the proper way to build xin for 3 v 3?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nerdsinc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

My normal Xin build.

I don't usually get boots on Xin unless the enemies are ultra mobile. My EQ+Mallet is more than enough to aid me with chasing.

I don't tend to get that much damage on Xin early game as his Q is a major damage steroid on a very short cooldown.

Bullwark is one of the most gold efficient items in LoL atm and I usually purchase it because it gives you so much stats for a reasonable amount of gold. if a friend purchases a Bulwark with you then you will get even more bonus stats

Boo

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral View Post
interesting reading, although im still at a loss why the suggestions from the big guys doesnt include AS items, seems like xins bread & butter is AS. What am i missing?
botrk has 40% attack speed.

Wodenedow

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy Spiral View Post
interesting reading, although im still at a loss why the suggestions from the big guys doesnt include AS items, seems like xins bread & butter is AS. What am i missing?
A few thoughts:

-He has a built in AS steroid.
-Randuins does a really good job of shutting down attack speed and smart teams will build it against you.
-Higher ranked players / builds tend towards offensive + defensive itemization over pure offense, and having both lantern (TT or SR version) and mallet is very strong.
-The new BORtK is amazing - but not the easiest to fit in as you have to delay strong defensive items.

Jazman84

03-05-2013

I build Xin as a tanky initiator/ganker.
In the Jungle I start boots, long sword, pots.
In lane I start Cloth/Mantle(depending on ememy) Longsword, pots.
I have also used Elixir, 9 pot start too for lvl2 1st blood. I sometimes may pick one up on my 1st back too if I need the extra damage.

In the jungle I rush Grez, then Locket, Sunfire, Randuin's/Spirit visage (depending on the enemy comp). If I try and fit another damage item in it is usually BotRK or Tiamat/Hydra. The Tiamat passive is great for cranking up your gold generation, while also providing you wit another 1:1 AD ability on a 10 sec CD. Boots will depend on the situation. If an enemy lane has a lack of mobility or hard CC ill grab Boots of Swiftness, a lot of CC, then Mercs, if high AD, Tabi.

In lane I usually start Cloth/Mantle(depending on ememy) Longsword, pots. I'll rush Locket, because the active will save your ass in lane and prevent the enemy snowballing in lane if you get in trouble, however, if I am getting ganked constantly, I'll build a Grez to dust over the wall and E to jungle creeps. If I am snowballing I will then build my long sword into either Cutlass or Tiamat. Cutlass if the enemy is taking risks to get back in the game, or if I have forced them to play passive I will build Tiamat and key my lane pushed out so we can take shrines. After that it's tanky items til close.

PastorJ

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wodenedow View Post
Also, buy pots consistently early-midgame (2-3). Nobody told me this, but when I started doing it, my win rate improved by about 10%. You will always be facing DOT (prob Darius or Singed), and with no escapes other than that fantastic Grez tip by AndersMMO, pots will save your life as Xin and teach you how to consistently use item actives.

Sam

03-08-2013

Madred > BOTK or Locket

PurpleURP

03-09-2013

Here's my smiteless jungle xin build:
runes: AS marks, armor seals, flat MR gliphs, ad quints
masteries: 21/9/0
build: depends on opposing team,
vs strong ad team: start boots cloth armor 5 pots, rush lantern, get giants belt, boots 2, cutlass, kindlegem, botrk, lockett, sunfire or randuins depending on if they auto or spell ad
vs strong ap team: start boots long sword 2 pots, rush botrk, boots 2, phage, frozen mallet, maw, bulwark
either build finish with a last whisper if you are the only ad on your team or a BC if you are on a 2 ad team