Help With Ezreal Builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mazen

03-05-2013

Hey Everyone,

I'm a fairly new player and recently bought the champion Ezreal.
I like playing as him a lot but my only problem is I don't know any
efficient builds for him, it would be great if you could leave me
some suggestions, any help is appreciated.

Sorry if I am posting in the wrong forum section.

Sincerely,
Rexire

Quicksi1ver

03-05-2013

Ez has been my favorite champion for a couple years now, and naturally his build has changed over that time. My current build is to shoot for the Bloodthirster(BF sword and vampiric scepter) for your first big item. Start with boots, especially since you are new. Ezreal is very very good at being mobile but only when you become fluent with using your arcane shift to flash over walls and do other tricky things. Besides this he is very easy to kill. So, when the game starts..
1.buy boots and health pots
2. last hit minions as best you can, this is IMPERATIVE. Last hitting takes practice but it is something you need to master.
3. Once you have 1550 go b and get the bf sword. If you die before you hit this mark, hopefully you have 800 and can get the vampiric scepter, if you have around 500, buy a doran's blade, you need SOMETHING.
4. Keep focused on last hitting and farming. Try not to waste any time. The next item i build is the Zeal(1175g) which builds into the phantom dancer(as well as others). Work into finishing the Phantom Dancer.
5. At this point, with a BT and PD, you can do some real damage. But remember, you get stacks of attack dmg and lifesteal from the BT, which you will lose a portion of on death, so above ALL,keep yourself alive.
6, A very popular item among Ad carries is the blade of the ruined king. It has great stats, attack dmg, lifesteal, and attack speed, while also has a VERY nice active(doing 25% of health in phys damage). This is a great item to build(many build it first), but ONLY if you remember to use the active. For a new player, this can be a tough hotkey to remember to use, so this may not be a good idea for you. Instead, you should build towards an Infinity Edge(Super damage Super expensive 3800). If you are having trouble farming this kind of cash, i recommend the randuins hurricane. Many experienced players will not get this, but if you are not as good at last hitting, THIS will help GREATLY.
7. At this point, you should have boots(sometime upgrade to beserkers greaves, or i like boots of swiftness for survivability), a bloodthirster, phantom dancer, and then an IE or Randuins hurricane.
8. The final item. If you didn't get an IE get one. If you did, the final slot is situation. Press TAB to see the other teams items. If they have a decent to a lot of armor, get last whisper. If yalou are dying a lot, get a guardian angel or a warmogs(yes its OK and actually good to get warmogs on ad carry). If you have a TON of cash, get yoself a TRinity Force, and become Super Ez.

Cynical Manatee

03-05-2013

This is an alternate build i use for ezreal.
in a nut shell. doran or longsword+2 pots off the fountain
build manamune
iceborn gauntlet
Last whisper
The Bloodthister
Warmogs/Ga
get Ionian boots of Lucidity after manamune to help charge the mana. you want to spam an auto attack or q every 4 seconds until you get muramana.

this build is focused on using your Q as your primary damage. you just want to poke as hard as you can until 3 or 4 stacks on your passive before jumping into a teamfight. this build focuses on a Hard hitting burst rather than your traditional sustain damage ADC. my view on ez is that because you have a 4 seconds 1100 range poke, you should use it... A LOT.
this build cost's less in terms of saving a huge wad of cash before going to buy. still try to farm as much as you can. buy tear of the godess first, then you can use your Q to farm without worrying too much on Mana.

Mazen

03-06-2013

Thanks for your help! I'm going to try these builds out in my next few games.

Lil Miss Lori

03-06-2013

I also just recently bought Ezreal, but in bot games, found myself super squishy. I guess it just takes more practice to keep him alive?

Mabagsik

03-06-2013

@FallenLorelie Well Ezreal is an adc, this role relies on positioning, mobility and awareness (map, champion strengths and weaknesses [Both your allied champs and the enemy champs])

As for building Ezreal (or any adc for that matter) this what I find to be the most BASIC early game build.
Boots (start)
3 hp potion (start)
2 Doran's Blade
Long Sword > Vampiric Scepter

Mid game (Only for Ezreal now):
Boots > Berzerker's Boots
Sheen + Glacial Shroud > Iceborn Gauntlet (Frozen Fist)
Zeal > Statikk Shiv
B.F. Sword > Blood Thrister
2 Doran's Blades (These may be sold if and ONLY if you can buy any of the above items by selling them)

Late Game (Again, only for Ezreal)
Berzerker Boots > Homeguard enchantment
BloodThrister
Statikk Shiv
Iceborn Gauntlet (Frozen Fist)
Guardian Angel
??? (The last item is up to the player since the game you're playing may require you to get Magic Resist, Armor or even Health[Mercurial Scimitar, Thorn Mail and Frozen Mallet respectively])

This is what I find most Ezreals build in my games.
Just keep in mind, you're an adc.
You MAY NOT be in the front lines like a tank
You MAY NOT jump into the the enemy team and expect to survive without your team behind you
You MAY stand behind your team and unleash insane amounts of damage
You MAY poke the enemy team with Ezreal's tool kit

Guineasaurus Rex

03-06-2013

Ezreal is great because you don't just have to play him one way or another. Most people play him as adc but he can also do really well as ap mid. Playing him as ap is a little more difficult because all your damage is dependent on you landing skill shots but if you land a e>w>q combo on a champ you could easily bring them to 50%-10% hp depending on the champ and how farmed you are. As with playing ez as adc save your e as an escape unless you're going in for a gank or you know that you'll be able to escape without it. Anyway this is my current build for ap ez

Dorans ring > then when i have the gold i back for sheen + boots > lich bane > cd reduction boots > needless large rod into deatchap > rylais or hourglass

depending on your needs you can get either rylais or hourglass first but i try to get both by the end for extra survivability

i use ap runes and use ghost and flash to for escapes and positioning during team fights

if you can land your skill shots and save your ult for when their team is grouped up, be ready to be at the top of the dmg charts, leaving everyone else far behind

Noogleburg

03-16-2013

I suck