Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Digi-Art Throwdown Contest Winners Revealed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kingsofslayer

03-11-2013

I don't know if it just me but the top two went all out compare to the other ones. the other pictures are more drawing like which is awesome but programs seems it will always win :P

EndoKid

03-11-2013

Quote:
Kinda annoyed at all these people that think that their artwork should of won, like they expected to win

Don't submit art to contests feeling entitled to win, just seems like a bunch of self-entitled whining to me

That was a generalised statement. The general consesus of people's sentiments were that they were left disappointed due to being mislead by a set of guidelines that didn't appear to be absolute nor mandatory.
Wouldn't you be disappointed if you entered a race and were told Porsches weren't allowed because they're too fast but find other contenders with Ferraris because they're flash?

And I agree with everything Ynette said

Pino Usagi

03-12-2013

It seems that majority of people are quite upset over the judges choosing winners that don't adhere to the guidelines... Maybe we should start a RIOT? Hahaha...

But anyway, I do believe that you guys aren't just complaining, but showing concern as fans and supporters of the game and it is definitely a "slap to the face" to see those who didn't follow the rules be rewarded. They did a great job and many of you acknowledge that and are simply stating concern (except those who are art bashing, shame on you!). I will also add that it is even more of a "slap to the face" that your concerns are being ignored or put to the side with excuses. For such a community oriented company to do that is hurtful to the fans. It would be nice to at least acknowledge the concerns and maybe it would be nice to have something like a people's choice section like the Lunar Revel contest from last year or something else and have the prizes be Riot points at the very least.

Again, here is my submission of Diana training followed by my bf's submission of Katarina training : ) (For better quality I would visit the deviant art link)
http://fantaisie-triste.deviantart.com/art/League-of-Legends-Digi-Art-Throwdown-Diana-353225665

http://mikefertig.deviantart.com/art/Digi-artThrowdown-Katarina-353138551

P.S. Great job to everyone who entered, you all tried hard and did fabulous work!

I also want to give a shout out to this little gem someone made. I really thought this one was going to make it!
http://tsuaii.deviantart.com/art/Vi-Friends-353247319

BlackMystic

03-12-2013

Here's my Nidaree entry :P

Merumii

03-13-2013

I am always happy for art contests, and was lucky enough to get a runner-up in last year's, but one thing I didn't like about this year's contest were the rules and theme -- I think rather than the staff choosing entries entries that didn't adhere to their requirements, they simply did not address the requirements in a very understandable way.

I struggled a lot with my piece, reading through all the threads and riot posts about what would be suitable. It was hard to distinguish kind of thing was really wanted, and everyone seemed to have different ideas about what was what. In the end I feel like the confusion really made my piece suffer in interest, but I'd already spent several days working on it, haha.

I do have to disagree with the ezreal grand prize -- it's nice art, but one thing that really bothers me about it is that you don't see anyone's face. (Minus Baron.) The other being, it really just seems more like an "in-game" art, and not following the theme, perse. c: Also, the heimerdinger one confuses me a little as to how it won over some of the other epic arts I've seen. (Like this one of Wu Kong and Master Yi training together on a stone wall, my god it was gooooorgeous D Just..Look. Look at this wonderful piece: LOOK AT ITS BEAUTY AND MAJESTY. (http://browse.deviantart.com/art/League-Of-Legends-Wuju-Style-353846485)

I mean I get vector art is what it is, but for how simplistic it is -- Well, I guess I just think there are more deserving arts out there. c:

I hope the next art contest has a more secure theme. I think leaving something so open ended is what really threw people off, and left bad tastes in their mouths.

I had fun though, and I'm happy to participate in contests~ Here's my entry for derpsakes. <3

Seini

03-13-2013

Hello. Just posting my drawing (the process in easy-to-view animated gif form, and the finished piece) as well as my two cents.

First off, congrats to the winners. That was very technically skilled drawings for most of them, and the hard work really shows all around.

Now for my 2 cents. Because internet
Personally I found losing this contest difficult to swallow, but more so when I saw the winners had only loosely followed the theme of "preparation." I wasn't sure on how some of the drawings fit the themes, loosely, or at all. After maybe a week of struggling about losing, and then struggling more after (3 weeks later? ) the contest winners were announced, I've come to to this conclusion.

*It's Riot's contest. Since they fronted the money to get all these prizes available to the public, its theirs and theirs alone to determine, and to interpret as they see fit. We can disagree about the judging, but in the end, none of us are owed anything. I think that many great artists, myself included, at least fell into a momentary lapse of judgement and thought that.

*It was an extremely competitive contest. Out of 5500 people only 17 were chosen. 17! That's .3 of a percent. And putting that into perspective, I do feel that the almost 3 week long delay was justified. I REALLY would have loved to see the debates going on among the riot team.

*This is technically the best piece of artwork I've ever done, and even though I don't have a shiny new cintiq sitting on my desk, my drawing sits proudly on my DA featured page. And considering the amount of excitement shown from the other artists, I can probably say the others feel the same way about their own art.

*Losing made me think. What did the other winners do that I didn't? Did it cause me to lose? Am I overlooking some massive flaw that everyone else sees? I learned so much through drawing this, but learned even more from losing.

Anyway, I look forward to next years contest!

PS if any of the Riot team would be so kind as to indicate about where my drawing placed, just to get a glimpse of how I did, I'd be thankful.

Anbringehr

03-14-2013

This art. IS spot on. I love the fact that the runner up that drew MF decided to make her AP.

takeaimnow

03-14-2013

I love MF's draws and kennen's
I don't get how the kennen draw got to honorable mention only -.-'

OrangeKappa

Recruiter

03-14-2013

Wow, winners obviously deserved this.

Onishima

03-15-2013

Grats : )