What has S3 done to Dominion? (Haven't played in a long time)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shoopman

03-05-2013

I haven't played Dominion seriously since shortly after Darius came out (for obvious reasons) and was wondering if anything significant has changed with the S3 changes. I played tank blitz 95% of the time, is he still considered a good pick? I'm most curious about tank itemization changes. I would generally get boots, frozen heart, odyn's, manamune/trinity, and some item with lots of HP. Any changes I should make?

Finally, how did the Darius nerf impact his annoyance level in Dominion? I don't think he's OP, but on Dominion he sure as hell is and it was not fun at all to play against.

Chaosos

03-05-2013

Darius is only OP in blinds, since you can't counterpick him there. Other than that the ult Nerf sorta hit him. Blitz is good if you know how to play him well. Look at late game sr blitz builds for what to build. Oh, and revive is mandatory if you didn't know

Shoopman

03-05-2013

I'm good on all the basics, I got pretty into Dominion a while back and my Blitz has yet to let me down. Mostly wondering if I am now forced to use the HP stacking method of tanking or if I can stick to resistances because burst mages and ADCs really aren't all that great in dominion save for a few exceptions.

Torkable

03-05-2013

I can't remember if it would have happened before or after you took the break but probably the most note-worthy change imo would be the global aura change. They took off both the magic and armor pen making pen items must buy and the general strat is to stack them as hard as you can.

Shoopman

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torkable View Post
I can't remember if it would have happened before or after you took the break but probably the most note-worthy change imo would be the global aura change. They took off both the magic and armor pen making pen items must buy and the general strat is to stack them as hard as you can.
If that's the case, my old build would be less effective since it is resistance heavy. I basically need a way to hit at least 20% CDR, as well as having enough health to live a long time and troll people. Something like frozen fist, hextech sweeper (if it's still in dominion, lolwiki says it is but it is known to be wrong sometimes) and then randuins and odyns most likely. I'll try it out later.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
If that's the case, my old build would be less effective since it is resistance heavy. I basically need a way to hit at least 20% CDR, as well as having enough health to live a long time and troll people. Something like frozen fist, hextech sweeper (if it's still in dominion, lolwiki says it is but it is known to be wrong sometimes) and then randuins and odyns most likely. I'll try it out later.
Darius is really good champion still, a ADC hunter for sure with the exception of Quinn she will beat you dont even try, unless you go tanky, IMO tanky build the better, i faced a Darius who was going for the same build as me(sanguine,infinity blade,lastwhisper) and i killed him like 4 times with Quinn in the same match, he thought he really can kill me 1v1, the sad thing is most the time i had less health, there was one Skirmish where varus 100%comes to me i just challenged him killed him got to 50% health after he was dead , then Darius comes rushing me and i just vaulted waited till he got close blinded him and before blind was up he was dead.Im not even that experiance playing ADC and Quinn just so your aware she is tough 1v1 for any Melee bruiser. Lee Sin Counter her amazing though.

Redeemed In Fire

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoopman View Post
I haven't played Dominion seriously since shortly after Darius came out (for obvious reasons) and was wondering if anything significant has changed with the S3 changes. I played tank blitz 95% of the time, is he still considered a good pick? I'm most curious about tank itemization changes. I would generally get boots, frozen heart, odyn's, manamune/trinity, and some item with lots of HP. Any changes I should make?

Finally, how did the Darius nerf impact his annoyance level in Dominion? I don't think he's OP, but on Dominion he sure as hell is and it was not fun at all to play against.
With the S3 changes he fell from god tier and then the nerf just wrecked him. Way too vulnerable to kiting IMO and unless you can guarantee a dunk chain you may as well act like you have no ult.

In general, burst mages are better than you might think, and there are several viable ADCs as well. Just needs the right comp.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

funny how ppl always tell you there are viable champions yet never tell you who those champs are

i'm just saying

Warmeat

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
funny how ppl always tell you there are viable champions yet never tell you who those champs are

i'm just saying
every Champion is Viable with a good Comp, this is rather obvious.the biggest differance in Dominion is Team fights there often and aplenty so Comp is the most important part, you need 1 or 2 tanky guys at the very least and everyone else can be whatever they want, whats my logic? a tank goes in first, top people try to kill him, before he dies your 3 teamates of whatever champions have a better chance at killing those guys and then taking the node. ADC's work great Supporting a tank this way and so do ranged AP's do i want 4 tanks going top who cant kill anything? nope, that why people who complain about X champion or Y Champion i laugh because, Dominion you sometimes will be 2v1 guys or 3v1 catching guys with no health for easy kills in middle of map, and ninja nodes there so many ways to win that 1 guy running around melting anything in his path doesnt matter you can win by good teamwork and smart play. Diana is a good example later in the game after she has 3 to 4 items she is so dominating but it can be to late when score is against her and she cant be everywhere taking nodes. good teamwork is the key.

Redeemed In Fire

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post

i'm just saying
Fizz, LeBlanc, Annie (though she serves CDR fire machine role instead of burst), Brand.