So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Faari

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

03-06-2013

No longer can I laugh every time I see Karma walk .. Those swaying arms made my laugh until I cried


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RetardfromWoW

Junior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frubzors View Post
I just want to point something out that I've noticed as a trend for this whole Karma VU/rework.

The reds are essentially saying that they aren't using the same iteration of Karma as we all know and love.

Why?

Because as the League has evolved, so has she. She has learned much in her time at the Institute. She has learned much as the paragon of Ionia. She has seen things and been part of situations that she might not have normally been thrust in to.

I feel as if this VU/rework is a reflection of her psychological evolution as well as the physical manifestation of how much she has changed in her time with the League.

Yes, she won't have fans any more. Maybe she was originally using them because she thought they were the best at the time, but has now found a way to physically manifest her inner flame. Which she now uses because of efficiency/necessity.

If you look at it from a purely aesthetic perspective, you might be upset about the fans being gone and her attire changing.

From the lore perspective, I think this is one of the most intricately thought up reworks Riot has actually done. The lore is that she has changed. And the rework is materializing this change. Like Karma has found a new peace of mind. We're seeing the physical manifestation of all of the work she has put in to being a Paragon of Ionia and achieving inner peace. It's showing her evolution from the beginning of the League to her current state. And I think it's absolutely fantastic. The layers of it can go quite deep. Regardless if they were actually going for something like that, that's the connection I made with what I've read.

Anyway, on to game play. For any of the reds out there, I haven't seen this answered at all, so yeah.

It has been stated that she will retain her Mantra. Does this mean that she will utilize it in the same way? And if so, has the number of mantra charges she can store gone up or stayed the same?
So, in short, what she learned in the league is, Dress like a ***** and you will get played more when your not OP. Only reason people still play Sivir, or why peopel played Sona back when Sona was the worst support. Karma just didn't have *** appeal, so when she wasn't godly OP, people didn't play her. If the champion isn't OP, and lacks *** appeal, they don't get played.

Thats the league of legends. They took away her Class and replaced it with looking like a tramp. If my Sakura Karma skin does not have fans, I will be requesting a refund of my Money from that skin.

Worst Visual Remake they've ever done.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Partisan

Senior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerKhan View Post
See, this is why I refunded my Karma. I knew that when you Riot people decided to "rework" her, you'd get rid of anything cool or different about her, and to be honest, I thought the fans were the best part about her kit. this new Karma isnt Karma, and I hope that Karma comes back to bite you because I think this was a bad decision.
I think until we see the animations and kit in action we shouldn't jump to conclusions this much.

I too miss the fans, but if Iron stylus says their sacrifice was necessary I believe him.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatcat09

Senior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faari View Post
No longer can I laugh every time I see Karma walk .. Those swaying arms made my laugh until I cried
You're adorable. Pics of you giggling pl0x.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirWhaley

Senior Member

03-06-2013

My best guess from looking at the screenshots and Red posts:

Passive- The old passive is pretty bland compared to what we've seen on new champs. Expect some sort of AP boost mechanic though.

Q- is no longer a fan shape, it is a longer range narrow skill-shot. With Mantra, it will still heal allies.
(See Traditional Karma bottom middle pic vs New Karma top middle pic, which adds healing pink waves)

W- is pretty much the same? But we should expect a more impactful Mantra effect.

E- No pictures of a reskinned shield is worrisome. This ability may have the biggest changes in the kit. (Let's be real, the unavoidable aoe nuke will be changed)

R- Still Mantra, likely some changes into the charges and how they refresh (or what you can do to refresh them)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

phatcat09

Senior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Partisan View Post
I think until we see the animations and kit in action we shouldn't jump to conclusions this much.

I too miss the fans, but if Iron stylus says their sacrifice was necessary I believe him.
Ironstylus changes is best changes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kim Kartrashian

Member

03-06-2013

Karma is going to be a mid champion if you say support-mage like Lux.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syn Faal

Member

03-06-2013

No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No No NoNo No No No No No No No No No No No
Oh god no.
Let me make this a pop culture reference: it's like you turned Michelle Obama into Nicki Minaj.

"Her aesthetic was hard to read and didnít really convey much about her character. Her fans, dress and posture didnít reflect her playstyle or storyline."

FALSE.
You guys changed your mind about what you wanted her to be and now have changed everything to fit that. I know you aren't going to change it back but J F C at least admit that much.

This could have been a new champion, it didn't have to be Karma.

Keywords from her lore page:

  • superhuman composure
  • contentment
  • negotiated
  • resilience
  • Enlightened
The yin and yang theme of balance fits perfectly with this. As did her style of clothing being conservative, and her posture being regal. She gave the air of being a diplomat with finely honed battle skills just to make everyone else look bad, not in exclusion of everything else.

How does turning her into a colorful show-off with bright painted-on-looking tattoos and "come at me poses" portray that better? Hint: it doesn't.

Origin of fans:
Karma did not live extravagantly; her parents owned a local business selling antiques in the Navori province and they often struggled to provide for themselves, though they did so with cheery optimism. Her most prized possessions were two exquisite fans taken from her family's shop.
She modified her fans into lethal implements, and was tutored by Janna to enhance their effects.
[''Her fan technique is a deadly art of grace and poise, but her truest strength lies in the hearts of those willing to die alongside her.'' - Irelia]

Where are the fans now? Oh they didn't convey her humble past, or determination to fight, or regal nature at all, you say with a straight face?

At least give the legacy skin her dress back, holy lemons, that teaser looks like Obi Wan Kenobi. This is not Karma anymore. Sorry if I sound mad, I have to admit I'm a little mad because the reasoning behind the changes sound like nothing but lemons and BS. Be honest, you didn't like that she wasn't making money and you thought this would make more money than happiness of her true fans(see what I did there) would.
Down with the lies pls.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silver61298

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Junior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This was critical to us when updating a character thematically. We just think there's no reason, when updating, we can't also retain the classic character concept as a free skin for legacy fans of the character. Makes it a win-win - get to fix characters with issues in the game, but not "take anything away."
I'm glad you guys have learned that last bit. x) I liked how season three was about making a lot more viable play styles but i didn't like how some items were removed, mainly ionic spark made for me but this also goes to things like the original twisted treeline. The old twisted treeline was terribly unbalanced as far a team composition went but apparently many people still liked it anyways. Anyways I love the changes and can't wait to see the result!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AL Penguin

Senior Member

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
I have to say that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read abou Asia as an Asian. They actually have female clothes that exposed the whole chest in Korea before the Japanese colonization. Exposed shoulders and legs? They are nothing.
... Eh.

I'm from Taiwan, but you misunderstand. Of course they have female clothes that exposed the whole chest in Korea before the Japanese colonization... the same way there are miniskirts and tubetops in 1950s and 1960s US. You won't see the Korean Empress wearing that.

However, if you glance through any east asian art that have women in there, unless they're trying to be sexy, you won't be seeing a lot of robes falling off shoulders. Of course there are slu-tty clothing; they exist everywhere. It's still sexually provacative and very inappropriate for an esteemed leader to wear.