Playing to abuse OP things until they get nerfed is the norm now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-04-2013

first of all i'm writing from a laptopt that loves relocating the cursor for no apparent so i'm sorry if i miss some typos.
To be honest his point about the black cleaver is completely out of basis, sure riot made black cleaver but you know what? riot had it on the pbe for almost 2 months and even then people there complained about it being too weak, in fact cleaver was buffed thanks to the general feedback of the public and its first live nerf was a rollback to its original pbe state there which sadly were players either using the pbe for anything but giving feedback which is what pbe is intended for some of them were even considering in finding the new op strats ahead of time and keeping them for themselves just to have a chance to abuse a somewhat unfair advantage during the earlier seasons , most of the users during that time on the pbe were people creating new accounts just to play with the new toys without even considering in helping with balancing the game or actually giving feedback, it didn't help that these guys were way too many meaning that there are high chances that people that would be more useful to have in the pbe couldn't even get on it, one would wonder why if cleaver was on the pbe during all that amount of time no one realized it until it came live were it took 2 days for people to realize it (sauron's math also helped), and yes i did count them at first cleaver qq was getting downvoted 2 days later cleaver qq gained weight. anyways two days is nothing compared to two moaultnths so why? were people in the p be really that useful?, were them only using it for sparing?, is riot the only one at fault here? could useful people actually log into it?, does the pbe provide enough data as it is?, should it be runned like some twisted reality show where people earn "pbe points" for giving feedback essays with at least 300 words, where an elimination process takes place at certain dates before the sign ups in which the lowest scores get constantly eliminated and lose access to the pbe making room for the actual useful people? should the actual useful people on the pbe be able to gain certain kind of immunity in case urgent rl matters didn't let them have the spare time to do it or would it be to abusable? after all the pbe is a voluntary service but the fact that it's voluntary doesn't mean that you should go around doing it wrong or not contributing at all.

srry long rant, would be longer and more structured if this thing would actually let me writerythingcursor around annd frustrating me by making me retype eveinstead of randomly moving the

yeah i intentionally left the last 2 lines like that just to show how frustrated and mad i'm at this laptop atm. Stupid laptop it took me an hour of retyping to actually write this.

Torkable

03-04-2013

lol you actually think im going to read that giant wall of txt.

Armstice

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orphane View Post
And then Riot went and gave it a max health nuke

It's like they didn't learn anything from DFG :/
What I find so funny about this comment here is that for the longest time no one said anything about how insanely overpowered that 30% health nuke on DFG was. Now AD's get a turn and it's the most knee jerk, "O HAIL NAW!"

Also, build a randuins and stop crying about Botrk.

DiscworldDeath

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armstice View Post
What I find so funny about this comment here is that for the longest time no one said anything about how insanely overpowered that 30% health nuke on DFG was. Now AD's get a turn and it's the most knee jerk, "O HAIL NAW!"

Also, build a randuins and stop crying about Botrk.
User has 16 Dominion wins, no Dominion games in match history. Came here on quest to find people complaining about BoRK, doesn't even realize we're talking about the principle, seeing as our game mode doesn't even have BoRK in it.

Armstice

03-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
User has 16 Dominion wins, no Dominion games in match history. Came here on quest to find people complaining about BoRK, doesn't even realize we're talking about the principle, seeing as our game mode doesn't even have BoRK in it.
I was just looking through the forums and found this, but I do think it's funny that for a game mode that's struggling to stay alive this is how you greet people on the forum.

Lindre

03-05-2013

It's so difficult to realize why you received a negative response when you were negative in the first place, and didn't even bother to check what forum you were in or what the discussion was even about. You just threw out a "stop crying". Classic case of "Hey, my first interaction with you is going to be me being an ass. Hey, what the hell, why are you being an ass back to me?! This is how you greet people?!"

DiscworldDeath

03-05-2013

Your comment was dismissive, and had nothing to do with the more general issue of the perceived issue of over-patching, or the game mode that is being discussed here.

Also, people had been complaining about DFG for ages, I dunno what you're talking about.

There's also kit-separation issues going on here - AP champions' job is to nuke you, and then they often have to wait for their CDs to come back up - at least for the ones who got DFG. AD carries are meant to do sustained damage, and a nuke for all of them is a bit weird.

Now, do I think BoRK has issues? I mostly think it was bloated, I actually liked the previous version of BoRK just fine, but then again I liked it on bruisers, which are what I prefer to play.
That something has counterplay, via an item that costs more and might be OP on its own, does not make the first thing non-OP.

I mean, if one thing is OP, and it's countered by another OP thing, it doesn't make things "alright". It also tends to lead to snowballing, since if you can get your OP and smack the opponent down hard and early enough to stop them from getting their own OP to counter you - endless snowball.

As for "Greeting you to the forum", I was making a note on your post and its relevancy to the discussion at hand. If you wish to actually engage with us in Dominion-related discussions, go for it.

Warmeat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2013

also i dare you to play the OP Champs/items/ stuff and when you lose your just gonna feel like your the worst player in LOL, cause Champions and Items are not OP the good players who Dominate you are the differance, so stop worrying about stuff you ant control and just play the game and get better. no one cares if you pick anyone cause you think there OP that is totally ok and if you wanna use Karma go right ahead no one cares if you wanna pick the weakest or strongest champion pick one and save the drama for your mama.

What is gonna be funny is you picking Someone you think is OP then one day a Soraka or Karma are behind a much better player and you sit there making another post or tell them in game there OP.

Warmeat

03-05-2013

I dont see why anyone is Complaining we all have the Options to buy the items in game, unlike the Champions that are unique per game, so what if Darius uses the same items as Quinn or Vayne, how many swords with armor pen and differant procs do you want? whats obvious is NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO FOR MAXIMUM DAMAGE YOU WILL WANT THE SAME STUFF A ADC EQUIPS this is MMO 101 and RPG 101, even if it makes no sense, a Frozen Mallet vs a Sanguine Blade, if a Jarven or Darius want more damage, they will take a Sanguine over Frozen mallet, there is no way to force them to equip the Mallet unless it says on it specific Champion but then we will be force to be 1 dimensional, just play the dame game and be happy its free and the most played game on the internet i dont think Riot needs to take Balance Advice from amatuers.