I think I'm done with Dominion for a while.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

radicalratx

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golly View Post
...ouch

Someday, hopefully, in the future.....

nvm. Back to last hitting for 20 minutes and losing/winning because of one mistake.

IDontWasteFood

03-06-2013

I don't understand why it's bad to call out people by name. I think it would help this community TREMENDOUSLY if people were called out on their ****ty behavior. Back in the EQ days on pvp servers you used to be actually LABELED a playerkiller if you did so and known throughout the server as such. Times have changed and we have become such big babies that people cry OTHER people being called out and held responsible for their actions? It's sad that people look to the devs to police things while living in anonymity instead of policing ourselves.

KaWraith

03-06-2013

@ CCC
I'm sorry you've come to feel that way. I had the opposite experience.

Players like Flowerbridge and A12MO12 who took the time to harrass me about playing sloppily, and in general running about like a noob, are the ones who got me to start taking dominion seriously, and improve my skills. I credit them with teaching me about the fact that dominion has a meta, and that I should follow it, and play well if I wanted to get any better. Sometimes you need to get knocked down a peg so you get out of your comfort zone and realize the harsh realities that you aren't gods gift to the crystal scar, and we all have more to learn, and could play better and become better players.
Can they be gruff, and do they rage a bit? Certainly. Are they the most pleasant people to play with or against? Probably not. Did it feel great when I got enough better that they stopped giving me S@#$% about how terrible I was and no longer queue dodged when I was on their team? You bet it did.
When I compare their constructive criticism (and incredulous remarks about my really dumb decision making skills); and I balance that against your average kass spammer, racist/homophobic/sexist/pick your poison truly toxic trash talker... no, I don't think they are ruining dominion. I would queue with them all day every day if I could, because I learn from them when they comment on my play, and unlike many other top players, they actually tell me what they think, and notice when I play better.

@beefjerky: Your criticisms are so nice! Even when I would have horrible games you would stick up for me in the post-game chat, even if I played badly, and give me itemization and counter-build suggestions.

KaWraith

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontWasteFood View Post
I don't understand why it's bad to call out people by name. I think it would help this community TREMENDOUSLY if people were called out on their ****ty behavior. Back in the EQ days on pvp servers you used to be actually LABELED a playerkiller if you did so and known throughout the server as such. Times have changed and we have become such big babies that people cry OTHER people being called out and held responsible for their actions? It's sad that people look to the devs to police things while living in anonymity instead of policing ourselves.
It is part of the summoners code not to call people out directly on the forums. There are other less public, not permanently archived into the internet places for that kind of thing (dominate dominion chat, in game chat, post game chat, and regular chat).
the LeaverBuster and the report system help filter out LOL's version of Pkers quietly and anonymously, and allow players who have wronged others to be notified discretely, and given a chance to reform their bad behaviors without a public shame stigma. It's much better system IMHO.

inFe eD

03-06-2013

You're overrated when you're not on Lulu. Of course you're not going to enjoy solo queue when you play anything weaker, that's how it works.

TheLittlestLulu

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by inFe eD View Post
You're overrated when you're not on Lulu. Of course you're not going to enjoy solo queue when you play anything weaker, that's how it works.
That really shouldn't be how it works at all. People shouldn't be treated like trash just because they didn't pick one of the strongest champion's available.

And it isn't just me either. I've seen people get treated like they were sub-human because they picked things like Trynd, Gangplank or Warwick if their team is losing even if they were doing well. If this is how things are supposed to work with the community then I don't know how I would ever want to come back.

Dienovv

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillcoldcoolaid View Post
I'm not sure if I'll want to come back though unless something significant happens to change the community.
Quote:
unless something significant happens to change the community.
Quote:
change the community.
I was always taught to back up my quotations whenever I presented one, but I feel like this one speaks for itself.

Koravel

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDontWasteFood View Post
Technically, it's against Riot's forum rules.

That's the only reason why it was suggested he not do so. I agree with you, but Riot does not.

Still, we kinda know who the a-holes are in Dominion, it's a small enough community.

lbgsloan

03-06-2013

Games live or die with their community, and for some reason this genre (Dota, HoN, and all the me-to clones are exactly the same from what I've heard) of game attracts the biggest *******s I've ever seen. People say Riot killed this game mode, but that's only partially true. Remember when we still had draft and jabebot? It was almost exactly like ranked for all intents and purposes. What happened to that? Oh right, once people learned of jabebot the community turned into raging, angry dicks who would dodge at the last second if there team comp wasn't an auto-win over the enemy. Even if the picks looked good, they'd jabebot their team's elo and dodge if a number was too low. This started BEFORE the dodge penalty disappeared, so don't try to pin on that. Riot didn't kill draft mode, they just kicked it when it was down. The community killed it, and some of the posts here make it pretty clear ranked would have met the same fate even if we had gotten it a year ago. It's really no wonder Riot canned any plans they had for ranked, and this mode in general, after the draft population died off completely.

Have fun again and forget about hidden normal elo that means absolutely nothing, this mode IS going to die off once ARAM gets a queue. It's obvious that is Riot's 'plan for Dominion' at this point, it was obvious when we didn't get ranked once leagues rolled in. There was never an easier time to add ranked, and Riot chose not to. Think about that as you rage because someone picked something below tier 2.

Elysius

03-06-2013

I'm with you Chillcoldcoolaid.. I left dominion for the same reason.. tried a few games lately and "Kassawin" was in 2 of 3 games face rolling everyone.. no skill needed when you have extreme mobility and burst damage plus CC.

Riot needs to make a special version of Kassawin for this mode.. with longer cd's or reduced damage.

The choices we make about champs should be entirely free.. what's the point of playing in high elo with the same champs over and over again.. if you are in high elo pick a support champ and make your team win.. make good plays based on skill.. not based on how OP is the champ you are using

Riot we need some help here.. the player base is low in Dominion and it's getting smaller day after day