Graphical Issues in Game and with Interface

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

victorzaroni

03-04-2013

Running a Macbook Pro with Retina Display here, technical specs as follows:
Processor: 2.3 Ghz intel core i7
Ram: 8 GB
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB

I'm running the newly released mac client, never used iLOL.

The main menu, matchmaking screen, everything except the game itself is in low res. This seems like something that will be fixed in a future patch, but I'm not sure if I'm the only one getting this. If I am the only one, how can I fix it?

When playing a game, I can play at 30fps with v-sync on at 2880x1800 resolution with all effects on high, so I figured disabling some effects would bring me up to 60, but it doesn't. I level out at 30 no matter what I do. Turning v-sync off isn't an option, because my frame rate just flys around between 20 and 60 constantly, providing for some rather annoying gameplay. Suggestions?

Also, the shop screen and all text including health bars are extremely small. Again, this is probably why the client is in beta, but I'm wondering if I'm the only one getting this or if this is a universal thing amongst MacBook Pro with Retina users.

Finally, running the game at a lower resolution isn't an option because I can't full screen at any other resolution besides 2880x1800, and I'm really not a fan of huge black bars on the side of my screen.

This post sure has "first world problems" written all over it, but I wanted to post this so the mac client developers can see it and to see if other players are experiencing similar issues.

Hemothorax

03-04-2013

I hope they cater to "first world problems" people because I put a lot of money back into their ecosystem (and Apple's!)

sajimo

03-04-2013

^^ As did I and I'm having similar issues and concerns. First world problems aside, it's in beta so they can receive our input and hopefully make the final product the best it can be. Maybe someone will figure out a solution until a patch?

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

03-05-2013
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Have you tried resetting your SMC?

Also, I would suggest lowering your shadows to low at that high of a resolution. The Retina macs actually don't have a more powerful graphics card, so it tends to cause some lowered FPS with the drivers that Apple currently uses.

MUSAKEK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-31-2013

I am going to purchase a PC soon for my LoL play, because the mac client has broken my macbook pro's internal fan - for a second time.