Darius after-nerf

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iProbie

03-04-2013

How would you build him after the nerf?

Personally, I think early CDRs is now mandatory for his 120 sec cd ult at level 1.
maybe kindle+brutalizer early game.

Ikruti

03-04-2013

Same way as before nerf. The change to his ult really shouldn't affect what you want to build, you should've wanted CDR before and should still want it now.

EDIT: Wait, was I the only one who built an early brutalizer on him before? I thought everyone did that...

Eloquid

03-05-2013

Something changed to Darius after the "nerf"?

The Fizznity

03-05-2013

Same way, he'll just kind of suck since the ult that he was designed to always have up is now down for about half the fights he's in.

But then if you were one of those Darii who just ulted whenever and didn't bother to get kills with it, I doubt you'll see the change.

Hrondir

03-05-2013

Darius players will now have to be smart about using their ult rather than just durrrriusssssss. As far as build goes I've always worked CDR in with a brualizer into cleaver. Normally kindle gem into either shurelias or Spirit Visage. From there I go tanky with proper items as needed. I was never a big fan of darius but building him is not that hard.

kirillian

03-06-2013

Just build him tanky cdr like before...he still brings MASSIVE damage from his dot which can be applied in AoE with his Q (which is pretty good damage too)...his ult is useful for executing, but what makes darius good is the fact that his high damage keeps you from ignoring him in a fight. Often, you don't get off more than one ult anyway because the other team is focusing you as it is. I think the change prevents cases where a big teamfight happens and Darius barely survives but can hold off one or two people because of the threat of his ult which is still up...He's still strong in teamfights, but he will have moments, like Mummy, where he isn't AS scary.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2013

I wouldnt think he would change all that much.

Even when going very tanky, a brutalizer is a cheap way to greatly increase offensive power, and give 10% CDR.
Ionic Boots will be a shoo in now for another 15%. So thats 25%...29% if you took CDR over AS in offense.
From there he has several options, including a Black Cleaver and 2nd brutalizer for 39%. Or, grab Locket for health and another 10% CDR. .

Or, for a more defensive approach a Spirit Visage and Ionic boots gives 35% quickly and cheaply

Rademus

03-09-2013

He seems the same to me