Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

How to farm?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ReasonOfNsanity

11-01-2010

Hi i just DLed this game yesterday and i was wanting to know how to farm and what would be the best champ to do it with(for less than 6k)

Stillhart

11-01-2010

If you're talking about farming IP, the best way to do it is probably get in a practice game with others vs bots. Beat the game in over 11 minutes (under 11m you get no IP) and get your 71 IP. You can do this repeatedly until L11 when it limits to 6 per day, after which you get no IP for practice games.

Of course if you play normal games, you get that many IP just for losing (potentially MUCH more for winning with first win of the day bouns) and you also learn how to play. The downside is that it takes longer per game.

R66Y

11-01-2010

to start, try using a ranged champ. They can farm more easily since they don't have to wander into melee range and expose themselves to harassment from enemy champs. Focus on last hitting creeps, don't just auto-attack them. Let your own creeps do the bulk of the damage then fire off a shot when the creep gets low enough (this takes practice, but the best players will last hit just about every creep, so it is possible). TO keep from auto-attacking, just keep your champ moving. This will prevent them from just attacking the nearest target, maintain range with the creeps (you can miss CS if you are constantly running up to last hit), and make you a more difficult target for your opponent to hit with skillshots.

You can get tristana for free (friend Riot in facebook) and ashe for very cheap, both are excellent ranged champs that can help you practice farming.

ReasonOfNsanity

11-01-2010

what is the point of buying ashe does the champs change every so often or do you get first pick of that champ or do you get any skin for buying them?

Sylph

Recruiter

11-01-2010

Quote:
ReasonOfNsanity:
what is the point of buying ashe does the champs change every so often or do you get first pick of that champ or do you get any skin for buying them?

Champion rotation occurs once every week. Each week players get to use 10 new champions, the previous 10 become unavailable etc. If you unlock a champion using Influence Points (IP) or Riot Ponits (RP) - they are permanently unlocked for you and available to summon whenever you wish.

Here is a link to the latest champion rotation effective today 11/01/2010: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=3792992#post3792992

Champion Skins are available separately, they are purchased using Riot Points (RP). Visit the store in the PvP.net browser for more information.

Tipzntrix

11-01-2010

To farm IP:

get 1 friend

Pick Janna and Master Yi

face Soraka and SIvir Bots on Summoner's Rift

Go bottom lane, skill howling gale and Eye of the storm on Janna, and Alpha Strike and Wuju Style on Master Yi. Grab Teleport on both, Clarity on Janna, Heal on Master Yi.

Just push the lane and win.

Make sure the game lasts 11 minutes or you won't get IP.

Cast?el

11-05-2010

Another awesome way to farm even under a turret.

FIRST, hit the targeted minion. SECOND, let the turret hit the minion. THIRD, hit again to last hit.

DarnienHero

11-05-2010

I'm at lvl 16 with 68 losses and 63 wins, should I know how to last Hit by now? Because I dont see people doing that on the games I play.

OctoberSky

11-05-2010

Quote:
DarnienHero:
I'm at lvl 16 with 68 losses and 63 wins, should I know how to last Hit by now? Because I dont see people doing that on the games I play.

You most certainly should. Unfortunately - last hitting is a dying art form, but it really does add up. Most people just stand an autoattack. This is just dumb. A - it pushes the creep wave too fast (allowing for ganks from behind) and B - your likelihood of "last hit" while doing auto attacking is nill.

Another thing, in MOST cases do NOT use skills to last hit. Waste of mana/energy, save that stuff for harassing champions to keep them off the creeps. (For new players, a BIG exception to this rule is Nasus. His "Q" is made to last hit, do it every time you can!)

Gunflame

11-05-2010

Annie and Veigar also have "last hitting" spells. And don't get me started on Mordekaiser and Sivir's Ricochet or Vladimir's lifeleeching/sucking abilities.

There are many spells that can be used for farming, just gotta do it in a smart way