Nome, you wanted to know what to do about Dom's bleeding playerbase

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutePK

03-04-2013

The alure of winning RP from DD tournament is trumped once people realize it's the same teams farming it every week.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

I love Dominion played over 120 this month compared to 20 of the Normal modes, math wise it makes more sense to farm Dominion for ip because 40-70 ip for 10-20 min x 3 or 4 = 40-60 min =150 -220 ip compared to 3v3-5v5 = 40-60 min = 80-120 ip. so for same amount of time you can almost get double the IP for your time. but i am really hopefull Ranked will happen in Season 3 if not, i dont think ill be playing the game very much longer, i am really good at Dominion but seems Leagues does not care to show anyone anything but my 5v5 stats or 3v3 RANKED, so if i only play Dominion i must be some DA that doesnt know anything at all about the game, and have no skill at all cause all people do when i join a 5v5 is LOLKINGS me and say wow this guy played like 10 of these matches and nothing else matter GGWP over at start.I took a 2 year Break from leagues waiting for new modes and hoping the game came out with new Innovations, so when i came back Dominion was huge for me i played pre season 1 hundreds of matches in 5v5 that mode is older than the wind and for Riot to only pursue 5v5 Ranked is a huge disadvantage to RIOT why? DOTA 2 has 1 map 1 mode and will be free to play league has to show its not like DOTA 2 its better and has new mode and is innovating not doing the same thing same map and just being stale. take Dominion and TT(3v3)out of LOL and Riot will bleed a few million members after a few months of only 5v5 we will just go play something else, playing 5v5 24-7 is redundant and so last decade. Riot needs to push the MOBA foward not pull an icefrog and keep it the same.

DiscworldDeath

03-05-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
Popular streamer

non-low-ELO

:/
xPeke was over 2,100 Elo when we last checked.
Kerp was 2,056 when last tracked, sure he's gotten higher since, he usually only plays with Frogurt, who plays a not terrible AP TF on Dominion, who had 2,231 Elo last tracked.

I remember watching when Wickd used to stream some Dominion, he didn't have too much knowledge of it, was back when JabeBot was alive, he had ~1850 Elo and got there mostly through mechanical strength and crushing everyone in fights, rather than map knowledge.

But dunno, aside from Kerp, Frogert with imbaasheep every now and then, I don't see them playing much anymore, and xPeke apparently mostly played Dominion while high anyway.

Ardnalis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-06-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
What they should really do is have a pro team scrim PECS and stream it.

Watch PECS demolish them, and then have people go, huh, maybe this dominion thing is fun after all.
This happened before, except it was a no-name team and a fairly well established pro team.

The pro team turned it around by essentially saying Dominion doesn't matter and its a joke mode.

Kiddalee

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardnalis View Post
This happened before, except it was a no-name team and a fairly well established pro team.

The pro team turned it around by essentially saying Dominion doesn't matter and its a joke mode.
Then fans believe in poor sportsmanship. Similarly, I've watched SR streamers complain that they must have been ghosted, or that teammates weren't communicating when they walked into traps, and things like that. But the few fans with some common sense will see what is plain: SR teams are bad at Dominion because the skills are somewhat different.

Herboss

03-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCIX View Post
Get a popular streamer to stream some (non-low-ELO) Dominion game. Or talk to Rioters who can ask one. Hell, just beg someone with power to feature a round of DD tourney VODs. Get the classy, skilled Dominion in people's faces and we'll instantly stop bleeding players.
Without ranked Dominion nobody playing SR will give a sht.

MuseLuffy

03-07-2013

*Logs into a favorite stream.
"Oh its Dom"
*Pulls up a different SR stream.

Flawless plan you hatched here. But not really, its stupid and wont work.