Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Leblanc R change?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valenten

03-06-2013

really? thats a huge nerf unless its that flat amount plus the amount of the spell its mimicking.

Old: LeBlanc can cast the previous spell she cast. The mimicked spell deals 10/25/40 % increased

New: LeBlanc can cast the previous spell she cast. The mimicked spell deals 125/200/275 (+0.2*AP)damage.

http://www.reignofgaming.net/news/23453-unofficial-pbe-changes-for-3-6-headhunter-nidalee

Edit: after trying the changes to her ult i can say it is in a good direction to the overall health of LB but i still think it needs something more simply because LB is all about her early-mid game and this change helps her late game out alot but kinda hinders her early-mid game. might just need a few number tweaks but i think overall its a good direction to go to help out with all of her skills instead of being focused on one skill for the extra dmg %. since the changes were reverted we will hopefully see another iteration of that change soon.

firey275

03-06-2013

With the PBE servers unavailable at the moment, I'm wondering where this news came from. If you could provide some link to the reported change, I'm curious as to the source of this.

I have always felt that LeBlanc needed this sort of nerf, as I was getting dropped in one second from her with 150 MR and 2k health on a tank in early game. Usually with someone giving her 2 kills in mid at most and then with level 6 she would start destroying everyone she walked past.

Valenten

03-06-2013

Lb doesnt need that much nerf though she is a burst ap mage assassin she is suppose to be able to take one person down super fast if they are out of place thats her job.

Roku

QA Analyst

03-06-2013

This is an experimental change that I was working with, having Mimic be its own separate damage rather than based on which spell she is leveling. The intention was to smooth out her level 6-9 damage and instead allow her to scale a bit better late game. An additional goal was to make her feel better about casting abilities that she isn't leveling (W->R wave clear etc).

The AP Ratio on there isn't correct (my bad), after you put a point into Mimic it will update to a .6 ratio.

The ultimate was changed to dealing its own damage - not adding damage to the spell.

Valenten

03-06-2013

ok thank you then the AP ratio change is what worried me the most cause thats alot of dmg lost for what it is on live. the nerf isnt that bad then ty for clearing that up

Roku

QA Analyst

03-06-2013

Quote:
Valenten:
ok thank you then the AP ratio change is what worried me the most cause thats alot of dmg lost for what it is on live. the nerf isnt that bad then ty for clearing that up

Yup! Don't worry. These numbers specifically are still highly experimental - mostly was experimenting with the feel change here.

Last Fantasy

03-06-2013

Will Q's silence still trigger?

Blaine Tog

03-06-2013

Quote:
Roku:
The AP Ratio on there isn't correct (my bad), after you put a point into Mimic it will update to a .6 ratio.
Wait, does that mean you get Mimic at level 1 with a .2 ratio that upgrades to .6 at level 6?

Also, how would this work with Mimic-ing Q or E, which are two-part damages?

Kiba Kitsune

Recruiter

03-06-2013

Quote:
Roku:
Yup! Don't worry. These numbers specifically are still highly experimental - mostly was experimenting with the feel change here.

As was asked, will the silence still trigger if the Q is mimic'd? And will it also deal bonus magic damage as well if a Mimic'd Q gets triggered? How much bonus damage will it do as well? Bonus damage to be decided based off of the ultimate, or based on the level of Q at the time?

Hazanshu

03-06-2013

Quote:
Roku:

I don't get it if you make mimic its own separate damage which is understandable..what exactly is the point of "mimicking" your own skills? It just seems gimicky and now it doesn't fit the name of the spell anymore its essentially just another ultimate. All i can see here is that your choosing what CC you want whether be silence or snare.

The base damage is lower than all of her skills because a level 3 Q 210 and when you R now it will do less damage then the mimicked skill.. for her W while it would do more damage with 1 point and equal damage exactly with level 2 W it just seems like leblanc doesnt have an ultimate in this case. For her E if its tied with level 1 will do slightly more damage but since the Ap ratio is much higher (.4) then all you need is 100 ap..idk this R change is iffy to me.

EDIT : If her mimic damage is REAPPLIED on her mark or second E then it is a buff if not then its a huge nerf to her late game.

EDIT 2 : After further discussions and thoughts, you made her weakness to pushing even worse because the base damage on W will be lower with the new mimic then the current mimic and the ap ratio is low too so your making it even harder to farm and scale well and that is really where the problem lies.

I don't want to sound like im giving unnecessary grief but I'm worried about Leblanc and Karma as well as they are my favorite champions in the league and i want to make sure these changes are effective and I don't want you guys to go " Oh we messed up my bad " later on.

EDIT : Okay it procs for each damage on the Q and E so its a buff there, her W is overall nerfed as a mimic which increases her weakness of being overpushed in lane. Also can you guys please take a look at her E, in a massive LB thread we came to a conclusion that due to how Leblanc playstyle and nature is that her E is counter intuitive to her kit as shes a squishy mage who has to stay close to the opponent to get the snare off. I would be fine if it was a projectile clean up and speed buff :/