Hiring Experienced Game Designers

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ManBearPig916

03-15-2013

I've had experience writing some complicated mathematical algorithms in MATLAB and some simple code in C++. Beyond that, I have minimal coding experience. I have a bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering, and no work experience. My confidence in being chosen by you for game design is really low. I LOVE video games and would LOVE to be a part of the creation process, though. I have an engineering, analytical mindset, and I understand coding to some simple extent. What is your opinion on entry level positions and introducing people in to the game design field? Would you take a newb, or are your jobs for experienced persons only? I'd like to start my career, and I would enjoy game design. I'll browse the openings after my shift tonight.

I would love to do something with numbers. I could learn if trained well. What do you say?

Morello

Lead Designer

03-15-2013
48 of 53 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Number I View Post
This was never answered and I'd be very interested.
We hire voice actors like all companies - through their agents/organizations/other acting contracting services. This is almost how all voice actors operate, whether in SAG or not.

asdfghjkl 7

03-15-2013

I hear Jay Wilson is available.

Knite16

03-15-2013

Hey Zileas,

I've sent you an e-mail on LinkedIn since I won't be down at GDC this year. I've been in the industry about 3 years now and I'm very interested in talking about these positions. Have a good weekend!

Drejul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-15-2013

14+ years of DotA/LoL should be enough of a resume

Futality

03-15-2013

I looked at the list and didn't see anything regarding a music internship, for composing, etc.

When do you think you'd ever have an openning in the music department? Unfortunately i'm only a freshman college student, though.

nikonator65

03-16-2013

cool

L33t ArchangelZ

03-16-2013

i have an idea ive been trying to get through to riot but for some reason im getting no kind of response about even though you say you pay attention to the forums

BergMeister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-16-2013

I tried for art.... I'm not good enough yet ]:

Esneyd

03-16-2013

hola se k este no es el shad indicado pero agradeseria me explicaran el pork me kitaron todo el honor k abia ganado ya k era bastante y haora no tengo nada muchas gracias por contestar