Razer launches League of Legends mouse & mousepad

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

darkhellion111

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

too bad the naga hex looks infinitely better then this one, pair that with a better looking mouse pad and you have a better setup to play with.

Shardicus

03-06-2013

I was gonna buy it 'cause it looks groovy as hel... But I don't want to spend a hundred bucks on a mouse.

That's just silly. :[

Z The Slayer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Just got the original Naga, same exact design; just different colors. The hex numbers feel very comfortable and natural, and the raised center keeps you from accidentally pressing numbers.

Unfortunately, I find that the mouse is a little bit too small for me, but I have decently big hands, so...

And for those of you complaining on the price, IT'S A FRICKIN' GAMING MOUSE. Geez. How much did you expect to pay? The original is $70. $20 more for a League mousepad and mouse design? Sounds totally reasonable Probably even comes with a few riot points.

darkjak

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMeddle View Post
Looks pretty cool for pings and such, but I would rather use the keyboard for abilites.
You do realize your ping is right next your summoner abilties?

11DeathStalker

03-06-2013

$90 is way too much.

Gravitas

03-06-2013

Man, I just bought a Hex last month too >.<

Katsuni

03-06-2013

When I first heard about the mouse on the PVP.net client, I thought to myself "they had better have thumb buttons for my items like my current mouse".

Then I was pleased when I saw they did!

Then I was horribly let down when I realized there was no realistic way to actually press half of the buttons intentionally, and would likely lead to misusing items frequently.

I would suggest, for your next attempt, to think about the placement of the thumb, and the location of the control the user has in hitting particular locations without pressing other buttons by accident due to the shape of the thumb.

For instance, having all the buttons the same size and shape, spaced out evenly is probably the single worst possible way to do this.

To replace this, I would advise two groups of three buttons; three along the top of the thumb with the left and right buttons smaller, yet raised, and the middle button larger but a bit lower, so it's easy to tell by feel exactly which button is being pressed, and highly unlikely to hit the wrong button in the process of doing so.

In any case, the idea was interesting, but the implementation does not look like you'd be able to make proper use of all the buttons on a regular basis. I'll stick to my logitech mouse with a larger number of useful buttons =P

Baelfrost

03-06-2013

Well I am a little disappointed. Saw this last night and I was like cool, I will go put the extra money I need into my checking account to get them. Get off of work. Put money in checking account. Go to Razer. Sold out. FML.

But I will be buying these. Pricey...maybe, but I have wanted to try out Razer products for awhile (usually stick with logitech), and I figured I love LoL, so sure I will splurg. Now I just have to wait!

TheCowness

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
Then I was horribly let down when I realized there was no realistic way to actually press half of the buttons intentionally, and would likely lead to misusing items frequently.
My brother's got their MMO mouse with twelve buttons on the side, and I can't imagine myself using that, for the reasons you just posted. When I was shopping for a mouse a couple weeks ago I wanted one that only had four (one on each side of my thumb), but I ended up buying a Hex, and I like it. Two of the buttons are a lot easier to hit than the other four, but once I get more used to it (I still don't even remember I've got buttons on the side most of the time...) I'm sure I'll be able to use all of the buttons I care to just fine.

Lord Lucifer

03-06-2013

....Seriously? king tryndmere skin?? giving such an old skin for a collector's edition mouse that cost 90$??