Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Whats the best Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nocturnal Lament

11-01-2010

Quote:
DawnIight:
I'm still in the process of learning the basics of this game, I've been watching some youtube videos and stuff trying to make my game a little better.

I'll probably take Garen, since he's more "Noob" friendly as stated

Not really more "noob" friendly, but his mechanics ARE somewhat easier to understand than other champs.

I'll be honest, I detest fighting a good Garen in the game, but I NEVER rage or cry OP. This game relies on teamwork, and if a team cannot coordinate a gank on a single character, then that teamwork is proven to be useless. That being said, Garen IS fun to play. His spinning attack reminds me of a certain class from a certain Blizzard game.

Best of luck in your decision.
Also, if you do not do well with your champ, don't fret. Some champs are easier to pick up for some people, and for others it may take a few games. Defeats don't necessarily mean you are bad at the game, it just means you have more learning to do. Well, that and team composition. It should be noted that if you're able to admit that you are still learning how to play a champ, then you are, at least in my eyes, a true professional. It is often stated, that the most intelligent person, is the person who admits he has much to learn.

Frank the Golem

11-01-2010

"Best" is a bad word. The "best" champion depends on lots of factors: how good you are with the champ, how much fun you have playing that champ, how well the champ works with the rest of your team, how well the champ works apart from the rest of your team, how well the champ works against the other team, what your goals are, etc.

Pick a champ who is fun, and start with some that are easy not to suck hard with. Garen certainly fits, and Ashe is not bad to learn on (frail but powerful and long range). Look at the champion profiles at the purple "Difficulty" bar; higher difficulty bars are on champions with whom it's tricky not to suck with. Each week they rotate the 10 free-to-play champions, so don't feel you have to invest immediately.

Play the field, date around; there will soon be 63 fish in this sea.

Nocturnal Lament

11-01-2010

Quote:
Frank the Golem:
"Best" is a bad word. The "best" champion depends on lots of factors.

Each week they rotate the 10 free-to-play champions, so don't feel you have to invest immediately.

This.

You, sir, are one of the most intelligent people I have come across in these forums.

OP, this person is speaking the truth. Champions are rotated every week, so please do not feel like you have to purchase any single champ right away.

1nsanemofo

11-01-2010

My suggestions for "easy" to learn characters, they have simple mechanics, and if used right are absolutely amazing, I'm only going to sugges a few for each "category" and by no means are any character I suggest a "noob" char

Physical Carries - Ashe, Tristana
Magic Carries - Annie, Veiger, Vladamir
Tanks - Shen, Rammus
"Off Tanks" (Characters with no real way to force attention to themselves(taunt, stun), but are capable of some pretty beefy damage along with good survivability) - Mord, Xin
Support - Sona, Janna
"Assassin" Characters (jump in at the right moment, clean up half dead chars/squishies with burst damage) - Kassadin, Akali
Jungle characters - Warwick, Udyr.

Theres a bit of an idea for most of the "archtypes" of characters LoL has, all of which have a fairly easy learning curve but room to improve

Auxesía

11-01-2010

Is the 10 rotation mean that next week other Champions will be on sale for cheaper?
I don't really understand.

Ziigmund

11-01-2010

If you like garen look up xin, pan, olaf, ww, tryn, shen, udyr. yi.

The easiest is probably garen and yi.
Hardest is probably tryn.

1nsanemofo

11-01-2010

Quote:
DawnIight:
Is the 10 rotation mean that next week other Champions will be on sale for cheaper?

No, no champions will cost less RP or IP, but every week 10 new champions are selected to play for free, to test them out, see if you like them, etc, it's the champions with the small "i" in the picture

Auxesía

11-01-2010

Quote:
1nsanemofo:
No, no champions will cost less RP or IP, but every week 10 new champions are selected to play for free, to test them out, see if you like them, etc, it's the champions with the small "i" in the picture

Ohh that's cool. Is there any F2P champions right now?

Ziigmund

11-01-2010

Quote:
DawnIight:
Ohh that's cool. Is there any F2P champions right now?

There are 10 F2P champs every week. It changes every week.

Nocturnal Lament

11-01-2010

Quote:
DawnIight:

The free rotation basically means, that every week, 10 champions will be unlocked for you to use and try out for that week. Think of it like the free movies one might be able to watch on Netflix, via the instant-queue.

For example, last week you could use the following champions:
Ashe, Cho'Gath, Janna, Taric, Twisted Fate, Veigar, Warwick, Zilean, Udyr, Galio

And this week, whether it be changed today or tomorrow, you will be able to "preview" another set of 10 champions.

If you wait a bit, the characters you want to test out MAY be on rotation. That way, if you wait, you can see if you truly like playing with said champion or not.