Nasus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

powwder

03-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by acosn View Post
BorK is a bad item to rush, period, because it isn't a good return on investment before teams start piling on HP.

Trinity Force isn't either. It isn't a bad item and it should definitely figure into your build every game with nasus, but typically you want different items early game that grant you sustain.
i never mention botrk....

with the changes to nasus and his passive you don;t really need sustain items. if you start phage it gives extra hp, sheen is a grip of damage plus more mana for more ss.

HBAFreightTrain

03-10-2013

Actually Nasus is pretty good with the tanky AP items. Rod of Ages -> Liandry's -> Rylai's gives you nice tankiness, a powerful ultimate that slows, a ranged AoE snare, and those spirit fires hurt. You can farm Q while you harass the opponent out of lane with spirit fire. As long as you keep the mindset that you are a tank who happens to do nice AoE damage, you're good to go. When the team fights happen, the extra health granted by the ultimate will help keep you alive, the snare + armor shred will help your team, and the high amount of AoE will cause the opposing team to melt.

Your masteries and runes should reflect your tanky status. Make yourself hard to kill. As AP Nasus in top lane, your job is to tank and cast wither every chance you get during team fights. If you do it right, you'll wear down the opposing team as they blow a ton of cooldowns on you and then you'll survive because you're just too tanky with that lifesteal keeping you alive with the bonus AD and a hard hitting Q. Let them blow their CCs and ults on you. That means they won't have them for the rest of your team. You will live. They will die.

The main advantage is that you can stack health while getting some nice effects for your team such as Ryali's snare, the burn of Liandry's, and having the AP to make spirit fire/ultimate do a lot more damage without sacrificing too much in tanky stats. The extra mana certainly comes in handy. You can harass with your Spirit Fire in lane to force them out of lane or spend a lot of gold in potions. If your opponent plays passive and just wants to farm, level your Q, take CDR boots, and farm your Q up. You'll be a monster in late game as you'll be the holy trinity of tanks: High damage, high health, and high utility.

Tank AP Nasus: Mercury Treads, Rod of Ages, Liandry's Torment, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Randuin's Omen, Zhonya's Hourglass. It's a solid six item Nasus with an emphasis on survival and AoE dmg.

If you jungle with him, you generally take team items once you get your spirit stone. Bulwark makes you fairly tanky and helps your team. Locket of the Iron Solari continues that theme and gives CDR. Upgrade the spirit stone to the tanky one when you get those done.

vortical42

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaiur View Post
Hello, I'm fairly new to LoL so pardon me if this is an obvious question but how does wither not qualify as a gap closer? If they can't run away and you are heading towards them that gap is going to close pretty fast.

Secondly, I understand that AP Nasus is the most ridiculously preposterous notion ever thought of in all of Runeterra, but I don't understand why. What makes Nasus so poor with AP?
A 'gap closer' is an ability that lets you quickly move from point A to point B (not the best term I know, but it's what the community uses). So a blink ability like flash or Ezreal's arcane shift is a gap closer. So is a dash like what you see on Graves or Tryndamere. Nasus' wither does help you catch a fleeing enemy, but you still have to walk at normal speed to get there. That gives his teammates time to hit you with damage and crowd control abilities.

As for your second question AP Nasus was considered bad due to the way the season 2 meta worked. In s2, you wanted a high damage and/or high CC mage in mid-lane. That pushed him into top lane where building AP blows up in your face. If you are leveling Q first, then building AP doesn't make sense; its a wasted stat until you complete lichbane. On the other hand, if you level spirit fire first, you end up pusing the lane too hard and getting dominated by the jungler.

If you want to play him tanky AP, you need to send him mid where he can counter squishy poke mages like ari, karthus, or viegar. Just make sure the enemy isn't sending an assassin like Akali or Fizz, that style of champion will ruin your day in a hurry.

DPS Konnex

03-12-2013

Most of the ideas presented here failed. Some worked haha I made better builds with more "Tanky" aspects. Added Warmongs and a few others. And the reason I included Ruined Blade into this build is because of adding lifesteal. The more lifesteal, the more damage, the more hp you take from them. a.k.a you killing them and healing you.

vortical42

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konnex View Post
Most of the ideas presented here failed. Some worked haha I made better builds with more "Tanky" aspects. Added Warmongs and a few others. And the reason I included Ruined Blade into this build is because of adding lifesteal. The more lifesteal, the more damage, the more hp you take from them. a.k.a you killing them and healing you.
I think you just worded that poorly, but I want to make clear for any other new players who read this: lifesteal does NOT increase your damage. It is a secondary effect that is applied to you after damage is calculated on the enemy. A character with 200 AD and 10% lifesteal and a character with 200 AD and 0 lifesteal both do 200 damage (assuming no enemy armor). The only difference is that the character with 10 lifesteal regenerates 20 hp for each attack.