Who agrees that only ranked games should be kept on your personal record/statistics?

I do. 19 28.79%
I don't. 47 71.21%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Win-Loss Record

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GroupSex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupSex View Post
Why are wins and losses kept on record for normal games? Shouldn't they only be recorded for ranked games?
Okay, so... I've been inactive in the forums for quite some time and would FINALLY like to explain exactly why I think games should only be recorded under certain circumstances. And I think I may have a few ideas to how it may give most people more 'luxurious' accounts. (So they don't feel so bummed about how many undeserved losses they have)

As we all know, every game is recorded; whether won, lossed, disconnected (leaving), or from the classic rage quit. Yet we also know that there are some ******s out there who like to QQ and do nothing but sit at the spawn point because they think it's gg. Not to even mention the pricks who literally feed the enemy team because they think it's funny (but sometimes they're just n00bs, so I can't hate). And with those statements, I would like to point out that having a loss be recorded due to being in those situations is completely unfair. (I know **** well you know what I'm talking about) LoL is a 5v5 game, and in most cases, it takes all 5 teammates to win a game. When it's 4v5 or worse, the game is pretty much over. Your odds of winning without cooperation and teamwork--slim. YET there have been cases where one character (or player) will single handily dominate a game...Twitch!...cough... lol But can a game really be determined through an individuals' skill? Or is it simply playing OP characters that really wins games? BUT! That's a whole other topic. =P So maybe I'll get back to everyone on that in another post. My point for now is that wins and losses should be recorded in a more deserving aspect. You do have to admit, there are some mainstream characters in LoL, though.

When solo queuing in a normal game, it makes more sense to say that people try out new characters to determine whether or not they'd like to test the waters. ...but are these people always gonna rape and pillage the enemy team on their first try? No. You can argue that there are practice games, but I'm well aware of those who are too stubborn to even attempt practice mode because of the lack of IP gained after each game. So what do you end up with at times? Someone playing poorly with a new character. The most common result? A loss. Which is why I like the idea of making teams for ranked games. This is where I think wins and losses come into the picture. When making a team, you should already be familiar with the game. You've made your e-buds and built chemistry with their fav chars (as well as yours). So when you queue up and get your asses kicked, who's fault is it? Yours. Why? Because joining a ranked game means that you're ready for the real competition. No kid stuff, no QQing, just pure strategy. It just makes more sense to say (for me, at least) that queuing up for a ranked game is where LoL really begins. Which is why I must argue that each account win-loss should only be recorded in a ranked game.

To be continued...

IS138d309a4fea569e777b5

12-03-2009

Only you can see your losses, though. I don't see how it matters. I like seeing my wins and losses.

Nightskyx

12-03-2009

i have 40 wins 20 lost and 0 left. i hate seeing the win/lost becuse it make me think i suck i mean comeon 20 lost. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

TheGrimReaper1

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightskys View Post
i have 40 wins 20 lost and 0 left. i hate seeing the win/lost becuse it make me think i suck i mean comeon 20 lost. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
grrrrrr im 2/1 ratio grrrrrr

probably liaring

Nightskyx

12-03-2009

lol who cares if i lie about my record to sound cool lol fine

23 win 23 lost 0 left

i hate you guys

Nightskyx

12-03-2009

that is my real stats i am 1-1

Kayox

12-03-2009

Heh groupsex.

GroupSex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCHeimer View Post
Only you can see your losses, though. I don't see how it matters. I like seeing my wins and losses.
Well, mainly because of default losses due to n00bs playing the game (lack of understanding and communication), LEAVERS, and/or jackasses who purposely feed the opposing teams. Who likes to see how many times they've lossed? ESPECIALLY if their losses are greater than their wins. Or maybe losses shouldn't be recorded...? It's already obvious that wins grant you more experience and IP than a loss would. Therefore, maybe wins and player levels should be the only statistics recorded.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

12-20-2009

Just don't look at that part of your screen if you are so bothered by it. If you know it wasn't your fault, then theres no problem.

jonodaman

12-20-2009

I dont mind the win/loss there, good to know where i'm at. I dunno what ranked games are since they're not active yet anyway, maybe they'l have a different category of win/loss for ranked games?
I can't seem to push past 20 wins more than losses though... 113-96 at the mo.

Matchmaking with new players after you're on a winning streak ftl....