I think I'm done with Dominion for a while.

12345 ... 6
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Happy Lulu

03-06-2013

nvm

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillcoldcoolaid View Post
I'm just tired of the community for this game. It isn't even just the Kass spammers that are turning me off from this mode. It's the awful players I end up seeing frequently in match. And I don't mean awful as in unskilled. I mean awful as in just pure toxic attitudes that suck any fun out of the game. People like Flowerbridge, Etamu, or Jovato who will just rage and completely trash talk your team for any mistake they make, even if they make half of them themselves. Or people who will go afk when they are losing and then report you for choosing what they consider a bad pick. The worst part is because of the rather small playerbase Dominion has running into these same players over and over again is very likely.

I don't think I've ever seen a community this toxic before. Every time I queue it feels like a gamble for a fun match or an incredibly unpleasant match. I have a hard time justifying to myself why I play this game when I end up with 20~ minutes of hate. I'm frequently reported for making picks like Zilean Soraka or Nami which makes it really hard for me to not just go back to spamming Lulu where I won't get trashed on for making a troll pick.

I'm just tired of it all and need to take a break. I'm not sure if I'll want to come back though unless something significant happens to change the community.
wrong forums the SR5v5 forums are the other direction! i would suggest not playing Support in Dominion there not as viable since there 1v1 are bad, unless you in a organized team where they can try to keep you with them all the time.people can be very ignorant but understand there probably children. you can add me in game i play Dom every 20 min then que again, and you can play a support role with me cause ill pick a tank and keep you attached to my hip

Waii Nosferatu

03-06-2013

See you tomorrow.

Veni13

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmeat View Post
wrong forums the SR5v5 forums are the other direction! i would suggest not playing Support in Dominion there not as viable since there 1v1 are bad, unless you in a organized team where they can try to keep you with them all the time.people can be very ignorant but understand there probably children. you can add me in game i play Dom every 20 min then que again, and you can play a support role with me cause ill pick a tank and keep you attached to my hip
Welcome to the Dominion forums, Warmeat. You're talking to one of the higher-elo dominion players, in case you didn't know.
Btw, you should try out Revive, it's a must-have summoner spell for dom. And check out the DominateDominion chat to hang out with other dominion players

Chillcoldcoolaid, just take a break. I'm on an indefinite hiatus myself.

Nyx87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

First, you might want to remove the names as that is calling people out on the forums.

Second, ignore people who complain about certain champion picks. As long as you aren't redundant(Picking MF when you already have a Caitlyn) you should be fine. Also, try to pick champs that benefit the team in some way( Alistar when you lack CC, Zilean when you want to keep someone alive at any cost.)

Third, take a break. Blind pick is rough on the soul.

Torkable

03-06-2013

bloodlines

Flowerbridge

03-06-2013

Good bye, you will not be missed with your negative attitude and toxic, disparaging personal attacks in game. The game would be a better place without players like you who seemingly enjoy throwing insults like snowflakes in a blizzard.

Kids like you who believe that you're "reported for making picks like Zilean Soraka or Nami" are delusional if you believe the reports are about your pick choice as opposed to say, perhaps, your attitude.

Peace~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillcoldcoolaid View Post
I'm just tired of the community for this game. It isn't even just the Kass spammers that are turning me off from this mode. It's the awful players I end up seeing frequently in match. And I don't mean awful as in unskilled. I mean awful as in just pure toxic attitudes that suck any fun out of the game. People like Flowerbridge, Etamu, or Jovato who will just rage and completely trash talk your team for any mistake they make, even if they make half of them themselves. Or people who will go afk when they are losing and then report you for choosing what they consider a bad pick. The worst part is because of the rather small playerbase Dominion has running into these same players over and over again is very likely.

I don't think I've ever seen a community this toxic before. Every time I queue it feels like a gamble for a fun match or an incredibly unpleasant match. I have a hard time justifying to myself why I play this game when I end up with 20~ minutes of hate. I'm frequently reported for making picks like Zilean Soraka or Nami which makes it really hard for me to not just go back to spamming Lulu where I won't get trashed on for making a troll pick.

I'm just tired of it all and need to take a break. I'm not sure if I'll want to come back though unless something significant happens to change the community.

Torkable

03-06-2013

Throwing snowflakes?

Bma

03-06-2013

Community sucks but it's not like that's recent news, or anything.

Community has a lot of hypocrisy going around, one example is complaining about Kassadin when you play Lulu, top 6 champs in dominion and very frequently on permaban. Applies to all people really, complaining about 'spammers' while spamming other ops is a bit of a joke. Somewhere out there someone is mad cause u play lulu so frequently. Just man up and accept that u play ur ops and other people play their ops. That's the reality of blind pick dominion.

Edit : I'll give a very common example that comes up very often. When I play Khazix people rarely complain about him except for tournament level Dominion players, even though the champion is incredibly overpowered when played correctly. Meanwhile, if I pick Kassadin, I am the 2nd coming of Satan. Even though they're both overpowered, I will only take massive amounts of abuse playing one of those 2 champions.I think it's incredibly silly, personally, that I can take so much abuse for playing Kassadin yet none at all for playing Khazix. Though that said, very few people I've seen have any idea on how to play Khazix correctly.

Edit : Furthermore if we are going to extend the line from Kassadin to Khazix, why would we stop there? Why not extend the line to Jayce, Lulu, Nidalee and the previous incarnation of Teemo? Where does one stop with these subjective rules on what people can and can't play? Remember Speedninja? That guy only played Kayle, yet got no real criticism for it. Kayle turns out to be overpowered, has anything changed? What about JASONwow, who only plays Xin Zhao because he enjoys playing it? What if Xin's the next cheesecake champion? Do we suddenly abuse him for spamming the next cheesecake? What about Soeveth, who only plays Fiddle? What if Fiddle's the next cheesecake?

On a related note, this is how things work. Let's say you have an arbitrary skill level of 2000 elo playing balanced champions. When playing something OP, your elo will probably rise to 2200, for instance. It's no surprise that when your elo rises due to playing Lulu, you won't be allowed to play balanced champions without losing a majority of your games. Matchmaker expects that you will carry as if you were playing Lulu.

If you wanted to play at an elo where you are allowed to play lesser champions, then you shouldn't've won so many games on Lulu.

I say this from experience. If I want to win on my main, I have to play Kz/Kassadin because I've built up so much elo playing these champions. If I want to play Ezreal on my main I'll prob lose, and I'll have to continue to lose until matchmaker gives me even games. If I want to play Ezreal on my smurf, I'll probably win (and I basically see the same players on my smurf, except I get who I believe are better players on my team because matchmaker is correctly assuming that I'm not playing Kassadin/Khazix). That's the difference between a couple hundred elo.

tl;dr, the point is that if you want to play balanced heroes you have very little choice but to lose. If you want to win with those balanced heroes then you need to lose a lot of games until you start getting even games again.

Golly

03-06-2013

I've seen it both ways. I've succumbed to rage before and have had my games end in flame wars. It's not pretty. Luckily, it's rare and doesn't happen often enough for me to remember a specific instance.

It seems the game only ever devolves into a flame war whenever I lose my cool. I've tried really hard to be both friendly and supportive during my games. And I get a lot less rage because of it. There are only a handful of people in DD chat that I've seen continually rage. And I stay away from those people.

My point is, is that if you made it a point to adjust your own attitude, you might see the attitude of those around you change as well.

I'm not calling you out as a rager. Far from it, I've had very little games with you. This is just more general advice to all those out there who deal with this issue similarly.

You will never be able to control anyone else's attitude, only your own. Be the change you want to see in other people.

12345 ... 6