So, about that Karma leak...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SirWhaley

03-06-2013

Great news!

I can't wait to see the other skins remade. Sakura will have green robes and hair up, but the mantra thing behind her will be a red dragon I'm guessing? Sun goddess will have some kind of aztec-lookin sun thing.

TheScarecrowBB

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by florrie View Post
HOWEVER, it should be for people who have owned Karma at least 2-3 months (and longer) prior to her re-release.
why would anyone have owned karma before now?

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjj92 View Post
They have a fancy name for that floating thing, if you cared anything about lores you would know that only Ionian females with higher social status can wear those, and karma always has one, and I believe it means much more to her than pathetic fans
but somehow the older ones had something that inmediatly you recognize as the karma things

but the new ones looks stolen from irelia

Masquerade4927

03-06-2013

Who else is getting her just for the free skin?

Kanikkers

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatcat09 View Post
me me me me me me

That's kinda the issue.

You don't get to reinterpret a character for everybody else once it's released to the masses.

And if you do you better be damn well ready to receive criticism about it, and most importantly don't act like everyone else is irrationally defensive or that the interpretation that people have grown to love is faulted.
I mean, if they're an employee and work on the character design, yeah, they do.

You should probably keep in mind that Riot's not going to be able to please everybody all the time.

Foksy

03-06-2013

I foresee a day when Riot decides to rework Annie again.
"The lore team wanted to make Annie's character a little more dramatic and impactful. So we aged her about ten years and gave her the same skirt. Now she can be sexy like the rest of the LoL champs!"

And then they'll just genderbend the rest so that it will become Daria and Garena and the game will be called League of Sexy.

I don't mind the women having *** appeal. But when every female champ becomes so cookie cutter, it gets a bit ridiculous. League became popular because of its *diversity* not because of its ladies.

/end rant

Schoild

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-06-2013

you guys took karma's rework as if you were making a new champion.. cuz i dont see anything from karma left on the new non-traditional-skin... what's the point on reworking a champion if there will be nothing but a totally different champion after that.. you guys are taking it on the wrong direction .. i play with karma and i play very good with her.. i'm just sad that i wont be playing with her anymore if i dont feel she's karma at all. dont remove her fans please riot..

Necrolyte

03-06-2013

Good work Riot, about time you decide to bring Karma from her hiding spot!

kjj92

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AL Penguin View Post
Can we at least cover the shoulders?

In traditional Asian cultures, showing sleaves under the shoulders is a MAJOR slu-tty gesture because it represents disrobing for ***, (unless they're *** dieties or some other Ahri-like figures). Even revealing cloths reveal vertically (short of nip-slips) AND are impractical to show that they're above everyone else's reproach. If Ionia is based on asian cultures, I just feel like it's inappropriate for it's political leader to dress scantily.
I have to say that's the most ridiculous thing I've ever read abou Asia as an Asian. They actually have female clothes that exposed the whole chest in Korea before the Japanese colonization. Exposed shoulders and legs? They are nothing.

Darkwahn

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Maybe so, but I think if that's the only price we pay (and with the new rig, the fans had to go), I think it's extremely minor for the gains.
Can a new champ have fans? Maybe someone who fights like Anji Mito from Guilty Gear possibly?