Top 10 Mistakes at Bronze League

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damanzi

03-05-2013

"Lets push mid dont waste baron" "no, i only need 200 gold for xx item *starts jungling*"

Simba Pridelands

03-05-2013

i learned alot from this

Xaephros

03-05-2013

As a silver player, one more thing that really irritates me is when we decimate a teamfight, but my entire team tries to chase that one bruiser who escaped at half health rather than go for Baron or an inhib. Essentially throwing a way a free advantage just for one extra number in your KDA.

Skilliard

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaephros View Post
As a silver player, one more thing that really irritates me is when we decimate a teamfight, but my entire team tries to chase that one bruiser who escaped at half health rather than go for Baron or an inhib. Essentially throwing a way a free advantage just for one extra number in your KDA.
Yeah this is a common issue in bronze as well. It's a bit hard to estimate how long it'll take to reach them though. I mean if you can grab them in 5 secs maybe, but if its gonna take mindlessly chasing though the jungle for like a minute before they get away or finally die then it isn't.

ThePlagu3

03-05-2013

I only wish that most of the baddies in bronze could read this. As someone desperately trying to get out, I appreciate this.

Defending my own adc is something that I definitely need to be more aware of. By far THE most frustrating thing for me though has been people chasing unnecessarily, usually leading to a combination of mistakes you mentioned, and them simply feeding.

My Desired Name

03-05-2013

Everyone needs to see this thread ASAP. I see these mistakes occuring way too often, and I'm currently in Silver III.

gelopogas

03-05-2013

I just wanted to say thank you, I knew that I was making at least 4 of these mistakes each game. I have yet to start ranked, I am a level 30 and have only played for 3 months or so, but I believe that reading what I am doing wrong has taught me quite a bit, I cant wait to play a game and see what stopping these habbits can do.

Again, thank you

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

#1,2,3.... I see too much of. I personally hate #1 as a support. If everyone dies in a teamfight and I cannot get away afterwards, most of the wards on the map will probably fall. Once they are down, it is unsafe to set up new ones (alone) if you don't know where the enemy is.

If the team refuses to group up, I feel torn if I should go out alone to ward, or leave the jungle black. If I ward, I could potentially die and lose the game for my team even if I play very safe by warding ahead over walls. If I don't then my team cannot make plays using the extra vision and may die+ lose the game as a result.

#5 is soo true.

#7 is a personal pet peeve. As support I always defend the adc (unless they don't deal any damage due to poor itemization). As an adc I cry as 2 bruisers/ assassins walk through my team and mutilate me as I try to kite (orb-walking/ shooting over walls) to deal with their gap-closers.

#9 is my main issue. I think I will live so I don't flash, then find out it would have saved me. Later on I might flash even if I didn't have to. The thing is, sometimes you flash and survive ignite with 2hp because your shield came up just in time.

Skiller Specific

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verath View Post
I don't know why not having complete map awareness all the time makes people bad. I'm trying to focus on waiting or making an opening so I can kill the opposing laner or last hitting, how do you expect me to do that when I'm constantly looking away towards the other two lanes?

It literally takes someone 10-15 seconds to change lane to gank, am i really supposed to keep checking to make sure everyone is in lane every 10 seconds?
Map awareness has to do with watching the mini map, not necessarily clicking your view over. By doing so, you can see when the enemy champions are not visible and be more aware of your surroundings. "Map awareness" also refers to understanding what paths the enemy champions may take to get to you, what objectives (ie dragon, blue buff, red buff) and where they may be at any given time.

Skilliard

03-05-2013

bump, streaming to show how to apply this.