Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Whats the best Champion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Auxesía

11-01-2010

The title pretty much speaks for itself.
I'm fairly new the LoL, only been playing for 2 days and I've been saving my influence points, and I don't know which champion to use my points on.

Solaxee

11-01-2010

There is no "the best" champion

Cyony

11-01-2010

I suggest you spent your IP on searching and realising there is a f2p champion rotation everyweek for 10 champions.

Ragnyrok

11-01-2010

Evelynn.

But seriously, just find what playstyle you like and what champions speak to you.

Yucca Colbal

11-01-2010

how do you like to play ?

support
tank
ranged dps
melee dps
being an annoying ****
last hitting
stealth
defense
?

Auxesía

11-01-2010

I've been thinking about Garen since I like the close up combat and melee dps.

Yucca Colbal

11-01-2010

there are far better champs to play then Garen

try Olaf

Nocturnal Lament

11-01-2010

Quote:
Yucca Colbal:
there are far better champs to play then Garen

try Olaf

Agreed.

Then again, playing Olaf works differently than when playing Garen.
Garen is best suited for beginners, but know this, if you select Garen, chances are the other team WILL rage at you. Also, if you perform badly, your own team might even rage.

This is because a lot of people consider Garen too easy to pick up and learn. So a successful Garen will be called a noob, and yet, a horrible Garen will be called a noob as well, ironically. Sure, it's only verbal abuse, but this is an online pvp game.. so it WILL happen.

I am no expert on Garen, but I do know that people will usually cry one way or another if he's chosen. But, don't let people like that get in the way of your decision.

Olaf, on the other hand, [imo] is more rewarding.
One of his skills does true damage, while hurting himself in the process. So it is in many ways, a high risk/high reward skill.

As far as survivability is concerned, Olaf has ViciousStrikes and Ragnorak, which can greatly improve both damage and survivability. Then again, I prefer the concept design of the "Viking" vs the "Knight".

Auxesía

11-01-2010

I'm still in the process of learning the basics of this game, I've been watching some youtube videos and stuff trying to make my game a little better.

I'll probably take Garen, since he's more "Noob" friendly as stated

Momciloo

11-01-2010

Pantheon, just need to master him