Hiring Experienced Game Designers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KightSpawn

04-07-2013

I play league and i am a computer animation major at my school i work in texturing 3d models and character designs and modeling. I also missed the internship date my question is do i quaily to work at Riot.

KickButtLlama

04-08-2013

Already shaping my highschool and college academics for this job >

Ansaa

04-08-2013

Im 16 years old and Im a master at terraining xD

I helped run Azeroth Wars: Legacy Reborn, one of the few successful Warcraft 3 custom games a while ago. I think its still coughing up blood waiting to die somewhere years later

EnergyNova

04-08-2013

I'm 16, can I apply for anything here, like intern?

exes4eyes

04-09-2013

Step 1: get hired at Riot
Step 2: fix Heimerdinger, Gangplank, Fiora, Jax, Karma, LeBlanc, Poppy, Rammus, Rengar, Sejuani, Talon, and Viktor -- making them viable in solo-queue if not in competitive play.
Step 3: ???????
Step 4: get fired for fixing champions.

xSpanionx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-09-2013

Plz open up shop on the east coast US!! I'd gladly apply.

HeroicCookie

04-09-2013

Just started school for Game Development last Fall. Maybe I can figure something out for internship in 2014, but I don't think I am good enough to qualify. What would be a good thing for me to learn over the next year to improve my chances?

Catches Axes

04-17-2013

Zilean, Morello, or anyone else qualified to answer:

How does Riot handle side projects?

I've got a pair of projects in the works, both of which I ultimately expect to make money off of, both of which I'm working with small teams to bring to life. I'm debating putting another resume in (you've seen my resume before!) simply because the game's so awesome, what I've seen of the team is so awesome, and I'd be excited to work there and passionate about the product - fully committed and available full time, and more than full time in emergency situations, as you'd expect for any employee - but I honestly expect to make more money through these projects than I would make working a full time job in the LA area, even if you do pay better than normal. If it's either/or, I'll stick with what I'm doing now, for sure.

I'm not sure I could make the logistics work anyway, but before I sit down to try and solve those problems, I figured I'd check in and see if it's even worth thinking about.