to make sure if there are additional considerations that we take them into account when approaching these. While our decisions can quite possibly at least put off a few players with this kind of stuff, it is food for thought next time.

Please keep the fans in some form. I fell in love with Karma because of the fans. I stayed because her kit was so much fun to play and made sense to me. I mean I feel like I can't play the game anymore if her use of the fan as a weapon is gone. It's why I fell in love with her, I've always loved those style of fans and I was happy when this champion was released. It's what hooked me in the game for the long haul was when this champion was revealed.

Bes7iA

03-06-2013

Quote:
RetardfromWoW:
It was already confirmed they were raising her Mantra CD.

everything could change untill it gets to live (and still there can change)

WalmartLowPrice

Recruiter

03-06-2013

The new splash art shows her as a white woman. The in-game graphics show her as a black woman. Please make this a little more consistent ... (i prefer the black woman btw)

Other Conflicts: The new model purple/white dress shows her bare leg and a giant green tattoo. First, tattoos don't seem to fall in line with Karma's mindset; tattoos are for edgy young champions, she's supposed to be a level-headed mature leader. Second, bare legs are for "hot girls" type champions .. again, that's not Karma ; LeBlanc has bare leg but it fits LeBlanc's devious "hot girl" personality .

My view.

Buster

03-06-2013

I have to know...
Does her new VO have a stupid filter over her voice? because those filters always ruin characters for me. i hate elise and syndra for it even though i like their kits. i would hate to not like my favorite character anymore because of a dumb noise over her voice.

TheButtonmen

03-06-2013

Another one of IronStylus's strong woman I see.

Out with the old unique Karma, in with the new overly sexualized bland Karma.

GlyphTsen

03-06-2013

Quote:
Icebender:
All items are subject to change. You should know that for every virtual purchase you make.

Absolutely, in fact, Riot could close the game down entirely if they want and not issue any refunds (this has already happened with other F2P games) for all the digital items people have bought and no longer would be able to access... it'd flush a lot of good-will, but it's well within their legal rights.

However, Riot's been pretty good to it's costumer base for the most part when it comes to refunds (while still being reasonable to themselves and profit), and it never hurts to ask...

iAmChuckLee

03-06-2013

who says she doesnt work now?
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2947331/