Top 10 Mistakes at Bronze League

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmniEnder

03-12-2013

+1 for a well written and honest approach of small adjustments that can make a big difference in the bronze teir! As a low level silver player I often find myself and team mates making similar mistakes and have seen every one of these while watching diamond streams too... its the little things man, the little things.

Griftrix

Senior Animation Engineer

03-12-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is a great post. Thank you for making it. I think it will help me

The Cookie

03-12-2013

OMG , right below Griftrix! The post helped me out a lot too!

Skilliard

03-12-2013

my ult wont work...

Baxter900

03-12-2013

Riot, you should sticky this.

Skilliard

03-12-2013

really bad game as kayle, never again

Imaginationz

03-12-2013

no i think it's the attitude and rage, afk and trolls i assume.....
i've never been bronze but i know a lot of games are lost due to attitudes

Tshockz

03-12-2013

Thanks for posting this should definately be helpful for getting out of bronze.

limbrok

03-12-2013

Really great post. I think these are some great tips for any ELO to read and keep fresh in their head, even those higher than Bronze. These mistakes maybe are not as common the higher up in ELO you go, but they still do happen!

--

On top of that, I think knowing the list you've provided will help more from Silver to Gold than Bronze to Silver. I find that the differences between divisions is that Bronze players typically a poor laners where Silver/Gold players are poor team players.

If you are Bronze and can team fight well, but find that you end up doing poorly during lane phase, ask yourself questions like:

1) Are you dying 1v1? The general rule of thumb is to never die 1v1. If you are dying 1v1 frequently, you are probably engaging or reacting in bad fights. Never fight someone when they have a large minion wave pushing. Minions do a LOT of damage and a lot of people will get confused when they lose a fight that they thought they could win (and most times they can!). Minions will probably account for anywhere from 20-50% of your health lost. Similarly, try to bait enemy laners into fighting in your minion waves. Minions are your friends! If this is not your problem, then perhaps you are not warding good enough -- which brings me to my next point!

2) Am I buying enough wards or any wards at all? Not only will this prevent ganks, but when laners try to abuse bush vision to kill you, or you are playing against Stealth champions (aka the ever popular Akali), wards not only become ways to keep yourself safe but can be used aggressively to ensure kills. This applies mostly to bot and top lane. NEVER give your opponent the advantage by letting them go unseen for even 1 second in a bush. This 1 second gives them crucial time for cooldowns and could spell death for you even if you are ahead in a 1v1 brawl. Becoming a strong warder not only makes you a great laner, but also a great team player and is an important skill throughout the entire game. LEARN IT.

3) Do I have adequate runes and masteries for my role and/or champion? Am I building the right items to not only support my output, but also deny the enemy champion? A lot of Bronze tier players will argue that they are great players, but their runes/masteries/skill paths, etc. will often be flawed. Do some research if you must, but runes, masteries, and general champion knowledge are all extremely important. If you don't have a particular page for a role that you sometimes end up doing, start by buying cheap Tier 1 runes to fill the page until you get enough IP to replace the pages with Tier 3 runes. NEVER buy Tier 2 runes. They are cost inefficient. Also, sometimes you are accustomed to maxing a certain skill on a champion, but due to changes in their gameplay at some point or even in certain matchups, it may be best to skill something else up. Do the research, ask a friend, or ask the forums!

--

Being a great team player will ultimately get you further in this game than being a great laner, but doing well early game in your 1v1 situations (or 2v2 if you like to play bot lane) only sets you up for success later on in the game. There are SO many tips that people can give players, and a lot of this I feel like a lot of people know, it's just the fact that having this knowledge told to you (sometimes even repeatedly) is necessary to help.

Great post and good luck everyone in your ELO climb.

DriednWashedUp

03-12-2013

so darn true