Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

is vayne op?

Absolutly 201 32.9%
A little 182 29.79%
Not really 138 22.59%
Not at all! 90 14.73%
Voters 611 .

is vayne op?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YasOOOH KILL EM

07-03-2013

Quote:
D3ad Puppi3s:
you guys keep talking about her early game but i do really ood early game with her thats why i usually always get fed

Then you're against people who suck.

Sobre punto

08-11-2013

http://www.lolking.net/champions/
She is just popular so more people are losing to her, and because of this, she gets banned. The reality is her win rate is lower then even quinns... If you think she is over powered, your retarded. Not to mention riot nerfed her early game... EARLY game... on vayne... think about that for a moment... like... it was already ****. Don't complain or you will kill her like you all did to karma and olaf.

PlsApport

08-11-2013

Quote:
Darkyahweh2:
http://www.lolking.net/champions/
She is just popular so more people are losing to her, and because of this, she gets banned. The reality is her win rate is lower then even quinns... If you think she is over powered, your retarded. Not to mention riot nerfed her early game... EARLY game... on vayne... think about that for a moment... like... it was already ****. Don't complain or you will kill her like you all did to karma and olaf.

Win rate means nothing. She's an incredibly snowbally, late game hypercarry duellist god who was balanced out by the fact she had a crappy early game. The addition of BotRK, as well as the nerfs to Caitlyn and Draven - her biggest counters - left her a little bit above the mark in terms of power, because once she hit level 6 she could repeatedly all-in with her outplay potential from ult, and since she doesn't have a particularly weak pre-6 anymore (since her counters are nerfed and you can easily run 2 LS quints + dblade), she can just wait.

She was stronger than she should've been, and they scaled her back a tiny bit. Personally I don't know if that's enough, but I haven't much experience playing her at a diamond 1 level of play, as most of my games since I hit diamond have been in typical silver/gold.

Scurvy Dave

08-11-2013

I don't even play vayne, but she is very easy to counter play. She is a very basic and simple champion, for newer players who haven't had much practice or experience she may seem OP because you just don't know how she works yet, you gotta learn your lane, all champions that are in it. Go play her for a few games and tell me what you think, you'll realize that she's not OP, you're just not playing her abilities out. Just like how you shouldn't turret dive an ashe or varus with their ultis up although so many new players do it. You're making mistakes and getting caught, that's all

PlsApport

08-11-2013

Quote:
Detrimentality:
I don't even play vayne, but she is very easy to counter play. She is a very basic and simple champion, for newer players who haven't had much practice or experience she may seem OP because you just don't know how she works yet, you gotta learn your lane, all champions that are in it. Go play her for a few games and tell me what you think, you'll realize that she's not OP, you're just not playing her abilities out. Just like how you shouldn't turret dive an ashe or varus with their ultis up although so many new players do it. You're making mistakes and getting caught, that's all

The thing about Vayne is that her counterplay is... Don't fight her past 6. That's all. If the Vayne is outplaying properly with her tumble and ult, you're rarely going to hit a skillshot, and she's going to outdamage you whether you build tank or damage.

SeCKS Egai

08-11-2013

Quote:
PlsApport:
The thing about Vayne is that her counterplay is... Don't fight her past 6. That's all. If the Vayne is outplaying properly with her tumble and ult, you're rarely going to hit a skillshot, and she's going to outdamage you whether you build tank or damage.

You can fight her past 6, just make sure you've gotten well ahead of her. In my last several outings, I never had any real chance of recovering, and in at least 3 of the matches I might as well have had a 2v1 lane from the lack of support whether it be the support not warding, abandoning lane, giving up avoidable deaths, etc.

I love being able to take an aggressive stance, but sometimes you don't even get the opportunity to do so.

PlsApport

08-11-2013

Quote:
xSeCKSx:
You can fight her past 6, just make sure you've gotten well ahead of her. In my last several outings, I never had any real chance of recovering, and in at least 3 of the matches I might as well have had a 2v1 lane from the lack of support whether it be the support not warding, abandoning lane, giving up avoidable deaths, etc.

I love being able to take an aggressive stance, but sometimes you don't even get the opportunity to do so.

Then, no offense, you aren't playing her right. There should be no situation in which you're more than 20-30 CS behind your opponent. You should be able to start going toe to toe with people as soon as you hit 6 or so and get a vamp or a bilgewater - if you're so behind that you can't, you need to work on your mechanics.

Poring X3

08-12-2013

My experience is that whoever has vayne in the team tends to win. Shes just too much of a monster and hard to kill once she gets going.

SeCKS Egai

08-12-2013

Quote:
PlsApport:
Then, no offense, you aren't playing her right. There should be no situation in which you're more than 20-30 CS behind your opponent. You should be able to start going toe to toe with people as soon as you hit 6 or so and get a vamp or a bilgewater - if you're so behind that you can't, you need to work on your mechanics.

Don't get me wrong, my mechanics are far from diamond level. You're just missing my point - some teams get so far behind that there's no way to catch up. Considering I had multiple "supports" in the last game that didn't actually support, at least 4 out of 9 or 10 mind you, there's nothing I can do.

Support doesn't ward - This wasn't rare in my last 10 games.
Support runs off (often to die) elsewhere out of lane - this wasn't rare in my last 10 games

Any adc requires a support to keep from getting completely zoned - if they know you're 2v1 then they'll maintain the zoning out.

Think of it this way, if you don't even have a support trying to support, the other lanes are likely to be in trouble including jungle.

In a more even match (as in actually having a support) I'm not gonna be in trouble, either I'll be slightly behind, or even win the lane.

and just to give you an idea...

Trying to recover after a nasty losing streak thanks in part to some afks/dcs - made it back to siv 4 in the next few games then back to siv 5 for a loooong while

Game 151 - Got to hear legendary twice before they finally shut me down. Note I was up against a draven, but him and his support were never on the same page so he couldn't exploit his early game strength, though we know its been diminished with the passive change.

Game 170 - Note the lee support. I should have dodged right there, so that's on me. He tried to q/w back and forth against a leona/cait paying no attention to minion waves or my position. He died to the CC. He then spent several minutes in the jungle putting our own jungler behind. Note the wards in my inventory - I bought more wards than the rest of the team combined, all the while against a cait/leona 2v1. And yes, most of those wards were after tower was lost, as the enemy had better map control (and I couldn't really move beyond the tower when it was up.

PlsApport

08-12-2013

Quote:
xSeCKSx:
Don't get me wrong, my mechanics are far from diamond level. You're just missing my point - some teams get so far behind that there's no way to catch up. Considering I had multiple "supports" in the last game that didn't actually support, at least 4 out of 9 or 10 mind you, there's nothing I can do.

Support doesn't ward - This wasn't rare in my last 10 games.
Support runs off (often to die) elsewhere out of lane - this wasn't rare in my last 10 games

Any adc requires a support to keep from getting completely zoned - if they know you're 2v1 then they'll maintain the zoning out.

Think of it this way, if you don't even have a support trying to support, the other lanes are likely to be in trouble including jungle.

In a more even match (as in actually having a support) I'm not gonna be in trouble, either I'll be slightly behind, or even win the lane.

So you're saying vayne is the problem and then saying your support is the problem?