Bring Back THe Old Twisted Tree?

Yes 39 70.91%
No 16 29.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Old Twisted Tree

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sam

03-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by spikerk712 View Post
Their are soo many reason the old one was better
1. The bases that are in the new one make it harder to come back.
2. The bases in the new one make it so that the worse team can win because if you get those which ever team has them wins making it unfair.
3. Those bases once taken stay on that teams side for basically the whole game.
4. If the old one was back we could have more choice instead of riots few choices of game types they give.
5. The old one allowed you to get any thing from the store you wanted which let people have more fun.
6. The old one was more fun because it lasted longer.
7. The dragon in the old one was easy enough to beat and gave you a good boost.
8. The old game allowed teams to actually stay in their spots for the start of the game. Now everyone just runs around the map.
See 8 and thats not even all of them.
I think riot is really dumb they never asked the players what they wanted and they are not listening because so many people say they hate the new game. Therefore these points dont even matter because riot is terrible and wont even think of the players.
It's their company, who asked for the changes for s3? They did it upon themselves. Anyways.

1. So you like the turtling affect?
2. "bases in the new one make it so that the worse team can win? What are you trying to say, because you cannot turtle as good as you can in the old TT, if you take one inhib in the old one early game, you would lose the game really hard.
3. That's pretty much like the old TT.
4. More choices? There are already a very small majority of LoL players playing 3s, what makes you think people would like more choices for the 3v3 side of LoL. Get longer que times?
5. I don't even know where you are going here.
6. Last longer? Sure, if the opponents are going to beat you from early advantages (free win) and bully you for 20-30 minutes, I guess that makes it longer.
7. Dragon in the old one buff was good, but making it easy so you can abuse it and snowball? No.
8. Old game doesn't make you stay on the spot, it actually makes you give up when you are down first blood and lose all control of your jungle.

k, my rant is done.

Wrathofrecca

03-08-2013

I'm actually glad the old TTL is dead. No, sorry, I don't like the same 4 champions only being viable outside of retarded combos like jax, nunu, vayne or anything nunu vayne. Oh, and 20-30 minute games are JUST fine too. k thx bye

WashedLaundry

03-08-2013

Quote:
Their are soo many reason the old one was better
1. The bases that are in the new one make it harder to come back.
Yes because having every losing team simply turtle for the rest of the match was so fun and exciting.

That change was explicitly made so it's harder to come back because people would just turtle if they got behind and could be successful for it.

Quote:
2. The bases in the new one make it so that the worse team can win because if you get those which ever team has them wins making it unfair.
i

what

if you're referring to the altars and are losing, maybe you should start prioritizing them more. did you know they give 10% ap/ad when you have both? that's quite a lot late game!

Quote:
3. Those bases once taken stay on that teams side for basically the whole game.
not really

Quote:
4. If the old one was back we could have more choice instead of riots few choices of game types they give.
Keeping my personal opinion out of it, you know how riot feels about map choices. They try to keep as few maps as possible because they don't want to divide the playerbase and have the gameplay be too shallow for metas to develop.

This doesn't even objectively say that the old map is better so you only had 7.

Quote:
5. The old one allowed you to get any thing from the store you wanted which let people have more fun.
the new one gives you zhonya's ring.

i mean, what of value is even disabled anyway? i think the only significant one is that overlord's bloodmail is garbage and that's in place of warmog's. that's about it.

oh, you mean wards? unlimited wards would be stupid on this map.

Quote:
6. The old one was more fun because it lasted longer.
i've played PLENTY of 40-50 minute games in new 3s.

Quote:
7. The dragon in the old one was easy enough to beat and gave you a good boost.
i do feel as if the reward for vilemaw is pretty underwhelming for the challenge it presents. i don't think that it's worse because it's more challenging though. for the map's equivalent to baron, it's pretty stupid to have people soloing it easily.

Quote:
8. The old game allowed teams to actually stay in their spots for the start of the game. Now everyone just runs around the map.
you can stand by towers too. nearly every game i played in old 3s demanded people run to the middle brush in bot lane or hide in the brush entering bot lane.

Quote:
I think riot is really dumb they never asked the players what they wanted and they are not listening because so many people say they hate the new game. Therefore these points dont even matter because riot is terrible and wont even think of the players.
except they are

old 3s had it share of problems too. its jungle was weird, if not sporadic and random (seriously randomized buff camps in top jungle was bad). ebonmaw was a tad easy, people could turtle forever, and the walls made it really easy for champions with gap closers to get through. new 3s helped with nearly all of that. i think my only personal compaint is i've hated what they've done with that shrine point in the middle of the map. the speed shrine was stupid as is the health relic now.

TrolololTheTroll

03-09-2013

**** riot bring back TT

TrolololTheTroll

03-09-2013

bump

spikerk712

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's their company, who asked for the changes for s3? They did it upon themselves. Anyways.

1. So you like the turtling affect?
2. "bases in the new one make it so that the worse team can win? What are you trying to say, because you cannot turtle as good as you can in the old TT, if you take one inhib in the old one early game, you would lose the game really hard.
3. That's pretty much like the old TT.
4. More choices? There are already a very small majority of LoL players playing 3s, what makes you think people would like more choices for the 3v3 side of LoL. Get longer que times?
5. I don't even know where you are going here.
6. Last longer? Sure, if the opponents are going to beat you from early advantages (free win) and bully you for 20-30 minutes, I guess that makes it longer.
7. Dragon in the old one buff was good, but making it easy so you can abuse it and snowball? No.
8. Old game doesn't make you stay on the spot, it actually makes you give up when you are down first blood and lose all control of your jungle.

k, my rant is done.
1. The turtle affect as you call it made it so that people were not promoted for just being lucky and running out to kill. They instead had to be patient and plan a strategy to kill while being defensive. However, now if you have both bases the buff is strong enough to allow you to go out and kill even with a turret up.
2. That is not true in the old one i played games where all but one turret was down and would still come back. Now if you have both bases for long enough it is basically and automatic win.
3. The old one did not have bases so I would like you to clarify how they are related.
4. Do you know how many people complain that their are not enough maps and the queue waiting time is not long.
5. Im talking about the ban on warmocks armor and guardian angel.
6. Their were more comebacks in the old one.
7. That is why their are wards to prevent that snowball.
8. Not true people always designated top or bottom now its like ill be bottom but im going to hide in the woods to get the bases.
Plus dont forget the fact that the majority of people miss the old 3v3 so why not give them what they want riot is dumb for taking what the people ask for away no matter how afraid they are that it looks like SR

spikerk712

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrathofrecca View Post
I'm actually glad the old TTL is dead. No, sorry, I don't like the same 4 champions only being viable outside of retarded combos like jax, nunu, vayne or anything nunu vayne. Oh, and 20-30 minute games are JUST fine too. k thx bye
Ok now even less are viable basically if you are garen you automatically win 3v3. Plus more were viable then what you listed. just to name a few Amumu, shen, volibear, fidlesticks, ryze, ashe, teemo, cho, ect. Yes all of those are viable because I use to play them all and win.

spikerk712

03-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WashedLaundry View Post
Yes because having every losing team simply turtle for the rest of the match was so fun and exciting.

That change was explicitly made so it's harder to come back because people would just turtle if they got behind and could be successful for it.

i

what

if you're referring to the altars and are losing, maybe you should start prioritizing them more. did you know they give 10% ap/ad when you have both? that's quite a lot late game!

not really

Keeping my personal opinion out of it, you know how riot feels about map choices. They try to keep as few maps as possible because they don't want to divide the playerbase and have the gameplay be too shallow for metas to develop.

This doesn't even objectively say that the old map is better so you only had 7.

the new one gives you zhonya's ring.

i mean, what of value is even disabled anyway? i think the only significant one is that overlord's bloodmail is garbage and that's in place of warmog's. that's about it.

oh, you mean wards? unlimited wards would be stupid on this map.

i've played PLENTY of 40-50 minute games in new 3s.

i do feel as if the reward for vilemaw is pretty underwhelming for the challenge it presents. i don't think that it's worse because it's more challenging though. for the map's equivalent to baron, it's pretty stupid to have people soloing it easily.

you can stand by towers too. nearly every game i played in old 3s demanded people run to the middle brush in bot lane or hide in the brush entering bot lane.

except they are

old 3s had it share of problems too. its jungle was weird, if not sporadic and random (seriously randomized buff camps in top jungle was bad). ebonmaw was a tad easy, people could turtle forever, and the walls made it really easy for champions with gap closers to get through. new 3s helped with nearly all of that. i think my only personal compaint is i've hated what they've done with that shrine point in the middle of the map. the speed shrine was stupid as is the health relic now.
1. see past post.
2. That is the point they give too much and if the enemy team gets them once they are now strong enough to keep them.
3. Ya and the fact that riot does not like making new maps has been something players have hated for years.
3. No I clearly mean Warmocks armor.
4. And of all those long games you played were they ever comebacks no they are the other team prolonging the game.
5. Im not saying get rid of the new one I am saying bring back the old
6. I am sorry if I have not answered all of what you said it was in an extremely confusing format clarify and I will answer.

Demacry

03-09-2013

Quote:
1. see past post.
2. That is the point they give too much and if the enemy team gets them once they are now strong enough to keep them.
3. Ya and the fact that riot does not like making new maps has been something players have hated for years.
3. No I clearly mean Warmocks armor.
4. And of all those long games you played were they ever comebacks no they are the other team prolonging the game.
5. Im not saying get rid of the new one I am saying bring back the old
6. I am sorry if I have not answered all of what you said it was in an extremely confusing format clarify and I will answer.
God you lot love to whine.

*erased rant*

Look it's obvious you're just going to butch and moan no matter what anyone says, despite everyone arguing with opinions; so let's examine the facts. Riot is not going to re-release the old map, you don't have to play this map if it isn't fun for you, you are under no contractual agreement to stick with LoL.

/thread

Gezomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-11-2013

for the one and only reason of the base design in old tt was dumb as hell, pls dont bring it back, pulling minions into fountain for 45 minutes was the stupidest possible thing in all of gaming.... that said i had a lot of fun on old tt, a couple tweaks to base design, standardize the top jungle, make ebonmaw more difficult, it was way to easy, and it would be fun, but i dont see it coming back, and im not to worried, the new tt is more fun anyways... and garen = insta win, who ever said that needs punched in the face for lack of inteligence